CC Random thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Mickey107 »

...............................August 19, 2019...................................................................... :but:
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

August 20 .....Beware phone scam pretending to be Microsoft trying to get you to call a number...DONT.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

As i sit on my porch smoking and watching the birds this afternoon i got to thinking...

vancouverites, such as most of you poor bastards, lose a giant percentage of your lives driving back and forth across the lower mainland rush hour clusterfucks.

Doesnt that bother any of you? How the fuck can you stand that shit? Dont any of you realize those hours are gone forever?

The thought of that really struck me today. What a colossal fucking waste of good living hours
If you need air...call it in
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:08 pm As i sit on my porch smoking and watching the birds this afternoon i got to thinking...

vancouverites, such as most of you poor bastards, lose a giant percentage of your lives driving back and forth across the lower mainland rush hour clusterfucks.

Doesnt that bother any of you? How the fuck can you stand that shit? Dont any of you realize those hours are gone forever?

The thought of that really struck me today. What a colossal fucking waste of good living hours
I look back at that bullshit and am amazed I did it. I had 2 hour (each commutes) for a number of years. I also found I could drive, transit or bike from Langley to Kerrisdale in about the same amount of time. The shortest commute I had was Kits to Kerrisdale, and I could ride that faster than driving.

Even Vegas with all their shitty traffic I never needed more than an hour to get anywhere.

These days, I commute 100 feet down the hallway.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Cornuck wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:19 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:08 pm As i sit on my porch smoking and watching the birds this afternoon i got to thinking...

I look back at that bullshit and am amazed I did it. I had 2 hour (each commutes) for a number of years. I also found I could drive, transit or bike from Langley to Kerrisdale in about the same amount of time. The shortest commute I had was Kits to Kerrisdale, and I could ride that faster than driving.

Even Vegas with all their shitty traffic I never needed more than an hour to get anywhere.

These days, I commute 100 feet down the hallway.
I did love to ride to places in van as well. I forgot about that.
When i worked at skytrain maintenance yard i rode to work but driving the service van between richmond to downtown to surrey had me slitting my fuckin wrists in the tub every night.
Me and the ex bought a lakefront house in osoyoos for 157k instead of the cul-de-sac (hey Blob :lol: ) in burnaby for 350. I quit the crime train and went to work in ok falls...then the divorce totally harshed my buzz
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I never could handle commuting... and so I never really have! :)

Yeah, always ensured I lived close to work...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

15 minutes by bike. I switched jobs recently and now I work right in the centre of town. If I need to pick something up or go to the bank, it’s all walking distance from the office, and the basement and ground floor of the building is a mall. As a coworker said, one of the perks working here is that you can go to the liquor store in midwinter without putting on a jacket..... :lol:

Back when I worked at the pulp mill it was a half hour drive from door to door, so even then it wasn’t too shabby, but going from spending an hour every day in the car to spending half an hour on a bike was definitely a positive.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/0 ... d-mansion/
Forget Global Warming and Rising Sea Levels

– Obamas Buying $15 Million Martha’s Vineyard Mansion on the Ocean

The Obamas are reportedly purchasing a 29-acre, 7,000 square foot $14.85 million mansion in Martha’s Vineyard.

The home is currently owned by Boston Celtics co-owner Wyc Grousbeck.

So after all those years of lying about it, Obama proves he doesn't actually believe in climate change! :twisted:

Phoniest president ever, I've heard he's not even black...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Nice shed for a community coordinator.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/23/us/n ... clain.html
How a Bitter Divorce Battle on Earth Led to Claims of a Crime in Space

Ms. Worden’s spouse, Anne McClain, was a decorated NASA astronaut on a six-month mission aboard the International Space Station. She was about to be part of NASA’s first all-female spacewalk. But the couple’s domestic troubles on Earth, it seemed, had extended into outer space.

Ms. McClain acknowledged that she had accessed the bank account from space, insisting through a lawyer that she was merely shepherding the couple’s still-intertwined finances. Ms. Worden felt differently. She filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and her family lodged one with NASA’s Office of Inspector General, accusing Ms. McClain of identity theft and improper access to Ms. Worden’s private financial records.

“They specifically mentioned threatening emails from orbit, and accessing bank accounts — not sure where that info comes from,” Ms. McClain wrote in an email

Investigators from the inspector general’s office have since contacted Ms. Worden and Ms. McClain, trying to get to the bottom of what may be the first allegation of criminal wrongdoing in space.
If she's found guilty do they ship her off to Ceti Alpha V? :-?

First "allegation" of criminal wrongdoing in space sure

... but we all know rape is the most underreported crime!

Immoral fucking astronauts amirite? :scowl:

Hmmmm now that I think about it, space in zero gravity... oh baby!

If the space station's a-rockin don't come a-knockin! Image

Sorry, I went off on a tangent...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Do you pull out in space?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Was there a Dutch boy on the space station sticking his finger in the dyke?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Topper wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:57 pm Was there a Dutch boy on the space station sticking his finger in the dyke?
If they didnt fantasize about penises they wouldnt do each other with rubber versions of one
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

NASA Images Show Just How Much Carbon Monoxide Is Coming Off The Burning Amazon
LAUREN FRIAS, BUSINESS INSIDER
24 AUG 2019

https://www.sciencealert.com/nasa-image ... ing-amazon
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

My commute has mostly been fuck all, but I’m done with the lower mainland. Even on the weekends it’s too busy here. Trying to get around to get kids to sports or activities or visit people or run errands, you end up with way too much windshield time. Six to ten more years at best and I’m gone.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”