CC Random thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I am partial to the DTES. Family lived in Strathcona for 40 years starting in 1905 and owned a couple hotels there for another 30 years after until the 70’s. Ole Ray our SRO babysitter used to take me for walks in the DTES when he needed smokes and fresh air. Watched a lot of fast pitch at Oppenheimer - the Stripper bar/hotel league. Great memories, the sticks ain’t for me, but o could handle Kelowna, Victoria, Courtney.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

You are the exact opposite of me. I could not live in a city again. Too many people, too much traffic and crime. It's country life for me. :thumbs:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

BCExpat wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:22 pm You are the exact opposite of me. I could not live in a city again. Too many people, too much traffic and crime. It's country life for me. :thumbs:
I agree. I grew up in Vancouver and after moving to rural BC used to enjoy visiting Vancouver. Now I dread the trips I have to make there and can't get the hell out fast enough.

Yup, people, traffic and crime, who the hell needs it?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

2Fingers wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:57 pm Pretty bad multiple stabbings in Saskatchewan.

10 people deceased and 2 suspects at large.
As more details come to light, I wonder what role our race based, two tier legal system has played in allowing the perpetrators to roam?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://vidmax.com/video/214809-man-suc ... s-him-dead

Man suckerpunches stranger from behind, victim pulls gun and shoots the attacker dead.

That's a shame.

Video at link.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://www.blogto.com/city/2022/09/oak ... hop-class/

"Oakville Teacher Shocks Students by Wearing Huge Prosthetic Breast to Shop Class"

Fucking Leaves fans...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

I’ve posted some stuff by the Norwegian comedy team Ylvis before. Like the old guys with hats. They’re mostly known outside of Norway for The Fox, but they have their own talkshow and do a lot of weird stuff on Norwegian TV. They did a TV series called Stories from Norway, where they did mini musicals about stuff. This one is about when Justin Bieber came to Norway for a concert, sang one song, then walked off stage, took a car to the airport and left. Unfortunately they speak Norwegian between the different musical numbers, interviewing people about the event, but if you can bear that, I think you’ll find some great comedy in the various musical skits. And I guess you can all enjoy them really taking the piss out of Justin Bieber, right? :D

Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

^ HA!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMkrN4RBZ5c

Punks!

You call that a riot?

Time for Megs and I to start giving lessons.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

What the fuck is little baby? Maybe they should reassess their fuckin music choices before they get all righteous about shit.

Not to mention they didn't even burn anything. How can they call it a riot without burning shit? That's just a pile of junk
If you need air...call it in
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:57 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMkrN4RBZ5c

Punks!

You call that a riot?

Time for Megs and I to start giving lessons.
I don't think your sit-in skills would find much of an audience with the youth of today. Works great for us old folks though - hell sometimes we sit down and can't get back up :lol: :lol:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Looks like Canada is dropping the ArriveCAN app and other restrictions.

Masks will still be mandatory on airplanes and trains.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ole Chef finally got the Covid. Fuck I’ve been a master at dodging the fucker. Tested positive this afternoon, 4 members of Chefs brood are down with it. Doyle should I hit the whiskey?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau