CC Random thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:01 pm The nerve of people discussing where they would like to relocate to in the next few years.
And the nerve of someone making a joke about retirees not needing to worry much about traffic.

SplongeBlob is just mad he got fed his ass in the hockey forum today. Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:12 pm Traffic in Van was at the apex of its shittiness in the late 90s before all the road upgrades. I drove service truck during those years so I know how bad that place can be. Remember the fuckin port Mann? The tunnel in Richmond? Before the Alex Fraser?
It’s worse now. The infrastructure is thirty years behind where they should be.
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:57 pm Fuck blob would love the 98 in Whitehorse. Hammered to fuck by 10 am every day
No he wouldn’t. I need a warmer, dryer climate. I’ll likely snowbird it for a decade as well.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

To be honest I’m torn between Victoria, Parksville, Courtney or Kelowna/Okanagan. Leaning more towards the Island
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:57 pm To be honest I’m torn between Victoria, Parksville, Courtney or Kelowna/Okanagan. Leaning more towards the Island
I kinda like Comox/Courtenay too. Yeah we like the Okanagan and Parksville. Blind Bay is beautiful but pretty slow. The Shuswap is a gorgeous lake though.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Chilliwack or Harrison for me, close enough to get to Vancouver to experience the cultural events, close to my doctor until the old bugger retires.

not many wild fires, mild winters and relatively low cost housing.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

2Fingers wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:38 am Chilliwack or Harrison for me, close enough to get to Vancouver to experience the cultural events, close to my doctor until the old bugger retires.

East Abby! :thumbs:

Well the housing may not be quite as low, but the winters are even milder than Chilly/Harrison...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

2Fingers wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:38 am Chilliwack or Harrison for me, close enough to get to Vancouver to experience the cultural events, close to my doctor until the old bugger retires.

You can always keep your doctor. No need to live in the same area.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:56 pm The Yukon!?!? Geezus H!

The older one gets, milder weather should be the deciding factor
Yeah, I tried that. I spent the winter months down in Arizona for about 10 years. I was working out of my house, so I could work from anywhere as long as I had reliable internet. Anyway, just before I retired, I absolutely had enough of Arizona and I sold my place down there. It took a winter or two to get used to the cold climate in Alberta again, but now I'm fine with it. Milder weather doesn't have to be a deciding factor.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BCExpat wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:35 pm

Yeah, I tried that. I spent the winter months down in Arizona for about 10 years. I was working out of my house, so I could work from anywhere as long as I had reliable internet. Anyway, just before I retired, I absolutely had enough of Arizona and I sold my place down there. It took a winter or two to get used to the cold climate in Alberta again, but now I'm fine with it. Milder weather doesn't have to be a deciding factor.
I didn’t say Arizona. I just don’t want to have to wear two layers of wooly socks like ole Cuz to take the garbage out.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Dryer weather is also key. It pisses rain 8 months a year here. But the snowbird thing is something I’ll likely do for a few years. Bucerias or Nuevo Vallarta, maybe Zhihauteneo? Maybe try out Palm Springs.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:47 pm
BCExpat wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:35 pm

I didn’t say Arizona. I just don’t want to have to wear two layers of wooly socks like ole Cuz to take the garbage out.
Arizona is where I went for a milder climate. I'm just saying that milder weather isn't necessarily a deciding factor.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:02 pm Dryer weather is also key. It pisses rain 8 months a year here. But the snowbird thing is something I’ll likely do for a few years. Bucerias or Nuevo Vallarta, maybe Zhihauteneo? Maybe try out Palm Springs.
Oh I agree with the drier weather. The constant rain was the thing I hated most about the lower mainland. I prefer the colder weather in Alberta to the constant rain.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Personally I love the rain, hate the snow, hate the heat, but to each their own.

Mild weather is where it's at for this cat.
____
Try to focus on someday.