CC Random thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Aaronp18 »

donlever wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:47 pm :lol:

Nice...

Not playing much golf I guess eh?
Haha

Actually played the most I did this year in a long time.

Kids are at the age where they should be earnin to help me golf more!
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Interesting local travel series discovering BC's past.

In today's episode - whatever happened to Lake Sumas?

el rey del mambo
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

2011...If Luongo didn't have a childlike fragile eggshell mind we would have won a cup. It's all on him as far as I'm concerned
If you need air...call it in
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:31 pm 2011...If Luongo didn't have a childlike fragile eggshell mind we would have won a cup. It's all on him as far as I'm concerned
Or if the refs hadn’t swallowed their whistles.

The Canucks built a team and played a style that was taking advantage of the new harsher enforcing of the NHL rulebook.
Then suddenly the refs reverted back to the old look the other way mode in the final. Let the bruins get away with murder.

:evil:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Per wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:44 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:31 pm 2011...If Luongo didn't have a childlike fragile eggshell mind we would have won a cup. It's all on him as far as I'm concerned
Or if the refs hadn’t swallowed their whistles.

The Canucks built a team and played a style that was taking advantage of the new harsher enforcing of the NHL rulebook.
Then suddenly the refs reverted back to the old look the other way mode in the final. Let the bruins get away with murder.

:evil:
This sounds a lot like the what the Oiler fans are complaining about these days. :roll:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Yeah, I'm with you Expat......you have to play the game put in front of you and control what you can control.

Players and coaches have to adjust period by period, game by game and series by series.

Complaining about outside factors or using them as excuses doesn't do anyone any good.

The NHL has been inconsistently officiated for years for various reasons.

Teams have to deal with it.

Speaking of inconsistent....Cuz is in the mark....our "top tier" netminder was wildly so in that series.

And he let Boston fans get into his head.

Mentally fragile rarely wins in the end....in hockey or otherwise...
DeLevering since 1999.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Anyone have a Peloton or something similar?

Worth it at all?
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Aaronp18 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:24 pm Anyone have a Peloton or something similar?

Worth it at all?
I use a Nordic track 1750 commercial treadmill. It's a pretty solid machine and it gets used a lot - one hour a day, 6 days a week. It has a pretty good rating and good reviews. The only thing is, make sure you don't use it in a dusty place (like a garage). Mine is in my garage/workshop, but I keep it covered all the time with a polyethylene sheet (when I'm not using it).
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

BCExpat wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:52 pm
Aaronp18 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:24 pm Anyone have a Peloton or something similar?

Worth it at all?
I use a Nordic track 1750 commercial treadmill. It's a pretty solid machine and it gets used a lot - one hour a day, 6 days a week. It has a pretty good rating and good reviews. The only thing is, make sure you don't use it in a dusty place (like a garage). Mine is in my garage/workshop, but I keep it covered all the time with a polyethylene sheet (when I'm not using it).
I'd go with a bike, or maybe a rower. Not a huge treadmill fan, I have had one. What I like about the new Peloton (maybe others as well) is they have a screen that turns sideways and can show other workouts as well not just biking/rowing/running.

And it would be in our gym downstairs so no dust worries.

Currently have a basic bike that get some use but looking to upgrade and everyone has sales on right now, though I'm sure it'll arrive some time in 2022 if I'm lucky!
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

I also have a stationary bike and an elliptical. I don't use the bike much, just to fill in between workouts - maybe 20 minutes at a time. I use the elliptical a lot and I find it to be about the same level of workout as a treadmill. My treadmill does have a screen with various workouts on it, but I usually just do my own thing, except for the days that I do intervals (maybe 1 or 2 times a week) - then I use one of the workouts on the screen.

The main thing is to use the equipment regularly and not as something to hang your laundry on :lol:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

BCExpat wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:22 pm
The main thing is to use the equipment regularly and not as something to hang your laundry on :lol:
This is the goal! Been hard to stay on track with how busy life has been lately.

Finding a little more time for myself so goal is to create a solid schedule!
Last edited by Aaronp18 on Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Worth it at all?
I bet you'd get a better sweat on if you kept the polyethylene sheet over it while on it. :look:
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Mëds wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:37 pm

Worth it at all?
I bet you'd get a better sweat on if you kept the polyethylene sheet over it while on it. :look:
The old Chelios in the sauna workout!
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Mëds wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:37 pm

Worth it at all?

I'm sure I would, but I'm 68 years old, so I don't think I would be able to handle it :lol:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked