CC Random thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

:lol:

Dafuq haha

Corny gonna get that one fast

Edit: Yup lol
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

One commonality in all these situations appears to be a lack of compliance when the police instruct them to do something. It might be alot wiser to just shut up and do as told considering the cops and their response to resistance.

For a young black man, it looks a life or death decision really.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:51 am One commonality in all these situations appears to be a lack of compliance when the police instruct them to do something. It might be alot wiser to just shut up and do as told considering the cops and their response to resistance.

In a LOT of these incidents, yes - but this one seems a little different, the cops swarm the car, drag him out right away. He tries to comply but with five angry cops at yelling at him, it didn't matter. He was lying down, and if it was such a huge crime that they needed to arrest him, they had ample opportunity to cuff him. Not sure how he got away from them (let go?), but his fight or flight instinct took over and he ran. That could have been the end of it, they had his car. But nope....
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:47 am :lol:

Dafuq haha

Corny gonna get that one fast

Edit: Yup lol
Was there any other way to interpret Lemmon's comment?

And yes, resistance and running away was a fatal error
Last edited by Topper on Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cornuck wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:55 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:51 am One commonality in all these situations appears to be a lack of compliance when the police instruct them to do something. It might be alot wiser to just shut up and do as told considering the cops and their response to resistance.

In a LOT of these incidents, yes - but this one seems a little different, the cops swarm the car, drag him out right away. He tries to comply but with five angry cops at yelling at him, it didn't matter. He was lying down, and if it was such a huge crime that they needed to arrest him, they had ample opportunity to cuff him. Not sure how he got away from them (let go?), but his fight or flight instinct took over and he ran. That could have been the end of it, they had his car. But nope....
I agree.

Imho the footage we've seen does not equate to resisting arrest, all he does is ask and say he wasn't doing anything.

My take on what I've seen.....

We didn't see what the initial officers said/did, the cam footage I've seen is from the officer that is 3rd or 4th man in. At that point he's not quite out of the car and is protesting and asking why. At that point the officers seem to use excessive force, and he struggles somewhat, though not enough to warrant their "efforts". At this point one could argue that things may have gone better for him if he just shut up and played possum. That's not an excuse for the officers btw. When he runs, well that's going to piss these fat, out of shape, cops off, and it's also immediately raising suspicion of guilt for many, particularly officers (I'm not necessarily in that camp btw).

The sky cam footage however shows police brutality, retribution, and ultimately murder. There was NO reason for it. Anyone who participates in a group beating like that deserves life without parole at a minimum.

I have been on the scene for enough police take-downs of resisting individuals who are intoxicated, cracked out, aggressive, and violent. Usually we arrive after, but there have been several where we show up as all hell breaks loose. I've even assisted in a couple, mostly by just parking my 7 foot 13 Yao Ming frame on a body that won't sit still while the cops cuff them. I will say that I am continually impressed by the restraint and poise that is demonstrated by the RCMP officers in all of these situations. They would likely be well justified to cut loose on some of these people, but they don't. They take the spitting, the punching, the kicking, and the verbal abuse, and do their job.

The criminals in the Tyre Nichols case are a blight on law enforcement.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Mëds wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:51 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:06 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:03 pm .
The police who killed Tyre Nichols were Black. But they might still have been driven by racism. - Van Jones (CNN)

Haha I saw that too.
I'm sure Per or 5th will be along shortly to explain to us how this is on the level.
Been busy, so haven't been aware of this incident till now. Are you saying blacks can't be racist against blacks?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

According to a buddy of mine (who is black African) lighter skinned black people have been known to be prejudiced towards the really dark skinned folks.

So yes...it happens but this isn't that
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Living in Jamaica it was abundantly clear, the lighter the skin the better the opportunities.

Clear > Light Brown/Red > Brown > Black > Yellow (albino).

Hilariously, the company sent a light brown American of Jamaican birth down to work with me. He arrived wearing blue contacts lenses. Yes we laughed in his face.

5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:26 pm According to a buddy of mine (who is black African) lighter skinned black people have been known to be prejudiced towards the really dark skinned folks.

So yes...it happens but this isn't that
True. Dark skin tones are associated with labourers. It's the same in Asian cultures. Look at the Japanese with their white-face.

But you don't have to look down on someone to act racist towards them.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Whatchu think Mëds.
Starting January 31st in BC, Anyone 18 years of age and older will not be arrested for possessing small amounts of certain drugs for personal use up to 2.5 grams.

The exemption covers the following drugs:

Opioids like heroin, fentanyl and morphine
Crack and powder cocaine
Meth
MDMA (ecstasy)

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/decrimi ... nformation
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

SKYO wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:57 am Whatchu think Mëds.
Starting January 31st in BC, Anyone 18 years of age and older will not be arrested for possessing small amounts of certain drugs for personal use up to 2.5 grams.

Crack and powder cocaine
Meth
MDMA (ecstasy)

But only two alcoholic drinks a week.

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Crack and powder cocaine
Meth
MDMA (ecstasy)

I wonder if you had 2.5 grams of everything would you be legal?
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Crack and powder cocaine
Meth
MDMA (ecstasy)

If I am walking down the street with 4 fingers of whisky in a glass do I get arrested?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

2Fingers wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:02 pm

Crack and powder cocaine
Meth
MDMA (ecstasy)

If I am walking down the street with 4 fingers of whisky in a glass do I get arrested?
only if you have your pinky up while taking a sip.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:06 pm

Crack and powder cocaine
Meth
MDMA (ecstasy)

I wonder if you had 2.5 grams of everything would you be legal?
Nice try :lol: