CC Random thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:47 pm Lol
Right, so you've got nothing and you're a real nowhere man...
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:06 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:47 pm Lol
Right, so you've got nothing and you're a real nowhere man...
Sure, you win.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:56 pm
I get the distinct impression you three are glad yesterday happened.

Folks getting their heads blown off while shopping for school supplied seems to have you dancing for joy.
Nope. Pisses me off.

I can’t fathom why it is so impossible for the US to pass some common sense gun laws, when some 60% of the population would support that. Seems the NRA has a firm grip around the balls of most law makers.

... and continued ...

Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:56 pm If Donny was guilty of "hate speech" as you claim, he would have been impeached.
No, he won't get impeached.

The first step is easy, you just need a simple majority in the house to start the process, but to actually remove him, you need a two thirds majority in the senate, which is controlled by the GOP.

That's why Pelosi is so adamant that there will be no talk of impeachment. She knows that no more than a handful of republicans would vote against Trump, no matter what, and so the impeachment hearings would be a huge loss of face for the democrats.

Unless they find something so repugnant that even the GOP will have to say enough is enough.

I don't think this cuts the cake.

Nine out of ten democrats are convinced Trump is racist.
Nine out of ten republicans are convinced he is not.

The interesting part are those that lack party affiliation.
Among them there is now 56% who believe Trump is racist.
I expect that number to grow with each new outburst.

And I hope it will help determine the outcome of the 2020 elections.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Per wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:13 am
One thread isn't enough for politics?
But what about UFOs, weather phenomenons, etc
Randomly saying, FFS
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

micky107 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:02 am
Per wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:13 am
One thread isn't enough for politics?
But what about UFOs, weather phenomenons, etc
Randomly saying, FFS
Thank you Mick.

The lefty estrogen rage thread is that-a-way ········>

The search for Min Min sequel is coming out in a couple months. The 1st movie was cheesy but the phenomenon is definitely something trippy
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:11 pm An alleged MAGA hat wearing, immigrant hating, Trump minion except this one has gone off the rails?

I wonder how Doc will justify how this doesn’t land at Donald’s feet if it turns out the guy was drinking trump koolaid and decided to show the world how Donald was right.
Reefer2 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:52 pm Trump is just like the radicals who creates an environment where people on the edge is easily moved to commit a terrorist act. His words can influence a weak person to commit murder because the president said it’s ok.

Of course not directly but these wackos are a few screws loose and it does not take much.
Per wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:06 pm He didn’t commit any crime himself, but his hate speech encouraged others to.
Much like the Don.
Reefer2 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:29 pm although Trumpy didn’t pull the the trigger he was a voice in the kids head.

UPDATE:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... o-shooter/
In (the alleged manifesto of the El Paso shooter) the writer warns of the dangers of environmental degradation, rails against corporate influence in the government and cautions against interracial marriage. Under “political reasons,” the manifesto lambastes both Democrats and Republicans...

The document repeatedly rails against corporations, which the author says have taken over the government. The author criticizes Republicans for favoring corporations, but argues that “at least with Republicans, the process of mass immigration and citizenship can be greatly reduced.”

In a jumbled rant, the document rails against corporations for destroying the environment by over-harvesting resources. The manifesto chastises the government for being unwilling to confront environmental issues and most Americans for being unwilling to change their lifestyles to be more environmentally friendly.

And he stresses that he has maintained his white supremacist ideology for many years, predating President Trump and his 2016 campaign, which he says did not influence his reasons for carrying out the attack.
Can we leave politics out of this now and just agree the shooter was a sick twisted bastard?
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Also from the gunmans manifesto.
Some of the language of the manifesto reflects ideas from President Trump, Fox News and the modern Republican party. For example, the document warns of a "Hispanic invasion" and says Democrats are using "open borders" and "free healthcare for illegals" to attract new voters.
The writing is filled with white supremacist language and racist hatred aimed at immigrants and Latinos, and the author says he opposes "race mixing" and encourages immigrants to return to their home countries.
You are correct SL, the gunman does not directly say he is doing it because of Trump but as some of us has said here, the rhetoric coining out of Trump on a weekly basis can be enough to send one of these loonies over the edge. Which president told 4 women to go back yet 3 of them were born in the USA?

Over the history of the USA or in modern times has there ever been a president who has divided the country like he has?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:05 pm You are correct SL, the gunman does not directly say he is doing it because of Trump but as some of us has said here, the rhetoric coining out of Trump on a weekly basis can be enough to send one of these loonies over the edge.
:crazy:

You are responding directly to a post containing this:

"And he stresses that he has maintained his white supremacist ideology for many years, predating President Trump and his 2016 campaign, which he says did not influence his reasons for carrying out the attack."

You are responding to a post that clearly shows the shooter does not like Trump's government.

And THAT is your response? :scowl:

Do you see why I keep calling you a "moron"?

No, of course you don't...

Reefer2 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:05 pm Which president told 4 women to go back yet 3 of them were born in the USA?
You keep pushing this moronic "Trump is racist" narrative only because your masters say he's racist.

I keep asking you why you insist he's a racist and you keep ignoring the question.

This is why I call you a "goosestepping moron".

Meanwhile ~ 8 million people of colour support Donald Trump.

Here's a few of them, listen to their stories, they swear Lord Trump is not a racist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF9pV3mPTQw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej8wGIt7yKE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eyTBX2VJqY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmh2-mhYmy4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrhTYEYnUuQ

Plenty more where that came from.

Reefer2 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:05 pm Over the history of the USA or in modern times has there ever been a president who has divided the country like he has?
America is no more divided today than it was under Obama.

It's just that after Obama won, conservatives accepted their side lost without the emotional acting out.

Unlike the sore-loser "resist, protest, scream" Dems with their rantings and ravings

... and lies.

How divisive are said Dems and their "not my President so let's slander him and not cooperate" mantra?

I did my best to remove politics from the conversation about this tragedy, but 'no' eh Reef? :roll:

Do you know what that means Reef? It means YOU are as "divisive" as it gets...
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

sure, you are just not worth having a discussion about this as you have a closed mind. You cherry pick comments like crazy and you have entirely missed the point some of us are making.

But keep on trucking.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:12 pm sure, you are just not worth having a discussion about this as you have a closed mind. You cherry pick comments like crazy and you have entirely missed the point some of us are making.

But keep on trucking.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep it up and I'll be forced to change your avatar to: Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:45 pm Can we leave politics out of this now and just agree the shooter was a sick twisted bastard?
Sure. :thumbs:
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:55 pm
It's just that after Obama won, conservatives accepted their side lost without the emotional acting out.

Good one, sir! :D
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Reefer2 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:05 pm
You are correct SL, the gunman does not directly say he is doing it because of Trump but as some of us has said here, the rhetoric coining out of Trump on a weekly basis can be enough to send one of these loonies over the edge.
Anything could push a sick creep like this over the edge. Anything.
You'ld have to go back, way back to even begin to figure anything out. Will that help anything? Probably not.
Unfortunate he survived.
There are times I believe in euthanasia. This is one of them. Disease spreads. If there's a cure, why not use it.
Don't let a sicko be a martyr.

My opinions are solely my own and I apologize if they offend anyone.
"evolution"
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:45 pm
Can we leave politics out of this now and just agree the shooter was a sick twisted bastard?
Yes but which one is the sick twisted bastard and which one is the shooter?
“I am simply defending my country from cultural and ethnic replacement brought on by an invasion,”
“The US is ill-prepared for this invasion and will not stand for it. They are causing crime and big problems in Mexico. Go home!”
“They intend to use open borders, free healthcare for illegals, citizenship and more to enact a political coup by importing and then legalizing millions of new voters.”
“Democrats don’t care about Border Security. They refuse to give votes necessary to fix the Loopholes and Asylum. Would be so easy! They want Open Borders, which means CRIME, CRIME, CRIME!”
“the media will probably call me a white supremacist anyway and blame Trump’s rhetoric. The media is infamous for fake news.”
“Fake News has contributed greatly to the anger and rage that has built up over many years,”