CC Random thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Re: CC Random thread

Post by BCExpat »

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:56 am
BCExpat wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:07 pm
5thhorseman wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:31 pm So this morning my dog (puppy) would once on a while lose control of her limbs and just fall over while running or even topple over while standing still. Like once a minute. Very concerning. Some neurological issue? I googled it and nothing looked good. Maybe she nibbled on something poisonous?

I called the vet and booked an appointment. It was for 4:20 on 4/20. Seriously.

I'm awaiting blood/urine test results.
Wow that is odd. What type of dog is it?

I had a lot of issues with Boston Terriers - neither one of the ones we had made it past 7 years old. The first one had alergies so bad, that he broke out into open sores all over his body - we tried everything, but had to put him down. The last one was just fine last summer, and all of a sudden she just went blind (like in a couple of days). Turns out she had cancer and we had to put her down.
Sorry to hear that EP.

She's a Lab X Australian Shepherd. Very cute and loads of energy. Our last dog was an English Lab and he only made it to 9.
Thanks 5th. Let us know what the vet says once you get the tests back. Hopefully it isn't anything too serious.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I hope your hound is okay Horsey. We have a 5 1/2 year old English lab. Best animal I’ve ever had. Pets do so much to enrich our lives. Have the shittiest day and they are so glad to see you when you come home.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

That's interesting Blob. There's a slight chance your English Lab is related to mine, as he was a stud in his younger days before he had to be given up which is how we got him. Good dogs, albeit a little food-obsessed.

My puppy is alright. The symptoms wore off by the end of the day so it was probably something she nibbled on that morning. I just hope it wasn't a discarded part-burnt bowl of ashes which is what I thought the universe was telling me with the appointment time! My wife will have my head if that's the case, and so will Cuz for me not fully incinerating my bowl. I my defense I have not been feeling well since returning from Kenya and it's been hard to pull a lungful of smoke. I should really invest in a bong, I know. I do feel a lot better today, though. Was it covid? I don't know and don't care.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Get a Red Eye glass percolator bong. With those bongs the vaporization of weed and mind is simultaneous
If you need air...call it in
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:25 pm My puppy is alright. The symptoms wore off by the end of the day so it was probably something she nibbled on that morning.
Good news! :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Wow, I didn't know percolator bongs exist till now! Nor that standard bongs are no longer considered good enough for the Cuzzes of the world because you can't get a big enough hit without coughing. Now that's chronic. Man, I just need something I can slip into my jacket pocket and that won't break too easy due to my natural carelessness.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

....smashing foot digits, busting bongs.

Slow down bro....
DeLevering since 1999.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:11 pm Man, I just need something I can slip into my jacket pocket and that won't break too easy due to my natural carelessness.
Just wear a YUGE jacket and you're set

Aren't you in Wetspank? Mary Janes Headquarters is great place to buy glassware
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:09 pm
5thhorseman wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:11 pm Man, I just need something I can slip into my jacket pocket and that won't break too easy due to my natural carelessness.

They have one of those in Rutland too! Drive by it on the way to the rink.

Only the best for Wetspank and Rutland!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Aaronp18 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:15 pm

The Okanagan of the 80s and 90s was waaaaay cooler than that oatmeal coloured monkey hive that it's become now.

Porking Rutland sluts was an Olympic sport at the Kelowna regatta once upon a time
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:39 pm
Aaronp18 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:15 pm

The Okanagan of the 80s and 90s was waaaaay cooler than that oatmeal coloured monkey hive that it's become now.

Porking Rutland sluts was an Olympic sport at the Kelowna regatta once upon a time
Yeah you sure got out at the right time! Imagine buying a place for $50k back then and it being worth $2.5 now.

Couple guys on my hockey team are single, evidently the porking games are just organized by swiping left or right these days.

Also, 5th glad to hear the pooch is ok! Stupid pets become a part of the family real fast. We have a couple and they’re good for the family for sure.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Aaronp18 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:14 pm
Yeah you sure got out at the right time! Imagine buying a place for $50k back then and it being worth $2.5 now.
Blood money! You have to endure years imprisoned in the hive to get out with your blood wad
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:27 pm
Blood money! You have to endure years imprisoned in the hive to get out with your blood wad
Don't you live in AB? :eh:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Aaronp18 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:45 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:27 pm
Don't you live in AB? :eh:
I have my own shooting range and a resident moose

It turns out they eat coffee grounds out of the compost then bound around all fucked up on caffeine
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:49 pm I have my own shooting range and a resident moose

It turns out they eat coffee grounds out of the compost then bound around all fucked up on caffeine
Obviously need more practice on the range!