CC Random thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Strangelove »

So I was watching the 6:00 news on BC Global, which I almost never do anymore.

They did the Snowbird Crash story first and then they moved on to the next one.

Twas a story on local racism because there was an incident on Friday and then another one today.

So they start with the old-news one first.

It's Rumina Daya with the voice-over.

I immediately wrote down what she said.

I wanted to get it right, these were her EXACT words:

"Dakota Holmes was walking her dog in Grey's Park Friday evening when she sneezed.

A man then punched her in the head, mistaking her for being Chinese"

Then they cut to the clip of Dakota Holmes (who is First Nations) telling her tale.

I changed the channel immediately. See, this is why I seldom watch Global...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:36 pm So I was watching the 6:00 news on BC Global, which I almost never do anymore.

They did the Snowbird Crash story first and then they moved on to the next one.

Twas a story on local racism because there was an incident on Friday and then another one today.

So they start with the old-news one first.

It's Rumina Daya with the voice-over.

I immediately wrote down what she said.

I wanted to get it right, these were her EXACT words:

"Dakota Holmes was walking her dog in Grey's Park Friday evening when she sneezed.

A man then punched her in the head, mistaking her for being Chinese"

Then they cut to the clip of Dakota Holmes (who is First Nations) telling her tale.

I changed the channel immediately. See, this is why I seldom watch Global...
People need to get it straight, especially in the challenging times, punches to the face for sneezing Chinese and diphtheria blankets for the aboriginals.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:51 pm People need to get it straight, especially in the challenging times, punches to the face for sneezing Chinese and diphtheria blankets for the aboriginals.
Yes, it was good of Rumina Daya to remind the viewing audience of that

... and also point out that if you sneeze in public, you may be mistaken for being Chinese. :|
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Pretty accurate. The ejection system isn't very good--too much process, it can't be changed. They actually did pretty well. Way too much
downward momentum. There is no doubt in my mind they were trying to eject before the dive.
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:12 pm
Topper wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:51 pm People need to get it straight, especially in the challenging times, punches to the face for sneezing Chinese and diphtheria blankets for the aboriginals.

... and also point out that if you sneeze in public, you may be mistaken for being Chinese. :|
Apparently the puncher did tell the punchee "go back to asia" which would be historically accurate.

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:11 pm

Apparently the puncher did tell the punchee "go back to asia" which would be historically accurate.
:lol:

NA injuns are just chinese long distance campers
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:14 pm

Taiwan could become an Asian Liberia with the Yellow Star Liner sailing from Steveston.

Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:14 pm

I think they’re actually closer to the Ainu in northern Japan.
The Ainu people are assumed to be the descendants of pre-agricultural native populations of northern Japan, while the majority of population of present-day Japan (Hondo-Japanese) is considered to have descended mainly from post-neolithic migrants. Sequence-level polymorphisms of the HLA-class I (HLA-A and HLA-B) genes were investigated in DNA samples of 50 Ainu living in Hidaka district, Hokkaido. HLA-A*2402, A*0201, A*0206, A*2601, A*3101, B*1501, B*5101, B*3901, and B*3501 were observed at frequencies of more than 10% and most of these have previously been found in populations of not only Asians but also North and South American Indians. A*68012, which has not so far been detected in Hondo-Japanese, was found in the Ainu (3%). On the other hand, several alleles common in Hondo-Japanese, including HLA-A*3303, A*1101, B*4403, B*5201, B*5401, B*4601, and B*0702 were infrequent in Ainu (0–1%). Correspondence and neighbor-joining analyses of various populations based on HLA-A, -B and -DRB1 gene frequencies enabled distinction between Asian, Native South American, European, and African populations. The Ainu, as well as Tlingit (Na-Dene), were placed midway between other East Asians, including Hondo Japanese, and Native South Americans (Amerindians) in the correspondence analysis. Furthermore, several HLA-A-B and HLA-B-DR-DQ haplotypes common in the Ainu, are shared with some Native American populations. These observations strongly suggest a unique place for the Ainu as descendants of some Upper Paleolithic populations of East Asia, from whom some Native Americans may have descended.
https://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/ ... 2/art00004
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/uni ... nd-or-wife
The United Nations has put out a tweet asserting that people shouldn’t use politically incorrect terms like “boyfriend,” “girlfriend,” “husband” and “wife” in order to “help create a more equal world.”
:crazy:

____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:23 pm https://www.zerohedge.com/political/uni ... nd-or-wife
The United Nations has put out a tweet asserting that people shouldn’t use politically incorrect terms like “boyfriend,” “girlfriend,” “husband” and “wife” in order to “help create a more equal world.”

Yeah... maiden name and family name aren’t even the same thing.

I also think partner implies a more settled relation than boyfriend/girlfriend.

In my usage, typically boyfriend/girlfriend is someone you’re dating, but you typically live with your partner.
Shrug. Guess usage may differ in different societies though, I guess.

Really stupid tweet. The UN is not in the language business, and should not meddle in this.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Drillers always referred to each other as "partner" and the standard joke has always been that a drillers partner is the guy that goes to town and gets two blow jobs so he can come back to the drill and give his partner one.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

(smile)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 3:10 pm Image

(smile)
Im guessing at least a half dozen fatalities
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:23 pm
That's about the ickiest thing I've ever heard.
"evolution"
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Strangelove wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:23 pm https://www.zerohedge.com/political/uni ... nd-or-wife
Wow - Doc - triggered so easily? Maybe if you read (posted? - since you likely read) the full quote, you might calm down a little. Watch your blood pressure, bud. ;)

https://twitter.com/UN/status/1262322788687323136?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."