It's getting warm

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: It's getting warm

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:28 pm Hey Top - what do you think about the rising water levels and the talk about how certain cities that are on the ocean fronts will be under water in future years? If these cities were built hundreds or thousand years ago do you not believe that if they are flooded that it means the climate changed?

Reading some of your posts and the job I assume you do, you have some experience in this area?

This is not a negative question or questioning your thoughts/comments, just want to hear your opinion.
FFS how many times has this guy been directly told the answer to that question!!!
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:05 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:28 pm Hey Top - what do you think about the rising water levels and the talk about how certain cities that are on the ocean fronts will be under water in future years? If these cities were built hundreds or thousand years ago do you not believe that if they are flooded that it means the climate changed?

Reading some of your posts and the job I assume you do, you have some experience in this area?

This is not a negative question or questioning your thoughts/comments, just want to hear your opinion.
FFS how many times has this guy been directly told the answer to that question!!!
Seriously - why can you not just for once, fuck off and shut up. Is your name Topper, do you always have to put your nose into something that was not directed to you. Do you feel compelled to be "something" at CC.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:13 pm Seriously - why can you not just for once, fuck off and shut up. Is your name Topper, do you always have to put your nose into something that was not directed to you. Do you feel compelled to be "something" at CC.
Topper answered your question the first couple of times.

If I recall correctly, Ratski answered it the last time.

I feel "compelled" to expose your issues for your good and the good of CanucksCorner.

You're welcome. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:23 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:13 pm Seriously - why can you not just for once, fuck off and shut up. Is your name Topper, do you always have to put your nose into something that was not directed to you. Do you feel compelled to be "something" at CC.

I feel "compelled" to expose your issues for your good and the good of CanucksCorner.

Sure and thank you for the civilized answer, was that hard to do?

I will review his previous responses and see if it answers my question.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:52 pm

You're welcome and good luck dealing with said issues! :thumbs:

Hopefully you can get those demons exorcised forthwith and tout suite...
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:58 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:52 pm

You're welcome and good luck dealing with said issues! :thumbs:

Hopefully you can get those demons exorcised forthwith and tout suite...
Right back at ya big guy.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:06 pm Right back at ya big guy.
First he thanks me for the "civilized answer about his issues"... then he gets all pissy. :scowl:

Can't you see how repeating the same fundamental question after it has already been answered for you 3 times

... makes for a shitty conversation?

Seriously, if you won't see an exorcist would you at least get a demon with a better memory?

(or better yet stay the fuck out of the conversation?) Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:27 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:06 pm Right back at ya big guy.
First he thanks me for the "civilized answer about his issues"... then he gets all pissy. :scowl:

Can't you see how repeating the same fundamental question after it has already been answered for you 3 times

... makes for a shitty conversation?

Seriously, if you won't see an exorcist would you at least get a demon with a better memory?

(or better yet stay the fuck out of the conversation?) Image
Sure
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Reef, a 100 years and 1000 years are less than a blink of an eye. The Arctic ice cap began forming about 2.58 million years ago and glaciers began retreating roughly 11,500 years ago.

Look at BC this past week, many centres set record cold temperatures, but the previous lows were most often a century ago and the new records are commonly less than 1C colder than the previous record low. There are laughably plenty of stories attributing these new lows to climate change.

To those folks and to you....

Fuck Off
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Lol, I asked you a simple question and you go all Greta on me. I did not say I believe it, I said a city that was not flooded today or a thousand years ago may be flooded in future years and scientists say it is due to global warming. Strange in his way said you answered this before but since he did not provide links, which normally never happens I will find it myself.

For the record I do not think we have hit some silly point where the earth is doomed in 20ish years unless we make changes today. There is no scientific proof behind that. Now I would ask you what you think about that but then either a) Strange does what he does best or b) you don’t answer but instead revert to doing what you do best.

So I will end this with my normal comment before anyone responds with.....

Sure
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Fuck the Liberal's proposed carbon tax mega increase. Is that warm enough?
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

wooooooosh

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Apparently we are going to fish the oceans down to nothing..... so there’s that.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:57 am Apparently we are going to fish the oceans down to nothing..... so there’s that.
so there will be more room for water

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:19 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:57 am Apparently we are going to fish the oceans down to nothing..... so there’s that.
so there will be more room for water
Or waterheads
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”