It's getting warm

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: It's getting warm

Post by ODB »

Per wrote:
ODB wrote: - I heat my pool all summer to a ball bag sagging 90 degrees
:shock:

Pardon me, sir, but isn't Canada using Celsius? :hmmm:
Last I checked the USA, the Cayman Islands and Belize were the only countries that still have not switched.

Are you slow boiling eggs in your pool?

I find 90º the perfect temperature for a sauna, but would not like to set foot in a pool that hot. :crazy:
It's really weird but we use a quasi-hybrid-system???

Canada uses the Metric System for sure. Outdoor temperature is Celsius. Our car speeds are measured in kilometers an hour and we measure distance between Saskatoon and Vancouver in kilometers. We are Metric yet we still use the Imperial measurement system for many things. Hot tub and pool temperatures are always measured in Fahrenheit. I don’t know why? My pool is three feet deep in the shallow end and nine feet deep in the deep end??? The same thing can be said about anything to do with construction. If you’re doing construction in Canada it’s done in feet and inches. A two by four is two by four!

At times it can be really confusing. We get so many millimeters of rain and centimeters of snow. But that fucks most of us up because we always measure in inches. So instead of saying we’re going to get three inches of snow today (which every knows how much three inches is) they say we’re going to get 7.62cm of snow and everyone goes huh?

But hey, 15.25cm sounds much bigger than 6 inches if you know what I mean. :wink:

We live in crazy times Per...This is why we gotta work together to boil the oceans. Put an end to this madness!

Grabs his huge 15.25cm'er and nods his head... oh ya!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Per wrote:
Sick Bunny wrote: Oh well, now that he's had the snip it doesn't really matter.
Actually, slow-cooking your balls at 90º would probably work as an alternative to having the snip. :?

Would also work as an alternative to shaving them, I guess.
Ok, why are two dudes are discussing my balls? Image
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

ODB wrote:
Per wrote:
Sick Bunny wrote: Oh well, now that he's had the snip it doesn't really matter.
Actually, slow-cooking your balls at 90º would probably work as an alternative to having the snip. :?

Would also work as an alternative to shaving them, I guess.
Ok, why are two dudes are discussing my balls? Image
Because you said you like to immerse them in near boiling water, that's why:
ODB wrote:- I heat my pool all summer to a ball bag sagging 90 degrees
To me scalding your balls just sounds too painful to ever contemplate. :oops:
Last edited by Per on Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Sick Bunny
CC Veteran

Post by Sick Bunny »

ODB wrote:Ok, why are two dudes are discussing my balls? Image
Hey, you brought up the subject... on an all-dude forum, effectively... so yeah, why? Image
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Alright, whatever helps you sleep. I also apparently made the mistake of bringing up my 15.25cm penis. Should I expect you two to jump on it also? :wow:

At least now I know where you two stand. If it's brought up, you'll discuss, in detail! :crazy:
Sick Bunny
CC Veteran

Post by Sick Bunny »

ODB wrote:Alright, whatever helps you sleep. I also apparently made the mistake of bringing up my 15.25cm penis. Should I expect you two to jump on it also? :wow:

At least now I know where you two stand. If it's brought up, you'll discuss, in detail! :crazy:
Your statistically average penis, in and of itself, is utterly unremarkable. As is the fact that you can still bring it up. I'll leave Mrs Ohdee to jump on it.

If, on the other hand, you were to brag about dipping it into boiling oil... or Mother Theresa... then yeah, it might provoke a discussion.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

It's playoff time and you guys are sucking each others nuts?!!!!!!!! :look:

We are ALL Canfucks!!!!! :devil:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

The more I think of it the more i realize we be fucked up?!?! When the kid is sick he has a temperature of 102?

Just the way it is I guess... :eh:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

90C, blood proteins have already begun to coagulate.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

ODB wrote:Alright, whatever helps you sleep. I also apparently made the mistake of bringing up my 15.25cm penis. Should I expect you two to jump on it also? :wow:

Says the man who posts his penis size in a thread on global warming... :roll:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Sick Bunny
CC Veteran

Post by Sick Bunny »

Per wrote:Says the man who posts his penis size in a thread on global warming... :roll:
Always had a problem with his units, that boy. *cough* coffee can *cough*
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote:
Strangelove wrote: You see all along I've been ranting about how the media/popular-culture tends to exaggerate the "scientific consensus".

To wit:

There is no "scientific consensus" that the Earth is headed for runaway global warming in the next 100 years.
:shock:
97–98% of the most published climate researchers say humans are causing global warming. In another study 97.4% of publishing climatologists and just under 90% of earth scientists, broadly construed, say that significant man made global warming is occurring. Of those who didn't, most were unsure.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific ... ate_change

I can't even fathom how you missed the word "runaway" there.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runaway_climate_change

The scientific consensus in the IPCC Fourth Assessment Report is that "Anthropogenic warming could lead to some effects that are abrupt or irreversible, depending upon the rate and magnitude of the climate change." Note however that this statement is about situations weaker than "runaway change".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runaway_greenhouse_effect

On the Earth, the IPCC states that a “runaway greenhouse effect” appears to have virtually no chance of being induced by anthropogenic [human] activities.
Judging by the rest of your post and your quotes from Wikipedia, you are acting as though I was claiming Global warming is not happening and/or there is zero anthropogenic effect on the climate.

Nice strawman. :scowl:

CLEARLY i have merely claimed there is no scientific consensus on the degree of said warming.

A few time I used the word "catastrophe", as in we are NOT headed for one.

CLEARLY i have been ranting about how the media/popular-culture is overblowing the situation.

You are obviously not part of the solution Per.

Just the opposite I'm afraid. :evil:

There is no scientific consensus as to the effect this trend of warming will lead to:
http://journalistsresource.org/studies/ ... te-change/

A 2011 paper from George Mason University published in the International Journal of Public Opinion Research, “The Structure of Scientific Opinion on Climate Change,” collected the opinions of scientists in the earth, space, atmospheric, oceanic or hydrological sciences.

The study’s key findings include:

• “There was greater debate over the likelihood of substantial warming in the near future, with 56% seeing at least a 50–50 chance that temperatures will rise” 2 degrees Celsius over the next 50–100 years.

• “When [survey participants were] asked to rate the effects on a ten-point scale from trivial (1) to catastrophic (10), the mean response was 6.6, with 41% seeing great danger (ratings of 8–10), 44% moderate danger (4–7), and 13% little danger.”
The media tends to present a more catastrophic future.

Which is perhaps why the scientists don't trust them:

Climate scientists are skeptical of the media

Only 1% of climate scientists rate either broadcast or cable television news about climate change as “very reliable.” Another 31% say broadcast news is “somewhat reliable,” compared to 25% for cable news. (The remainder rate TV news as “not very” or “not at all” reliable.) Local newspapers are rated as very reliable by 3% and somewhat reliable by 33% of scientists. Even the national press (New York Times, Wall St. Journal etc) is rated as very reliable by only 11%, although another 56% say it is at least somewhat reliable.

No more than 1% of climate experts rate the doomsday movie “The Day After Tomorrow” or Michael Crichton’s novel “State of Fear” as very reliable.

http://stats.org/stories/2008/global_wa ... 23_08.html
Another enlightening quote from that link:
Scientists still debate the dangers

A slight majority (54%) believe the warming measured over the last 100 years is not “within the range of natural temperature fluctuation.”
So yeah, fucking fearmongerers can go to hell! Image

(hey I hear it feels like runaway global warming down there). :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Sick Bunny wrote: Per's just covered the whole consensus thing above, and it would be difficult to improve on his explanation.
Like omg could one possibly suck any more than you do right now. :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Sick Bunny
CC Veteran

Post by Sick Bunny »

Strangelove wrote:Like omg could one possibly suck any more than you do right now. :lol:
Dunno, the real question is, can you possibly get any more childish? :thumbs:

Don't worry, Ohdee will be coming in to reassure you you've won any minute now.