It's getting warm

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: It's getting warm

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:33 pm I just checked the archives and I see I got into "Cook et al" with UK :wow: once upon a time:

viewtopic.php?p=263758#p263758
Patience curly, I’m still working on toppers response between classes.

Btw have you ever noticed that these “debates” you have with others on here and elsewhere on the corner always involve you using violent terms and aggressive language and personal insults, yet the posters who engage with you ,presumably for entertainment purposes, usually stick to the debate without all the hyperbole?

Curious that
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

It's all in your mind UKcanuck, it's all in your mind...
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:37 am It's all in your mind UKcanuck, it's all in your mind...
Nope, once upon a time it was pleasant discussing politics religion science conspiracy theories.

Way back in the central days we talked about the moon landings. Although in the end we did not share the same opinions. I remember it being cordial but over the years not so much anymore and not just with me either.

It’s seems maybe the acrimony that has become evident on social media is seeping in here.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

You need to ask yourself UK, is it possible at least some of the problem is on your end?

Is it possible the Great Strangelove responds to different people differently?

Is it possible I respond to YOU in ways YOU see as "aggressive"

... when really I'm just taking a firm stand against your 'evolving' belief system?

I mean, over time you seem to have become obsessed with the following ideologies:

- "the Jews are evil, dangerous, and conspiring to control the world... they must be stopped."

- "anyone who doesn't accept today's Progressivism and gaily goosestep along is evil and must be opposed at every turn."

Is it possible I respond to you in the manner I do... because you have become something of a fanatic?

By the by, if you re-read YOUR recent posts (objectively) you might note a similar degree of "aggressiveness".

So in summary then:

ME: :D

YOU: :twisted:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Scotland setting a great example for all of us! 8-)

https://reneweconomy.com.au/scotland-to ... mit-60854/
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

What's the difference between Mick Jagger... and a Scottish shepherd?

One says, "Hey you, get off of my cloud!"... the other says, "Hey McCloud, get off of my ewe!"
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

......................................................................................................................................Ouch
STOP THESE THINGS
https://stopthesethings.com/2020/01/11/ ... slaughter/

"evolution"
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:10 am You need to ask yourself UK, is it possible at least some of the problem is on your end?

... when really I'm just taking a firm stand against your 'evolving' belief system?

I mean, over time you seem to have become obsessed with the following ideologies:

- "the Jews are evil, dangerous, and conspiring to control the world... they must be stopped."

- "anyone who doesn't accept today's Progressivism and gaily goosestep along is evil and must be opposed at every turn."

Is it possible I respond to you in the manner I do... because you have become something of a fanatic?

By the by, if you re-read YOUR recent posts (objectively) you might note a similar degree of "aggressiveness".

So in summary then:

I have to agree it’s easy to get caught up in your belittling argumentative style and I don’t want to get caught up in it anymore. I am going to work on it and try to become more Per like.

So here goes,

Let me correct you about antisemitism.

Unfairly Labeling any criticism of Israel as anti Semitic is the nuclear option when one can’t win on the merits of their arguments.

Palestinians live under intolerable conditions.
As far as I can remember, I think you have never actually answered the charges that government of Israel has been criticized for:
-issues regarding Israeli settlements in the Palestinian territories.
-its treatment of Palestinian Arabs.
-the conduct of Israeli Defense Forces during conflicts
- the blockade of the Gaza Strip, with its impact on the economy of the Palestinian territories.
-the refusal to allow post-war Palestinian refugees to return to their homes.
-the prolonged occupation of territories gained in war and the construction of settlements therein.

Israel's status as a representative democracy has also been questioned because Israeli residents of the occupied territories are allowed to vote in Israel's elections while Palestinian residents are not.

The list goes on and on but you get the point.

And maybe finally the international community is beginning to get the point as well:

Recently, the International Criminal Court's chief prosecutor believes there is enough evidence to launch an investigation into whether Israel committed war crimes in the West Bank, east Jerusalem and the Gaza Strip.

Fatou Bensouda's decision came after more than four years of investigation following a Palestinian request into Israel's conduct.

"In brief I am satisfied that 1: war crimes have been or are being committed in the West Bank, east Jerusalem and the Gaza Strip; 2: that potential cases arising from this situation would be admissible; and 3: that there are no substantial reasons to believe that such an investigation would not serve the interests of justice.”

I note with some interest that you use a similar defense strategy with the use of “goose stepping progressivism” and ”trump derangement syndrome” or the ever popular and classic “commie“ And let’s not forget the latest climate change alarmist.

All characterizations And labels designed to short circuit the argument.

The trouble with labels is that it is the slippery slope into personal attacks and those are the ones it seems are becoming the norm.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

That wind turbines are massive bird killers has already been debunked by several studies

http://theconversation.com/wind-farms-a ... -why-79567

Turns out Cats both feral domestic are far and away champion bird killers.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

:lol: Not in my personal domain. There are virtually no cat risks and very much no squirrels, for very long.
Three window that open silently. Three pro pellet guns. Haven't even got a complaint about the recycling bin contents. :devil:
The birdies flourish...

Carry on though..

"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:16 am
Strangelove wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:10 am You need to ask yourself UK, is it possible at least some of the problem is on your end?

So in summary then:

Let me correct you about antisemitism.

Unfairly Labeling any criticism of Israel as anti Semitic is the nuclear option when one can’t win on the merits of their arguments.
Sure, except in this case we were talking about YOU (a known antisemite)...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism ... government

"Criticism of the Israeli government At one end of the spectrum are attempts to delegitimize Israel's right to exist. This has led to an ongoing debate regarding at what point criticism of Israel crosses the line to antisemitism."

... (more on that at the end of this post) UK, YOU are on record as believing in a massive Jewish conspiracy:

viewtopic.php?p=349691#p349691
ukcanuck wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:56 pm I’m saying that Americans blindly support Israel because America is a Christian Zionist nation and it suits America’s world views so it’s only natural that American media which is more or less owned by Jewish Americans, would perpetuate that narrative.
viewtopic.php?p=214306#p214306
ukcanuck wrote: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:04 pm The New York Times is wholly owned by a Jewish family who are clearly apart of the established jewish dominated media community in North America.
viewtopic.php?p=214218#p214218
ukcanuck wrote: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:12 pm Jewish owned newspapers and clearly biased voices ...

I'm not convinced by the new fucking York times not the Washington post anymore than the garbage in our own spin factory national rags

YOU also have hinted that the Holocaust never happened:

viewtopic.php?p=174291#p174291
ukcanuck wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:26 pm Good point, but you're then asking a lot of the education system. Imagine the budget increases required to teach them that the holocaust actually...

:shock:
viewtopic.php?p=264562#p264562
ukcanuck wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:37 am In popular culture, "Nazi or Hitler" means an extreme right wing, evil prick that gassed 6 million innocent Jews...

oops! did I just admit the holocaust actually happened? Praise the lord and pass the butter think I have been converted!
:wow: :wow: :wow:

Then there was more of YOU talking about how these imaginary evils of Israel/Jews are hidden to the west by those same Jews:

viewtopic.php?p=264209#p264209
ukcanuck wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:03 am It doesn't take rocket science to suggest that the people on the list below (Jews In The American Media) would have ethnic, political, cultural and religious reasons to be supportive of the state of Israel...

Is it some huge conspiracy? I don't know but it does sound very human.

However,

You cannot have it both ways either the people on this list have the power to manipulate the media or they do not.

***ludicrously lists 87 Jews in the American media as supposed evidence of a Jewish conspiracy***
So yeah, I wasn't talking about just "any criticism of Israel"... I was talking about YOU.

(nice try though) :lol:

Seriously, you expect me to treat a nutjob like YOU the same way I treat Per/others? :lol:

ukcanuck wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:16 am Palestinians live under intolerable conditions.
As far as I can remember, I think you have never actually answered the charges that government of Israel has been criticized for:
I'm not surprised you blotted out from your memory the thread in which I destroyed you on these matters:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10442 (maybe we should jump back there rather than further derail here)

(in that thread I prove that your false criticism of Israel crosses the line to antisemitism)

Listen bro, if you want to be treated with respect, try (I know it's hard) to resist discussing subjects that reveal your fanaticism.
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

ukcanuck wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:03 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:30 pm BUMP

viewtopic.php?p=370393#p370393

(from the Getting Warmer thread, we were way off topic there)
From that whole miscarriage of justice of a post.
This sticks out as how far over your head my point was
Seriously, you expect me to treat a nutjob like YOU the same way I treat Per/others? :lol:
Try to rise up past your own arrogance for just one moment and understand. I am not complaining how YOU treat ME. I am point out how YOU treat EVERYBODY who doesn’t agree with you.

And heaven forbid someone should actually shnow you up in public- holy shit hell hath no fury like your scorn.

You should ask yourself why this place stagnates with only the same few posters.
And you STILL haven’t dealt with a single point of argument other than to throw around labels

Like you do with climate change

Like you do with american politics and trump

Like you do with everyone.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:11 pm Like you do with everyone.
Nah, just the terrorists.

And I'll have you know I hate "throwing labels around"! :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:17 pm
ukcanuck wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:11 pm Like you do with everyone.
Nah, just the terrorists.

And I'll have you know I hate "throwing labels around"! :mrgreen:
Oh the irony ...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

UK, you need to try and see the humour in things my man! 8-)
____
Try to focus on someday.