It's getting warm

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: It's getting warm

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:28 amwooooooosh
What ever Greta
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

HOW DARE YOU!
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:56 amHOW DARE YOU!
:drink:

It’s not that bad, she may win a Nobel or similar so actually this is a compliment.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

^ whoosh again :roll:
Strangelove wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:23 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:13 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:05 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:28 pm Hey Top - what do you think about the rising water levels and the talk about how certain cities that are on the ocean fronts will be under water in future years? If these cities were built hundreds or thousand years ago do you not believe that if they are flooded that it means the climate changed?

Reading some of your posts and the job I assume you do, you have some experience in this area?

This is not a negative question or questioning your thoughts/comments, just want to hear your opinion.
FFS how many times has this guy been directly told the answer to that question!!!
Seriously - why can you not just for once, fuck off and shut up. Is your name Topper, do you always have to put your nose into something that was not directed to you. Do you feel compelled to be "something" at CC.
Topper answered your question the first couple of times.

If I recall correctly, Ratski answered it the last time.

I feel "compelled" to expose your issues for your good and the good of CanucksCorner.
Yup, it was Ratski who answered it last time:
rats19 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:36 am
Reefer2 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:26 am
5thhorseman wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:50 am
Topper wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:19 am
5thhorseman wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:35 pm
Topper wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:40 pm Climate change has been ongoing for over 4.6 billion years. The catastrophic events in earths history are due to geologic and or cosmic events. Species have come and gone. Mass extinctions have occurred. Earth kept rolling along as did life on Earth. To think our insignificant species can have a lasting effect is to be on the arrogant side of the debate.
Straw man. No-one is trying to make a lasting effect in terms of millenia. For the most part people are thinking of the immediate future, i.e. their kids and grandkids.
Princely the shortsighted arrogant belief that natural processes can be reversed in order to perpetuate a species in stasis.
The nice thing about natural processes is that they are very slow, giving mankind time to adapt. It's an acceleration of the change that we want to avoid.
Agreed 5, I even agree with Topper on some points but to blatantly say there is no climate change is the arrogant part. I guess it makes some people happy and they can go to bed at night.
Nobody is saying the climate isn’t changing... nobody!!!!

It’s WHY and how much is the debate....whoosher
:mex:
Now Reef, would you kindly... FUCK OFF!!!
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:00 pm ^ whoosh again :roll:
Strangelove wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:23 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:13 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:05 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:28 pm Hey Top - what do you think about the rising water levels and the talk about how certain cities that are on the ocean fronts will be under water in future years? If these cities were built hundreds or thousand years ago do you not believe that if they are flooded that it means the climate changed?

Reading some of your posts and the job I assume you do, you have some experience in this area?

This is not a negative question or questioning your thoughts/comments, just want to hear your opinion.
FFS how many times has this guy been directly told the answer to that question!!!
Seriously - why can you not just for once, fuck off and shut up. Is your name Topper, do you always have to put your nose into something that was not directed to you. Do you feel compelled to be "something" at CC.
Topper answered your question the first couple of times.

If I recall correctly, Ratski answered it the last time.

I feel "compelled" to expose your issues for your good and the good of CanucksCorner.
Yup, it was Ratski who answered it last time:
rats19 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:36 am
Reefer2 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:26 am
5thhorseman wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:50 am
Topper wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:19 am
5thhorseman wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:35 pm
Topper wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:40 pm Climate change has been ongoing for over 4.6 billion years. The catastrophic events in earths history are due to geologic and or cosmic events. Species have come and gone. Mass extinctions have occurred. Earth kept rolling along as did life on Earth. To think our insignificant species can have a lasting effect is to be on the arrogant side of the debate.
Straw man. No-one is trying to make a lasting effect in terms of millenia. For the most part people are thinking of the immediate future, i.e. their kids and grandkids.
Princely the shortsighted arrogant belief that natural processes can be reversed in order to perpetuate a species in stasis.
The nice thing about natural processes is that they are very slow, giving mankind time to adapt. It's an acceleration of the change that we want to avoid.
Agreed 5, I even agree with Topper on some points but to blatantly say there is no climate change is the arrogant part. I guess it makes some people happy and they can go to bed at night.
Nobody is saying the climate isn’t changing... nobody!!!!

It’s WHY and how much is the debate....whoosher
:mex:
Now Reef, would you kindly... FUCK OFF!!!
Sure on one condition - you do the same.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:24 pm Sure on one condition - you do the same.
Hey, I'm not the one who asks the same question over and over and over and over... Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:27 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:24 pm Sure on one condition - you do the same.
Hey, I'm not the one who asks the same question over and over and over and over... Image
Sure - yet we all know who and what you are.

:thumbs:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:29 pm Sure - yet we all know who and what you are.

Right, I'm an asshole and you're a moron, moving on...
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:31 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:29 pm Sure - yet we all know who and what you are.

Right, I'm an asshole and you're a moron, moving on...
Oh you are way more than that, but I agree lets move it on. we have wasted enough time on this.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

No no...keep it going :D
If you need air...call it in
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I got this one... 8-)
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Reefer2 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:15 am
:drink:

It’s not that bad, she may win a Nobel or similar so actually this is a compliment.
Topper wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:53 am Climate fearmongers are burning their Bob Marley records.

Rastfari
viewtopic.php?p=357429#p357429

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/how ... eace-prize
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Reduced to a string of stagnant mustard-colored pools, fouled in places with pesticide runoff and stinking with the rotting carcasses of cattle and fish, the Darling River is running dry.

The parched earth of Australia’s longest waterway, if tributaries are included, is in the grip of the continent’s most severe drought in a century.
Drought is weighing on economic growth, and the dire conditions have prompted Australia, a major wheat exporter, to import the grain for the first time in 12 years.

Last summer was the hottest on record, and in Menindee, where temperatures regularly top 38 Celsius (100 Fahrenheit), another scorching season is expected.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-aust ... SKBN1X22TT
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

You only have til the 31st to watch it before they pull it.

I highly recommend reading anything this woman writes right now. (or watch this)

If you need air...call it in
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:04 am You only have til the 31st to watch it before they pull it.

I highly recommend reading anything this woman writes right now. (or watch this)

Good watch - well worth the time.

Does show the sophistication of some companies to influence another country, just like in the 50's/60's with the Arrow jet and China now.

JT does not have the kahunas to fight this.