Topper's Grilling Advice!

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Topper's Grilling Advice!

Post by Topper »

I don't have a truing stone.

I have something like A and rarely use the 4000.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/Wood/page.a ... 67177&ap=1
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

I understand you use the truing stone when your whetstone inevitably develops a concave surface over time. How do you avoid that?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

If everyone in the world became vegans we would see an end to global warming. Agricultural farming of animals for human food consumption is a leading cause of global warming. Grilling would then cease to exist therefore making this thread irrelevant
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

RoyalDude wrote:If everyone in the world became vegans we would see an end to global warming. Agricultural farming of animals for human food consumption is a leading cause of global warming. Grilling would then cease to exist therefore making this thread irrelevant
LOL - so you like to see the world turn vegan - not to end the suffering of animals... or to help the planet... but just to see this thread die? :D

You know, Topper probably grills vegetables, too... right?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Cows are vegans and they contribute significantly to the problem....and their shit fertilizes all those veggies.

I think that by eating more meat I'm working hard to help the planet. Steaks for climate change
http://www.ibtimes.com/cow-farts-have-l ... ge-1487502

Btw the real problem is and always has been overpopulation. If we really care about the planet we need find a way to get rid of a significant number of all these fucking people, either through population control, genocide, whatever.

Recycling, greenhouse gas reduction....blah blah blah. Delete the people and save the planet. Until this becomes the focus we're fucked. The planet will recover but the human race will eventually eat and shit its way into extinction
If you need air...call it in
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Is life worth living without bacon and sausages?
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

or steak for that matter? And cheese. A vegan diet would be like house arrest.

Mind you, I can't really afford meat anymore since Shaw bought Wind.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Btw the real problem is and always has been overpopulation. If we really care about the planet we need find a way to get rid of a significant number of all these fucking people, either through population control, genocide, whatever.
Are you talking about grilling... people?? :shock:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote: Btw the real problem is and always has been overpopulation. If we really care about the planet we need find a way to get rid of a significant number of all these fucking people, either through population control, genocide, whatever.
A Modest Proposal

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
A Modest Proposal
You got any good recipes for that?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

According to my great great.....great grandfather, "I have been assured by a very knowing American of my acquaintance in London, that a young healthy Child well Nursed is at a year Old, a most delicious, nourishing, and wholesome Food, whether Stewed, Roasted, Baked, or Boyled, and I make no doubt that it will equally serve in a Fricasie, or Ragoust"

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Topps I'm trying out those wings this weekend, minus the mirin. I'll let you know.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Add extra rice wine vinegar and a bit of sugar (not too much or your caramelize burn the shit out of them.

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

K
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

I'm addicted to olives, it's pretty weird. I used to hate them and now I'm trying to speedball them in a syringe.

Anyone got any knowledge of the best olives and the best ways to stuff'em? Cost is not really a concern.