Concave Hollow Earth Hypothesis

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Concave Hollow Earth Hypothesis

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote: There ARE geologists with the gonads to think for themselves.
Aaronp18 wrote: Kind of like me and my hybrid theory!

:D

But I'm sure as hell no geologist.

And I'm sure if i tried hard enough I could find an online psychiatrist to consider me perfectly sane as well.

:whistle:
Well Aaron, there's having the gonads to think for oneself.

And there's thinking with one's gonads. :mrgreen:

However for wot it's worth, I hereby declare you 100% sane.

Now get out there and slap a geologist!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Strangelove wrote:

Well we are men so it's really only natural to think with ones gonads.

And that goes for geologists as well, how do you think some guy came up with the idea for subduction zones ....err I mean the expanding earth - to get the hot geologist chick into bed!

Speaking of slapping a geologist where is Topper anyways?
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

Well we are men so it's really only natural to think with ones gonads.

And that goes for geologists as well, how do you think some guy came up with the idea for subduction zones ....err I mean the expanding earth - to get the hot geologist chick into bed!

Speaking of slapping a geologist where is Topper anyways?
LavaQueens™ are HOT!

...just wear protection :eh:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Arachnid wrote: LavaQueens™ are HOT!
Kinda sounds like a Vegas show :o
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BUMP
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I wonder if spidey still comes by to lurk now and then...and if he does, what does he think.
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:56 am I wonder if spidey still comes by to lurk now and then...and if he does, what does he think.
I think he's too busy managing his neighbourhood.

Danny, I would love for you to read the OP when you have a good buzz going and share your thoughts. :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:37 pm If you're like me, you've been thinking a lot about the Concave Hollow Earth Hypothesis. I dare say the prospect of this hypothesis being indeed fact has turned my whole world entirely upside-down.... Did you know that this hypothesis is empirically irrefutable! :shock:

For those of you who are, for some reason, unfamiliar with the theory check this out:

Wikipedia:
Instead of saying that humans live on the outside surface of a hollow planet, sometimes called a "convex" hollow-Earth hypothesis, some have claimed that our universe itself lies in the interior of a hollow world, calling this a "concave" hollow-Earth hypothesis. The surface of the Earth, according to such a view, might resemble the interior shell of a sphere.

Purportedly verifiable hypotheses of a "concave hollow Earth" need to be distinguished from a thought experiment which defines a coordinate transformation such that the interior of the Earth becomes "exterior" and the exterior becomes "interior". (For example, in spherical coordinates, let radius r go to R²/r where R is the Earth's radius.) The transformation entails corresponding changes to the forms of physical laws. This is not a hypothesis but an illustration of the fact that any description of the physical world can be equivalently expressed in more than one way.[6]

Cyrus Teed, a doctor from upstate New York, proposed such a concave hollow Earth in 1869, calling his scheme "Cellular Cosmogony". Teed founded a group called the Koreshan Unity based on this notion, which he called Koreshanity. The main colony survives as a preserved Florida state historic site, at Estero, Florida, but all of Teed's followers have now died. Teed's followers claimed to have experimentally verified the concavity of the Earth's curvature, through surveys of the Florida coastline making use of "rectilineator" equipment.

Several twentieth-century German writers, including Peter Bender, Johannes Lang, Karl Neupert, and Fritz Braun, published works advocating the hollow Earth hypothesis, or Hohlweltlehre. It has even been reported, although apparently without historical documentation, that Adolf Hitler was influenced by concave hollow-Earth ideas and sent an expedition in an, obviously unsuccessful, attempt to spy on the British fleet by pointing infrared cameras up at the sky[7] (Wagner, 1999).[8]

The Egyptian mathematician Mostafa Abdelkader wrote several scholarly papers working out a detailed mapping of the concave Earth model.[9][10]

In one chapter of his book On the Wild Side (1992), Martin Gardner discusses the hollow Earth model articulated by Abdelkader. According to Gardner, this hypothesis posits that light rays travel in circular paths, and slow as they approach the center of the spherical star-filled cavern. No energy can reach the center of the cavern, which corresponds to no point a finite distance away from Earth in the widely accepted scientific cosmology. A drill, Gardner says, would lengthen as it traveled away from the cavern and eventually pass through the "point at infinity" corresponding to the center of the Earth in the widely accepted scientific cosmology. Supposedly no experiment can distinguish between the two cosmologies.

Gardner notes that "most mathematicians believe that an inside-out universe, with properly adjusted physical laws, is empirically irrefutable ".
SO fricken awesome!

I can't help but wonder though how seismological readings are explained in conjunction with such a hypothesis!

ANYONE??
That is some fucked up shit Doc holy FUCK!!!

Koreshanity, Hitler...christ.

Ya i gotta say Doc...thats about as fucked up a concept as it gets.

What about astronauts and images of earth?

Or this juicy little nugget lol-with properly adjusted physical laws

Youre right though seismology would refute it instantly. They measure the vibrations from the other side of the world.

Ya it makes for a wild conversation but what a bunch of hooey
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Since I posted this, answers have been provided for the seismology question.

And from the get-go there have been answers for the astronaut pictures thingy.

Those have to do with distance exponentially increasing and curvature of light...

Dan, this hypothesis is "empirically irrefutable"... which means it CANNOT be disproved with math/physics/etc.

"Empirically irrefutable" means NOTHING can disprove this theory, that's the beauty of it! :thumbs:

Don't be afraid Danny of something completely different.

And hey, I asked you you to try it on whilst high good buddy...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Lol ok you did say that i suppose...

Started my new job in the horse today and cant be all fucked up just quite yet. Ill revisit once i chemically clarify my perspective
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:11 pm Lol ok you did say that i suppose...

Started my new job in the horse today and cant be all fucked up just quite yet. Ill revisit once i chemically clarify my perspective
Okay pal, I'm nothing if not patient. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Oh and after that, watch this for a few hours...

https://zoomquilt.org/
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

:lol:

That is wicked as fuck.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

explain gravity in a convex hollow earth
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:19 pm explain gravity in a convex hollow earth
Did you mean concave?
____
Try to focus on someday.