Concave Hollow Earth Hypothesis

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Concave Hollow Earth Hypothesis

Post by Strangelove »

If you're like me, you've been thinking a lot about the Concave Hollow Earth Hypothesis. I dare say the prospect of this hypothesis being indeed fact has turned my whole world entirely upside-down.... Did you know that this hypothesis is empirically irrefutable! :shock:

For those of you who are, for some reason, unfamiliar with the theory check this out:

Wikipedia:
Instead of saying that humans live on the outside surface of a hollow planet, sometimes called a "convex" hollow-Earth hypothesis, some have claimed that our universe itself lies in the interior of a hollow world, calling this a "concave" hollow-Earth hypothesis. The surface of the Earth, according to such a view, might resemble the interior shell of a sphere.

Purportedly verifiable hypotheses of a "concave hollow Earth" need to be distinguished from a thought experiment which defines a coordinate transformation such that the interior of the Earth becomes "exterior" and the exterior becomes "interior". (For example, in spherical coordinates, let radius r go to R²/r where R is the Earth's radius.) The transformation entails corresponding changes to the forms of physical laws. This is not a hypothesis but an illustration of the fact that any description of the physical world can be equivalently expressed in more than one way.[6]

Cyrus Teed, a doctor from upstate New York, proposed such a concave hollow Earth in 1869, calling his scheme "Cellular Cosmogony". Teed founded a group called the Koreshan Unity based on this notion, which he called Koreshanity. The main colony survives as a preserved Florida state historic site, at Estero, Florida, but all of Teed's followers have now died. Teed's followers claimed to have experimentally verified the concavity of the Earth's curvature, through surveys of the Florida coastline making use of "rectilineator" equipment.

Several twentieth-century German writers, including Peter Bender, Johannes Lang, Karl Neupert, and Fritz Braun, published works advocating the hollow Earth hypothesis, or Hohlweltlehre. It has even been reported, although apparently without historical documentation, that Adolf Hitler was influenced by concave hollow-Earth ideas and sent an expedition in an, obviously unsuccessful, attempt to spy on the British fleet by pointing infrared cameras up at the sky[7] (Wagner, 1999).[8]

The Egyptian mathematician Mostafa Abdelkader wrote several scholarly papers working out a detailed mapping of the concave Earth model.[9][10]

In one chapter of his book On the Wild Side (1992), Martin Gardner discusses the hollow Earth model articulated by Abdelkader. According to Gardner, this hypothesis posits that light rays travel in circular paths, and slow as they approach the center of the spherical star-filled cavern. No energy can reach the center of the cavern, which corresponds to no point a finite distance away from Earth in the widely accepted scientific cosmology. A drill, Gardner says, would lengthen as it traveled away from the cavern and eventually pass through the "point at infinity" corresponding to the center of the Earth in the widely accepted scientific cosmology. Supposedly no experiment can distinguish between the two cosmologies.

Gardner notes that "most mathematicians believe that an inside-out universe, with properly adjusted physical laws, is empirically irrefutable ".
SO fricken awesome!

I can't help but wonder though how seismological readings are explained in conjunction with such a hypothesis!

ANYONE??
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Concave Hollow Earth Hypothesis

Post by rats19 »

So in this scenario you want someone on the outside of your tent peeing in?? As compared to someone inside your tent peeing out?
Am I grasping the magnitude here?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Interesting Ratty....

Because in this scenario, peeing INTO the tent from outside (if possible) would result in said pee shrinking in volume to the point of virtual nothingness, whereas if one could be inside the tent peeing out.... well it could theoretically result in the annihilation of the Earth one supposes. Hmmm....
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

So its...same ol same ol.. :sly:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

:shock:

Gadzooks Ratman! Just how much beer do you normally drink whilst camping???
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

This is the 80's right......lol
Phillip
AHL Prospect

Post by Phillip »

I've known about this for years. Back in 1994 I sat in at an Extra Terrestrial conference hosted by none other than Alex Collier. There are entrances to the center of the earth at both poles, Not to mention human eating alien reptiles (Draconians) living 100-200 miles beneath the surface.

Needless to say, this Man woke me up. What irks me is the fact Nasa and high level government official have known this for decades but refuse to tell the public.

I could go on but this is my first post - just testing the waters. 8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Phil, you’re referring to the other Hollow Earth hypothesis:

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow_Earth)

Plus, you seem to be meshing this theory with a.... “human eating alien reptiles”.... theory. I believe, these days, these alleged people-popping lizard-folk are referred to as Reptilians. And btw most who buy into this hypothesis believe that the reason the governments of planet Earth cover-up their existence is because much of the Earth’s governments are comprised of Reptilians (shape-shifters).

Phil, you can believe in whatever you like, but I want to go on record right now as a NON-believer when it comes to Reptilians. And my stating this has NOTHING to do with the hypothesis that Reptilians scour the internet red-flagging.... and ultimately feasting upon the flesh of... those who claim to know of their existence.

Creepy, eh wot?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Phillip
AHL Prospect

Post by Phillip »

Strangelove wrote:Phil, you’re referring to the other Hollow Earth hypothesis:

Plus, you seem to be meshing this theory with a.... “human eating alien reptiles”.... theory. I believe, these days, these alleged people-popping lizard-folk are referred to as Reptilians. And btw most who buy into this hypothesis believe that the reason the governments of planet Earth cover-up their existence is because much of the Earth’s governments are comprised of Reptilians (shape-shifters).

Phil, you can believe in whatever you like, but I want to go on record right now as a NON-believer when it comes to Reptilians. And my stating this has NOTHING to do with the hypothesis that Reptilians scour the internet red-flagging.... and ultimately feasting upon the flesh of... those who claim to know of their existence.

Creepy, eh wot?
Lol you got me!

Again..... :cry:

Good to see ya old buddy :!:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Ah it is you Mr Creep!

Believe it or not I think I actually missed you! :eh:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

So who is Phillip/Creeper anyways?

Was it ODB all along? I always figured it was a combination of ODB and Strangelove. I even suspected Nargamaniac (Narg) way back in 2006 when "Creeper" first debuted.

I will say this: It takes quite a bit of talent to keep a 'sock' handle running strong for 6 years and counting! 8-) :lol:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Tell you something farhan....as you recall and doc can vouch..I am horrible at figuring out alias owners..but creepers was so good albeit a little different than the gm character...I thought he was gm for the longest time
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

FL: Creeper was always just Creeper.

But now Creeper is Phillip.

Narg was murdered in his sleep by Creeper, or so the storey goes

(smothered by his own chewed-up pillow).

Speaking of Phillip....

Thanks Phil, y’baastaad, you’ve got me obsessing on that other Hollow Earth Theory....

Okay, picture this: A new planet comprised mostly of fluids (water/molten metal/wotever) is placed in orbit around the sun (by say aliens/God/Strangelove). Now according to the prevailing theory on Gravity, mass PULLS.... meaning that in the centre of a sphere in space WEIGHTLESSNESS abounds (the pulling forces of all that outward mass cancels out towards the centre). So if you could place the room you’re in right now in the centre of the Earth, you would theoretically float around like an astronaut in space...

You with me?

Okay, so let’s say this new sphere placed there by aliens/God/Strangelove begins to heat up (solar activity). Chemical reactions begin to occur. Hey... to make it easier, let’s just say this sphere is comprised entirely of water! Well as the - water sphere - warms up, eventually parts of it to the temperature at which the hydrogen and oxygen molecules actually separate (we’re beyond the point of water vapour here), those two gasses bubble up toward the surface...

BUT WAIT

... at some point (I believe it’s approximately one-third of the way towards the centre) these gasses actually migrate toward THE CENTRE of the sphere (toward weightlessness, path of least resistance). Eventually you have a giant bubble in the middle of your sphere! AND THEN: the sphere freezes (solar activity dies down). NOW you have yourself a hollow planet....

Doesn’t it seem possible, likely even that... according to prevailing theories on planet-formation... that ALL planets would go through a similar process at some point?? (doesn’t hafta be a water sphere, think molten metal wotever).

Anyway, gotta run, but yeah THANKS Phil! :evil:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Phillip
AHL Prospect

Post by Phillip »

Farhan Lalji wrote:So who is Phillip/Creeper anyways?

Was it ODB all along?
No I don't think Ohdee would make back-to-back $100 season-long NFL bets with himself.

Let's move on from this - I was never anyone other than me, myself and I.
Phillip
AHL Prospect

Post by Phillip »

Strangelove wrote:
You with me?
I'm trying but now my head is ringing!

So who's gonna start a Conspiracy Theory thread?

You post em' and Doc debunks them - or he puts an even more complicated spin on them.

:mrgreen: