Muzac For Munsters

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Muzac For Munsters

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:10 pm
Micky wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:38 pm
I smoked that band up at the great canadian cabin party weekend in whistler. My roommate won the grand prize and i lucked in on her score.
Lead singer of Lynyrd Skynyrd’s brother was in 38 Special
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Here's some Vancouver nostalgia. The images of Old Vancouver bring a tear to an old man's eye.

Lovely version of Donovan's Sunny Goodge Street by Vancouver's own...

el rey del mambo
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Vancouver was such a cool place before mass migration turned it into whatever the fuck it is now.
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:29 pm Vancouver was such a cool place before mass migration turned it into whatever the fuck it is now.
That's right. And talk about service , well so my Dad use to tell me...
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:29 pm Vancouver was such a cool place before mass migration turned it into whatever the fuck it is now.
Big time. I’m a stranger to this city now. Jimmy Pattinson and the Li Ka Shing Expo 86 gang are the pricks that fucked up this city. Actually not so much Li Ka Shing But the twats who sold him the lands opening up the door to mass immigration and foreign investment. It’s not a race thing, it’s a too many immigrants over a short period with too many shitty poorly built condos and multi low rise apartments crammed into every square inch of this city. It’s fucking gross. City planners should be fucking shot. You’re looking at the future slums regarding all these multi family low rise and condos being built everywhere, it won’t age well. Thank that Sam Sullivan paraplegic wheel chair fuck and his moronic eco density bullshit
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Its not a racial slight its too many fuckin people all squabbling over average homes.

I'm glqd i got to grow up there and enjoy what it was before it became this.

Hey Chef did u used to go for hangover breaky at the totem? Or De Dutch Pannekoek at the end of hastings?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

:( :( :(

"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:28 am Its not a racial slight its too many fuckin people all squabbling over average homes.

Hey Chef did u used to go for hangover breaky at the totem? Or De Dutch Pannekoek at the end of hastings?
I’m a north shore guy, Brown. My old man was East Van. We did the Tomahawk off Marine Drive and the De Dutch where Marine meets 3rd street beside the Oasis Car Wash
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:44 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:28 am Its not a racial slight its too many fuckin people all squabbling over average homes.

I’m a north shore guy, Brown. My old man was East Van. We did the Tomahawk off Marine Drive and the De Dutch where Marine meets 3rd street beside the Oasis Car Wash
fuck me my mistake it was the tomahawk not the totem...wrong wagon burner reference :D

They had an incredible spread there holy fuck. Is it still there or is it more popsicle stick condos now?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:49 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:44 am

fuck me my mistake it was the tomahawk not the totem...wrong wagon burner reference :D

They had an incredible spread there holy fuck. Is it still there or is it more popsicle stick condos now?
It’s still there and as strong as ever, I haven’t been in awhile. The entire north shore would revolt if it was torn down for condos, although the money might just be too good. Although imo the Vancouver condo market is gonna crash soon
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Amen brothers, the planners are criminals and always have been. Starting with demolishing the Pantages Majestic on Hastings for a parking lot in the sixties. That place made the Orpheum look like a dump in comparison believe it or not. We just can't have nice things here it seems.

el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Micky wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:29 am
That's right. And talk about service , well so my Dad use to tell me...
Yep. Your dad was right Micky. Those were the days.

I have this dystopian vision where one day everything finally locks up and grinds to a halt and everybody just leaves their cars there and walks home. And that'll be the day the city finally chokes to death and dies.
el rey del mambo
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:00 am Starting with demolishing the Pantages Majestic on Hastings for a parking lot in the sixties. That place made the Orpheum look like a dump in comparison believe it or not.
I hadn't heard of that one before - had to Google it - http://www.pstos.org/instruments/bc/van ... ntages.htm
Stunning!

When I was up there last October, I had no desire to go downtown - at all. Expo was the beginning of the end.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Cornuck wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:41 am
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:00 am Starting with demolishing the Pantages Majestic on Hastings for a parking lot in the sixties. That place made the Orpheum look like a dump in comparison believe it or not.
I hadn't heard of that one before - had to Google it - http://www.pstos.org/instruments/bc/van ... ntages.htm
Stunning!

When I was up there last October, I had no desire to go downtown - at all. Expo was the beginning of the end.
Yeah I lucky enough to see a couple of movies there with my parents as a small child in the early sixties before they tore it down and I remember sitting there with the lights on before the movie with goosebumps just in awe of the place. It's a tragedy.
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

I think there's a slum building there now probably with junkies living in it. That was still the shopping and entertainment district in the sixties.
el rey del mambo