Muzac For Munsters

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: Muzac For Munsters

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

el rey del mambo
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Eurovision week. Held in Malmö this year as Sweden won last year. Semifinals today and on Thursday and then the final on Saturday.
Political messaging is not allowed, but there are always some trying to slip something in. Last year Iceland (sic!) had a Palestinian flag on stage at the end of their number.

This year it has been a very clear message to all participants and fans that no flags other than those of participating nations, plus the rainbow flag, are allowed. And Israel had to change the title of thir song from October Rain to Hurricane, and also change some of the lyrics.

Anyway, last night in the dress rehearsal for the first semifinal someone spotted a secret message from the Irish participant, Bambie Thug.

If you zoom in on Bambie's leg, there is a message written in inverted medieval Gaelic Ogham script: SAOIRSE DON PHALAISTIN

How did they think no one would notice? :o

I mean, anyone fluent in Irish Gaelic and familiar with the medieval Ogham script could clearly read it, as long as they realised the script was inverted, and of course granted that there was good enough footage of her leg zoomed in, so that you could freeze frame and read it. :look:

And in case you wonder what the song sounds like:

https://youtu.be/BNc5zTYkTaQ?si=upIDeGM_dHmWSGjs
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

^^^ were there human sacrifices"

https://youtu.be/6ETik84XdAM?si=tD0JoGonQcBr9ej8
el rey del mambo
donlever
MVP
MVP

Post by donlever »

Per wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:17 am Anyway, last night in the dress rehearsal for the first semifinal someone spotted a secret message from the Irish participant, Bambie Thug.

We could ask Cuz to lick it off her leg.

...and with a moniker like Bambie Thug my guess is he'd be all in.
DeLevering since 1999.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Neil Young is coming to Burnaby
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:17 am Anyway, last night in the dress rehearsal for the first semifinal someone spotted a secret message from the Irish participant, Bambie Thug.
Is that why Dutch singer Joost Klein made "unlawful threats" to a member of Bambie Thug?

I heard poor ole Joost was disqualified and sent packing over something like dat dere?

Also heard Norway's entry pulled out in response to what they called "the inflamed situation in Malmo this year".

Is that referencing the anti-Israel protests going on there?

Heard they arrested and locked-up Goofy Greta as she was protesting there.

Just what kind of a fucked up country are you running over there Per? :scowl:

They should kick your ass out of the EU and NATO, fuckers...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:01 pm Neil Young is coming to Burnaby
That's come out of left field eh. Burnaby.

I might go check out the old geezer.
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

donlever wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:17 am

We could ask Cuz to lick it off her leg.

...and with a moniker like Bambie Thug my guess is he'd be all in.
I think it's a dude Don.

His Wiki entry refers to him as 'they.' :devil:
el rey del mambo
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:42 pm
I think it's a dude Don.

His Wiki entry refers to him as 'they.' :devil:
Nah, not a dude. Bambie identifies as non-binary, but definitely used to be a girl.
This interview has a couple of photos of a younger Bambie, and there’s also a mention of problems for queer people with a vagina.
https://youtu.be/Cbm0Cu50fdk?si=XhvI__CETjIdh27P

And if you want to check out Bambie’s birthday suit:

https://youtu.be/hb_WR0I8XmI?si=2YPlXsW2y3D_aVpD
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:58 pm
Is that why Dutch singer Joost Klein made "unlawful threats" to a member of Bambie Thug?

I heard poor ole Joost was disqualified and sent packing over something like dat dere?
No, that was an incident with a camera woman. There is an ongoing police investigation, so they’re not really giving out any details, but apparently Joost wanted her to stop filming, and it got ugly. After a crisis meeting the EBU (European Broadcasting Union) decided to disqualify the Dutch entry, nothing involving other participants from what I have heard. The one altercation with another participant that I know Joost had was not with Ireland but with Israel. He was sneering at Israel though during the press conference after the second semifinal. A journalist asked Eden Golan (Israel’s participant) if she worried that her participation created a risk for other participants. The guy sitting next to her said ”you don’t have to answer that”. The Dutch delegation was seated next to the Israelis at the podium, and Joost was hiding underneath a big Dutch flag, He immediately interjected ”Why not?” In a rather stern voice, which could be interpreted as that he personally thought this was the case. That’s not what got him disqualified though.
Also heard Norway's entry pulled out in response to what they called "the inflamed situation in Malmo this year".
Is that referencing the anti-Israel protests going on there?
I think it is more a reference to Israel’s participation. Several countries, including Norway, Finland and Iceland, had asked that Israel should not be allowed to participate, citing the Russia ban after the invasion of Ukraine. In the end they chose to participate though. There were 37 participating countries, just as in 2023. Belgium chose to pause the broadcast during Israel’s performance though. So, no, Norway’s entry did not pull out, but the person supposed to present the voting result from the Norwegian jury dropped out and was replaced by someone else. I assume the same thing happened in Finland, because Petra Mede, the presenter who recieved the results seemed surprised at who presented the Finnish results, so it must have been someone else than during rehearsals.
Heard they arrested and locked-up Greta Thunberg as she was protesting there.
That’s correct. There have been tens of thousands protesting, holding meetings and marching through downtown Malmö all week, but protests were peaceful. Then Saturday evening a group of protesters swamped the area right outside the stadium, which is not where they had been assigned to be, and police dispersed them. A total of eight people we’re apprehended, one of them Greta Thunberg. One person was arrested for assaulting an officer.
You must have misunderstood my role. I’m just a humble civil servant, I’m not really running the entire country.

And all in all it went rather well. Protests were mainly peaceful. No major incidents apart from whatever Joost was involved in.
There was some booing against Israel, but not as bad as the booing of the EBU representatives. The latter were probably booed both for allowing Israel to participate and for disqualifying the Dutch entry.

Israel got way lower jury votes than what should be expected from the quality of their entry, but got the third most points from the public televote, behind Croatia and Ukraine, finishing fifth overall.

Switzerland won, mainly based on a near sweep of the juries but also coming fifth in the televote.

Ireland finished in sixth place behind Switzerland, Croatia, Ukraine, France and Israel.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Some are claiming the Netherlands could have won if they were not disqualified, but I doubt it. Sure, it had it’s following, you can hear the audience singing along, but the die-hard eurovision fans love to sing along to anything, and they love camp and kitschy stuff. The juries are not as fond of novelty acts, and the televotes comprise of more of a cross section of the population. I definitely think they would have finished top ten, but I don’t think they were a true contender. See for yourselves. I doubt any of you fancy this kind of music.

https://youtu.be/IiHFnmI8pxg?si=8xDmbOLvZL728sqD

If you do want a novelty act I think Croatia’s entry is far less pathetic. The music has a touch of Rammstein to it, and who doesn’t love digital farm animals? The level of audience participation is also a lot higher in this one. I don’t think Joost could have gotten past Croatia, who finished second overall but had the highest televote points.

https://youtu.be/YIBjarAiAVc?si=TmA5gBdEKuFhRSbv
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:38 am
You must have misunderstood my role. I’m just a humble civil servant, I’m not really running the entire country.
Hmmm...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Strangelove wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:37 pm
Per wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:38 am
Hmmm...
LOL - in america, that makes you part of the "Deep State" - right Doc? :D