Im not an NBA fan but MAN look at this trade....

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Im not an NBA fan but MAN look at this trade....

Post by mattola »

now the NBA knows how to do trades :)

Report: Cavaliers complete 11-player trade

Ben Wallace

TSN.ca Staff
2/21/2008 4:29:27 PM
LeBron James may finally be getting the help he has been asking for.

ESPN.com is reporting that the Cleveland Cavaliers, the Chicago Bulls and the Seattle SuperSonics have completed a massive 11-player trade that would dramatically shake up the reigning Eastern Conference champions.

The Cavaliers will reportedly receive centre Ben Wallace, guard Wally Szczerbiak, point guard Delonte West, forward Joe Smith and a future second-round pick from the Bulls.

The Bulls would receive forward Drew Gooden, guard Larry Hughes, and reserves Cedric Simmons and Shannon Brown.

The Sonics, looking for greater payroll flexibility would take back Ira Newble, Adrian Griffin and Donyell Marshall.
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

Do they have a salary cap in the NBA?
Tukaram
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Tukaram »

the Cunning Linguist wrote:Do they have a salary cap in the NBA?
Yes.
hoopsjunky
CC Rookie

Post by hoopsjunky »

Wow, Oklahoma's gonna have a horrible team next year.
PaulNem
AHL Prospect

Post by PaulNem »

hoopsjunky wrote:Wow, Oklahoma's gonna have a horrible team next year.
I've been out of the NBA loop for a while it seems. I was wonering what Oklahoma had to do with the NBA.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

PaulNem wrote:
I've been out of the NBA loop for a while it seems. I was wonering what Oklahoma had to do with the NBA.
I can't confirm but I heard that the Sonics are leaving Seattle. What a crying shame. Apparently they wanted a new stadium with help from public funds. Only the current stadium was built like 10 years ago! This is all coming from my Seattle friend so I can't confirm, but if it's true, that's horseshit! I empathasize a lot with Seattle and its teams. They seem to suffer from the same affliction as Vancouver-based teams.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

rockalt wrote:
PaulNem wrote:
hoopsjunky wrote: They seem to suffer from the same affliction as Vancouver-based teams.
I felt really bad for the Sea Hawks when they absolutely got SCREWED in the Super Bowl a few years back (against the Steelers). That was seriously one of the worst officiated and biased refereeing in all of sports. Absolutely disgraceful behavior displayed by those refs.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Im not an NBA fan but MAN look at this trade....

Post by SKYO »

Blockbuster NBA trade in the wee hours.

Spurs send Kawhi Leonard, Danny Green to the Raptors for DeMar Derozan, Jakob Poeltl, protected 2019 1st.

:shock:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba ... ade-spurs/
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re:

Post by Mickey107 »

rockalt wrote: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:54 am
PaulNem wrote:
I can't confirm but I heard that the Sonics are leaving Seattle. What a crying shame. Apparently they wanted a new stadium with help from public funds. Only the current stadium was built like 10 years ago! This is all coming from my Seattle friend so I can't confirm, but if it's true, that's horseshit! I empathasize a lot with Seattle and its teams. They seem to suffer from the same affliction as Vancouver-based teams.
Good insight. ;)

Ah, but 10 years later, and it's looking a wee bit better!
Same building though. :?
Refurbished they say. :lol:
Same Key, different lock?????????
"evolution"