The last leap . . .

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

The last leap . . .

Post by Meerschaum »

The only man to have sustained more injuries over his lifetime than Canuck's defenceman Sami Salo died today at the age of 69.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ ... ional/home

I'll always remember the debacle that was the Snake River Canyon jump on ABC's Wide World of Sports. The agony of defeat indeed . . .
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

In spite of the Snake Rive 'debacle' :D - he was a great showman! Truly one of a kind.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Interesting article, i never knew that he was playing hockey too.

ps: As a kid my friend had an action doll with a crossbike of him and we played all his stunts. RIP.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
tey
CC Veteran

Re: The last leap . . .

Post by tey »

Meerschaum wrote:The only man to have sustained more injuries over his lifetime than Canuck's defenceman Sami Salo died today at the age of 69.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ ... ional/home

I'll always remember the debacle that was the Snake River Canyon jump on ABC's Wide World of Sports. The agony of defeat indeed . . .
Sorry, Sami has had more injuries then Mick Foley? dude suffered like 20 different injuries in that one hell in a cell match