I'm mad as hell!!!

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

I'm mad as hell!!!

Post by Meerschaum »

I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's work, banks are going bust, shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TV's while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be. We know things are bad - worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, 'Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone.'

Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get mad! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot - I don't want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street.

All I know is that first you've got to get mad. You've got to say, 'I'm a HUMAN BEING, Goddamnit! My life has VALUE!'

So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell: 'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!'

I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!...

You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Then we'll figure out what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis.

But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it:

"I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"

Because those fricken jerks just went out and killed Captain America!

I'm not kidding.

Read the goddamned headline.

"Captain America Slain."

It's all there in black and white.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ ... ional/home

I mean, why, oh why did they have to murder the fricken Captain???

He was the only comic book hero who ever actually accomplished anything!!!

Let's remember, folks, that the Captain (along with his trusty sidekick Bucky) captured the imagination of a nation and caused an entire generation of paper delivery boys, cub scouts and junior door-to-door seed salesmen to pool their hard-earned salaries of nickles dimes and the odd quarter to buy war bonds to defeat Hitler and the Nazis!!!

The greatest evil the world has ever known, and who was there amongst the super hero fraternity to stand up against Naziism and anti-semitism? The Captain! That's who!

For God's sakes, people. If you're gonna cap a superhero, at least go after one of the useless ones. Kill Aquaman! Hawkgirl! The Black Canary! (I mean, just what the hell did she do, anyways???) Murder the Atom! Off Ghost Rider! Whack the Phantom, purple leotards and all! Heck, if somebody's gotta die, please make it Howard the Duck!

But not the Captain!

Please, dear Mary, mother of God.

Not the Captain!

I mean, the guy beat Hitler. And now some third rate publishing executive is gonna put a bullet in his head???

This is unnatural!

This is despicable!

This is simply wrong on far, FAR too many levels.

So I want you to stand up now. Stand up, and go to the window. Open it. Okay, you know what to say. Howard Beale taught you . . .
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Re: I'm mad as hell!!!

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Meerschaum wrote: Because those fricken jerks just went out and killed Captain America!

I'm not kidding.

"Captain America Slain."

Let's remember, folks, that the Captain (along with his trusty sidekick Bucky) captured the imagination of a nation and caused an entire generation of paper delivery boys, cub scouts and junior door-to-door seed salesmen to pool their hard-earned salaries of nickles dimes and the odd quarter to buy war bonds to defeat Hitler and the Nazis!!!

The greatest evil the world has ever known, and who was there amongst the super hero fraternity to stand up against Naziism and anti-semitism? The Captain! That's who!

For God's sakes, people. If you're gonna cap a superhero, at least go after one of the useless ones. Kill Aquaman! Hawkgirl! The Black Canary! (I mean, just what the hell did she do, anyways???) Murder the Atom! Off Ghost Rider! Whack the Phantom, purple leotards and all! Heck, if somebody's gotta die, please make it Howard the Duck!

But not the Captain!

Not the Captain!

I mean, the guy beat Hitler. And now some third rate publishing executive is gonna put a bullet in his head???

This is unnatural!

This is despicable!

So I want you to stand up now. Stand up, and go to the window. Open it. Okay, you know what to say. Howard Beale taught you . . .
This post reminds me of my childhood reading comics from both Marvel and DC. Man, growing up in Langley and reading 12 cent comics - the Fantastic Four, Spiderman, Batman, and yes Captain America.

Let me ask you a question: If Marvel was coming out with a Captain America movie just as they did with Blade, Spiderman and Ghost Rider...do you really think Captain America is gone for good? After all, they killed off Superman for an issue or two if I recall....

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
Rising Sun Canuck
CC Rookie

Re: I'm mad as hell!!!

Post by Rising Sun Canuck »

DavidPratt_ wrote:
Meerschaum wrote: Because those fricken jerks just went out and killed Captain America!

I'm not kidding.

"Captain America Slain."

But not the Captain!

Not the Captain!

This is unnatural!

This is despicable!

This post reminds me of my childhood reading comics from both Marvel and DC. Man, growing up in Langley and reading 12 cent comics - the Fantastic Four, Spiderman, Batman, and yes Captain America.

Let me ask you a question: If Marvel was coming out with a Captain America movie just as they did with Blade, Spiderman and Ghost Rider...do you really think Captain America is gone for good? After all, they killed off Superman for an issue or two if I recall....

dp
They did.... http://imdb.com/title/tt0103923/ ...and it suck, bad...like Batman and Robin bad, at least they didn't have Dolph Lundgren for the lead- that honor went to the first Punisher movie...*shutter* That's why there wasn't any comic book movies for a decade.

Good stuff as usual Meers.... well at least the Cap will have half the members of Alpha Flight to play poker with...
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Ah c'mon boys dry those tears. It's time for Captain Canuck!

His name is Roberto Cowan "The Bra-Barian"! 8-)
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Post by Meerschaum »

But who will avenge him? If only there were a group of "Avengers", if you will, organized for that purpose
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.