Did Buono screw up?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Did Wally coach a bad game?

Yes
82%
No
18%

Total votes: 11

Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Did Buono screw up?

Post by Jovorock »

Did Wally Buono screw up the game?

Did he start the right quarterbach?

Should he of gone for the 3rd down with just over two minutes left instead of punting?
NeoCanuck
AHL Prospect

Post by NeoCanuck »

After the 3rd, I thought to myself:

"What the hell is he doing?! Put in who is Hot, and not the person thats cold!"

He punted with 2 mins remaining? Cmon! At least take one last stab at it!
Get Your Towels Out Boys!

What Would Happen If The Toronto Raptors Broadcaster Started Doing Canucks Games?

NASLUND DEKES, SCORES!!! THAT WAS SICK, WICKED AND NASTY!!
marble mouth mckeachie
AHL Prospect

Post by marble mouth mckeachie »

Its easy to second guess on the quaterback decision. Dickenson wasn't the problem. The Lions shot themselves in the foot too many times with penalties and giving up field position with lame kicks. I was disappointed in the decision to punt with less than two minutes to go and Buono should feel some heat for that decision.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

I don't think it was a mistake to put Dickenson in ... IMO the mistakes made were

- the defensive did not adapt to man to man when they were getting beaten in the zone.
- the defense sat back too much and gave Allen way to many "steamboats" to go through his progressions and find an open guy.
- the short kick was used way to often. Again they were slow to react and make adjustments - the loss in field positioning was killing them. It inspired TO's offence as they only had half a field to go on each series of downs.
- O'Mahny (sp) didn't have a great game
- really stupid undisciplined penalties

Pretty hard to win the G-Cup two years in a row anyhow ... meaning .... I think that it will increase the odds for next year and they will have a very good shot at winning it in Van.

Grizz