Which Player Could you Win with?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Which Player is on your team to win a championship?

Terrell Owens
10%
Barry Bonds
No votes
Jaromir Jagr
40%
Alexei Yashin
No votes
Allan Iverson
50%
Vince Carter
No votes

Total votes: 10

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Which Player Could you Win with?

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Thought I'd ask a simple question: If you were running a professional sports team, which player on this list could help you win?
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

Allen Iverson.
magnum44
CC Veteran

Post by magnum44 »

Yeah I'd go with Iverson too just because the nature of the sport of basketball. I don't think AI should really be in the company of those other guys though. He's controversial to "the establishment", but I don't think he is a team cancer to the extent everyone else on that list is.
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

magnum44 wrote:Yeah I'd go with Iverson too just because the nature of the sport of basketball. I don't think AI should really be in the company of those other guys though. He's controversial to "the establishment", but I don't think he is a team cancer to the extent everyone else on that list is.
Exacto mundo. None of these guys have carried their teams to the league finals except Iverson.
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Some interesting comments here. I would agree that Iverson is definitely someone off this list that can take his team somewhere. I actually believe that Jagr can too...witness the Czech team winning gold in the Olympics several years ago. Jagr plays when he wants to, but when he's motivated and surrounded by some of his countrymen he seems to play harder.

Terrell Owen would never be on my team. Or Barry Bonds for that matter.

dp

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

Personally I think they are all cancerous jerks and I wouldn't take any of them. As you didn't offer a none of the above option I didn't vote.
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

HappyCanuck wrote:Personally I think they are all cancerous jerks and I wouldn't take any of them. As you didn't offer a none of the above option I didn't vote.
That's why I put them on here. Wanted to see who was the least cancerous jerk people could stomach.

dp