The Great CC Pasta Debate of 2022.

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

The Great CC Pasta Debate of 2022.

Post by Cornuck »

It seems a new topic needed, things were boiling over in the hockey talk.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: The Great CC Pasta Debate of 2022.

Post by rats19 »

A rolling boil…
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Horsey won’t like this thread.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:15 am Horsey won’t like this thread.
Maybe he''ll enjoy this recipe for sfilacci .
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Gnocchi is not pasta

Pho is cilantro infused dishwater
If you need air...call it in
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Pasta is a great vehicle for "let's get use out of what's in the fridge." My favorite is after making braised lamb. Pasta, lamb, onions, garlic, spinach, mint, red peppers, some form of modest heat (black pepper, aleppo pepper, red pepper flakes), and a sauce from the braising liquid (wine, rosemary, thyme, bay leaf, garlic, and those lamb juices). Cook the veggies in the lamb fat. Not diet food.
Hono_rary Canadian
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Nothing wrong with cooking pasta at home, boys. Have at 'er. :)
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:58 am Pho is cilantro infused dishwater
You take that back, Fool! There's no cilantro.

I start a soup noodles thread to Viet Cong yo' ass!
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I pretty much only make aglio e olio nowadays or a simple pomodoro. The older I get the more the cheese type recipes aggravates the guts like carbonara and cacio e pepe (Anthony Bourdain called cacio e pepe the greatest pasta dish in the world). Been making pasta alla Norma lately with the cassereccia pasta noodle, it’s a tomato sauce made with fried strips of egg plant, it’s a Sicilian recipe.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

I had some spinach tagliatelle today with a smoked salmon and gorgonzola sauce.

I first melt some butter and fry one large or two smaller shredded carrots in it, add some black pepper. Then add 150 g of gorgonzola and stir well while it melts. Add 2 dl of creme fraiche (or regular cream), 200 g of finely chopped smoked salmon and a thinly sliced leek. Just let it simmer a bit.

Serve with tagliatelle and freshly grated parmesan.

Really good and just takes fifteen minutes to fix.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Per wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:28 pm I had some spinach tagliatelle today with a smoked salmon and gorgonzola sauce.

I first melt some butter and fry one large or two smaller shredded carrots in it, add some black pepper. Then add 150 g of gorgonzola and stir well while it melts. Add 2 dl of creme fraiche (or regular cream), 200 g of finely chopped smoked salmon and a thinly sliced leek. Just let it simmer a bit.

Serve with tagliatelle and freshly grated parmesan.

Really good and just takes fifteen minutes to fix.
Not bad Per. Pasta dishes with Gorgonzola are hugely popular and tasty. Its a great move, especially with a wide noodle. Did you know that Chef was once know as Igor Gonzola at Hockeysfuture. Igor came after Pavel Rotti
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Dude trying to tell everyone that he's got a wide noodle.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

UWSaint wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:28 am Pasta is a great vehicle for "let's get use out of what's in the fridge." My favorite is after making braised lamb. Pasta, lamb, onions, garlic, spinach, mint, red peppers, some form of modest heat (black pepper, aleppo pepper, red pepper flakes), and a sauce from the braising liquid (wine, rosemary, thyme, bay leaf, garlic, and those lamb juices). Cook the veggies in the lamb fat. Not diet food.
Man that sounds good!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I worked the pasta station at the restaurant for quite some time and gnocchi and risotto were part that role. most of the proteins I'd use were trim from items on the main course. Pheasant was on the menu so I smoked then confited and shredded the legs (too full of tendons to serve whole) and served with cascarecce that way the bird is not wasted.

Valentines Day pasta special was always puttanesca.

I love fresh made noodles and they are so damn easy to make.

Carbonnera is my son's favourite, but we add sun dried black olives and anchovies (lots) to the recipe. Extra special with fresh made linguine. Mac & Cheese is another favourite, with Stilton and salmon. Sometimes braised short rib pansotti with red wine (a bottle of red reduced to near paste consistency) and walnuts.

Carmelized fennel, roasted radicchio, walnut risotto.

Gnocchi is a fucking at form unto itself, too much flour and you have rubber balls, to little and it falls apart in the water. Just right and they are pillow soft clouds that dissolve in your mouth.Add some reconstituted and pureed porcini to the mix.

Most places pasta is a suckers dish because the food costs are fuck all yet you can charge decent $$'s for a plate.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Nice Topper!

My old man used to make potato gnocchi all the time, his grandmother taught him how when he was kid back in Strathcona. We’re Northern WOPs from Friuli and the potato gnocchi is popular there, I believe it originated in that region. Risotto is also a northern Italy dish, love risotto. I have two versions I like to make

Fresh made pasta is the best, agreed. A lot of the new Italian restaurants make their own pasta made that day, nothing beats it