The Great CC Pasta Debate of 2022.

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: The Great CC Pasta Debate of 2022.

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:37 pm I worked the pasta station at the restaurant for quite some time and gnocchi and risotto were part that role. most of the proteins I'd use were trim from items on the main course. Pheasant was on the menu so I smoked then confited and shredded the legs (too full of tendons to serve whole) and served with cascarecce that way the bird is not wasted.

Valentines Day pasta special was always puttanesca.

I love fresh made noodles and they are so damn easy to make.

Carbonnera is my son's favourite, but we add sun dried black olives and anchovies (lots) to the recipe. Extra special with fresh made linguine. Mac & Cheese is another favourite, with Stilton and salmon. Sometimes braised short rib pansotti with red wine (a bottle of red reduced to near paste consistency) and walnuts.

Carmelized fennel, roasted radicchio, walnut risotto.

Gnocchi is a fucking at form unto itself, too much flour and you have rubber balls, to little and it falls apart in the water. Just right and they are pillow soft clouds that dissolve in your mouth.Add some reconstituted and pureed porcini to the mix.

Most places pasta is a suckers dish because the food costs are fuck all yet you can charge decent $$'s for a plate.
How about game 7 at Topper house so we can all watch the Horvat raise the Lord's cup in a Canucks uni?

Whose in?

Of course Tops wont watch a minute as he spends the day in the kitchen.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:37 pm
Carbonnera is my son's favourite, but we add sun dried black olives and anchovies (lots) to the recipe.
Carbonara with black olives and anchovy?!

Mind blown! That’s brilliant!
Not sure how the Italians would feel, but you definitely won me over.

My favourite pizza is a classic Napoletana with anchovy, black olives and capers.
Sadly there are very few pizzerias here that have anchovy on the menu.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I want to know more about the stilton and salmon mac and cheese. Fuck does that ever sound good
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:16 pm I want to know more about the stilton and salmon mac and cheese. Fuck does that ever sound good
One pot, sweat onions and garlic, add a knob of butter and some flour to make a roux, add milk or cream and stir on med low heat to thicken, add Stilton to melt in.

While this is going on, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook your noodles, just before you drain the noodles as chopped salmon to the sauce.

Drain the noodles and combine with the sauce.

Chopped blanched asparagus is also good in there.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Thanks man. I'm gonna try and make that tomorrow.
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper I know you’re a great cook. I’m struggling making Pasta al Limone (Lemon flavoured pasta dish). Can’t seem to get er dialed, have you tried this dish? When I make it the lemon is too strong. Too tart or bitter or something.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:09 pm Topper I know you’re a great cook. I’m struggling making Pasta al Limone (Lemon flavoured pasta dish). Can’t seem to get er dialed, have you tried this dish? When I make it the lemon is too strong. Too tart or bitter or something.
Lemon gets very astringent when cooked, I'd add the zest late in making the sauce and lemon juice to taste just before serving.

You could make your own fettuccine pasta and add lemon zest to the dough if you really wanted to up your game.I've used lemon and thyme, chopped very fine, in pasta dough.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

There's an Italian restaurant, Basta, just around the corner from work that has a fantastic lemon chicken pasta with parmesan cheese, spinach, pine nuts and chili flakes.. Damn! Now I got hungry. :(

They don't have a lunch menu though, so it's full price even at mid day.
https://uploads-ssl.webflow.com/62dbbad ... eMenu1.pdf
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.