Good Canadian Kid

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

donlever
CC Legend

Re: Good Canadian Kid

Post by donlever »

Surrey Boy Adam Svennson with his first PGA tour win at his 70th event in Georgia today.

A cool 1.458 mill US in his jeans and a 2 year exemption on tour.

Not bad.
DeLevering since 1999.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

...behind the shadow of a stellar (sic) World Cup effort Canada today won its first ever Davis Cup.

That would be tennis you reprobates.....
DeLevering since 1999.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

donlever wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:01 pm ...behind the shadow of a stellar (sic) World Cup effort Canada today won its first ever Davis Cup.

That would be tennis you reprobates.....
Yeah, I remember when we used to win those. It’s been a while. :(

Congrats, Canada!
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Watching tennis is like watching windshield wiper blades go back and forth. I guess that's why the women wear those skirts...to keep you watching
If you need air...call it in
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Yes, watching Nadal and Djokovic (sans skirts) play a 5 set match at a US Open where the crowd is loud, abusive and insane is exactly like watching windshield wipers go back and forth.

If the opportunity ever presented itself you should go to a live major tennis event.

It's like the Super Bowl in those venues.

Crazy....
DeLevering since 1999.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

donlever wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:34 am Yes, watching Nadal and Djokovic (sans skirts) play a 5 set match at a US Open where the crowd is loud, abusive and insane is exactly like watching windshield wipers go back and forth.

If the opportunity ever presented itself you should go to a live major tennis event.

It's like the Super Bowl in those venues.

Crazy....
Pretty much Canucks hockey and that’s it for 90% of this place.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

European lawn pong is super g*y Donny

:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

donlever wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:36 pm Surrey Boy Adam Svennson with his first PGA tour win at his 70th event in Georgia today.

A cool 1.458 mill US in his jeans and a 2 year exemption on tour.

Not bad.
Great genes, I bet. :look:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://www.rt.com/news/581283-trans-po ... ld-record/
Trans powerlifter sets unofficial women’s world record

Anne Andres, 40, took first place at the Canadian Powerlifting Union’s 2023 Western Canadian Championship on Sunday, with a combined score of 597.5 kilograms (1,317 pounds), or some 210kg (460 pounds) more than her closest opponent.

“Keep in mind I turned 40 a week ago so suddenly being master 1 is kind of hollow,” Andres said in a social media post after the win. “That in mind, I got every masters record and two unofficial world masters records.”
40 years old?

That's one tough broad right there!

Thoughts Donny?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:49 pm https://www.rt.com/news/581283-trans-po ... ld-record/

Anne Andres, 40, took first place at the Canadian Powerlifting Union’s 2023 Western Canadian Championship on Sunday, with a combined score of 597.5 kilograms (1,317 pounds), or some 210kg (460 pounds) more than her closest opponent.

“Keep in mind I turned 40 a week ago so suddenly being master 1 is kind of hollow,” Andres said in a social media post after the win. “That in mind, I got every masters record and two unofficial world masters records.”
40 years old?

Thoughts Donny?
I read some of the interview/article.....apparently he hadn't picked up a barbell for any kind training until 7 years ago. Then shows up and obliterates the field of women, some of who have been training for their entire adult lives.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:49 pm I read some of the interview/article.....apparently he hadn't picked up a barbell for any kind training until 7 years ago. Then shows up and obliterates the field of women, some of who have been training for their entire adult lives.
That takes balls...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:45 pm
Mëds wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:49 pm I read some of the interview/article.....apparently he hadn't picked up a barbell for any kind training until 7 years ago. Then shows up and obliterates the field of women, some of who have been training for their entire adult lives.
That takes balls...
You're saying s/he is preop? :o
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:49 pm https://www.rt.com/news/581283-trans-po ... ld-record/

40 years old?

Thoughts Donny?

Dude…. Your thoughts?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:35 pm

40 years old?

Thoughts Donny?

Dude…. Your thoughts?
The Dude hates everyone except those named Anne with big balls.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Congrats for winning the bronze game vs USA at the basketball world championships! Well done! :thumbs:

Someone should btw inform the NBA that Germany are the world champions.