Carbon recapture

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Carbon recapture

Post by Strangelove »

donlever wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:33 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:21 pm
donlever wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:56 pm Deleting my posts is cleaning up the thread?

Okay then.
I deleted 5 or 6 posts off-topic posts.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the only one of yours I deleted was the one where you complained about all the off-topic posts.

That was my intent at least, I normally would have moved them all but I was in a hurry...
There were 2 but semantics, regardless, gotcha.
Ahh yes, in the other one you quoted one of the deleted off-topic posts... so it had to go.

BTW I believe in climate change but not in anthropogenic climate change.

The Earth's climate has always changed and always will (before humans, after humans).

I don't believe humans can adjust the world's climate (and if they could they'd fuck it up).

I don't believe carbon dioxide contributes to climate change.

I believe the astronomers are correct in predicting the next Maunder Minimum is on the way.

(will cause the Earth's to cool down drastically)

And that's all I have to say about that. :drink:

Hey Cuz, I just moved those posts here:

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 50#p455350
____
Try to focus on someday.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Right.

I'm neither on nor off the climate change, humans are damaging the world wagon and I certainly dont need some uppity teenager telling me what is and isn't.

I spend no time thinking or worrying about it (which is pretty clear by the vehicle I get around in daily).

As is plain to see by my occasional vehement diatribe offerings I have other concerns with respect to our planet which have nothing to do with the weather, or the Earth itself for that matter.

Mother Nature and the planet are going to sort their own shit out either way.
DeLevering since 1999.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I agree Doc, over 4.6 billion years of climate change by forces our species will never control and are still learning the existence of.

And yes Donny, snot nosed kids who don't know the difference between weather and climate can stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

We can still do a better job of not shitting in our own beds and we have been making huge strides in that over the past century.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Reminds me of when Leo DeCaprio was filming "The Revenant" in Alberta a few years back. He said he witnessed climate change first hand in Alberta. What he experienced was a regular Chinook which can raise the air temperature from -25 deg C to +5 deg C in a matter of a couple of hours. He thought it was due to climate change :roll:

BTW - Chinooks are what make winters bearable in Alberta. You get a couple of cold weeks and then a nice break with temperatures above freezing for anywhere from a couple of days to a week, before it gets cold again for a couple of weeks.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

BCExpat wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:49 am Reminds me of when Leo DeCaprio was filming "The Revenant" in Alberta a few years back. He said he witnessed climate change first hand in Alberta. What he experienced was a regular Chinook which can raise the air temperature from -25 deg C to +5 deg C in a matter of a couple of hours. He thought it was due to climate change :roll:

BTW - Chinooks are what make winters bearable in Alberta. You get a couple of cold weeks and then a nice break with temperatures above freezing for anywhere from a couple of days to a week, before it gets cold again for a couple of weeks.
Several years ago, Leo showed up in Belize, bought and promised a state of the art eco friendly resort island.$1.75mil purchase price and the promise of jobs and tax revenue seduced the government and many locals. Never been built partly because environmental groups say it will destroy mangrove and fish breeding grounds.

Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:02 am And yes Donny, snot nosed kids who don't know the difference between weather and climate can stick it where the sun doesn't shine.
You mean.....

:look:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Is someone suggesting a recapture penalty :D
el rey del mambo
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:59 pm Is someone suggesting a recapture penalty :D

donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

...so moreso a life sentence as opposed to a simple penalty then.
DeLevering since 1999.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:17 pm
donlever wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:56 pm Deleting my posts is cleaning up the thread?

Okay then.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the only one of yours I deleted was the one where you complained about all the off-topic posts.

That was my intent at least, I normally would have moved them all but I was in a hurry...
Ahh yes, in the other one you quoted one of the deleted off-topic posts... so it had to go.

The Earth's climate has always changed and always will (before humans, after humans).

I don't believe humans can adjust the world's climate (and if they could they'd fuck it up).

I believe the astronomers are correct in predicting the next Maunder Minimum is on the way.

If anything us pumping a shit ton of co2 into the atmosphere could help stabilize some of the cooling effect from the solar changes. Historically speaking we’ve had waay higher co2 levels in this planets past, and during those times we had abundance of plant growth, the idea that carbon is evil has got to be one of the dumbest ideas humans have come up with, we’re goddamn carbon based life forms!!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I'm a strong advocate for converting plant matter into carbon
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:54 pm I'm a strong advocate for converting plant matter into carbon
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:30 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:17 pm

Okay then.

If anything us pumping a shit ton of co2 into the atmosphere could help stabilize some of the cooling effect from the solar changes. Historically speaking we’ve had waay higher co2 levels in this planets past, and during those times we had abundance of plant growth, the idea that carbon is evil has got to be one of the dumbest ideas humans have come up with, we’re goddamn carbon based life forms!!
Carbon is not evil per se, but if we keep releasing millions of years worth of CO2 in the atmosphere in mere decades, it can destabilize the climate we’re adapted to. Yes, CO2 levels have been higher, but that’s like hundreds of millions years ago, and back then there were no mammals, or at least no mammals bigger than a rat.

We’re not going to destroy the planet, the planet will be fine. It may just become unsuitable for mammals (and many other species, like corals and frogs, etc). But there will certainly be lots of plants and maybe there could be a comeback for dinosaur-like animals. The birds are the last surviving dinosaurs, maybe they can do a sort of back-to-the-future evolution/devolution and reclaim the planet?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

How is it possible that the world is warming twice as fast as the rest of the world? :lol:

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

COP26 is a joke.

You’re all fucking doomed and you know it.

I was a part of COP21 in Paris*, even that was too late.

Extreme weather, wild fires, droughts, heatwaves is here to stay my friends.

Spidey will be laughing and waving to you inside the BioDome bubble as yer air runs out ‘cause he got in with the hot Envirochicks ™ while y’all were busy playing with your phallic trucks :lol: :devil: :rockin: :towel:

*it’s all too true, I was trained as a Climate Leader by Al Gore’s sexy francophone minions in Montreal :mrgreen:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)