Cannabis Cultivation Business

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Cannabis Cultivation Business

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Went to one of my steel fabricators shop yesterday in Richmond in a complex of warehouses. Checking out some of his projects in the shop, one was a giant cannabis rack he’s fabricating for a grower. He said there are 6 licensed cultivators in the complex his shop is in. I gather it’s a bit of a gold rush industry right now but he says the problem is there are too many people getting into the business and the money ain’t as good as you think it is, not to mention it costs $250,000 initial operating set up costs. Curious if anyone knows a bit about the industry, the licensed grower side, not the Cousin Strawberry grow op in his C-Can in the woods of his sprawling hillbilly back yard version
“Benning should fired for not drafting Jack Wise” - Doyle Hargraves
Topper
CC Legend

Re: Cannabis Cultivation Business

Post by Topper »

Drove through Westwold Saturday and Tuesday, huge outdoor grow op in full skunk. I'm sure the neighbours are impressed.

The start up costs on the outdoor operations must be wild. 10' perimeter fence topped with razor wire and 2 or 3 security cameras on every second post.

Several Jr mining companies were bought as shells and spun into grow companies. Investment flooded in but returns have been dismal and money is draining out while operations are shuttered. A corporate lawyer advised one of my clients that anyone involved with one of these grow companies could face international travel difficulties.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:43 am Drove through Westwold Saturday and Tuesday, huge outdoor grow op in full skunk. I'm sure the neighbours are impressed.

The start up costs on the outdoor operations must be wild. 10' perimeter fence topped with razor wire and 2 or 3 security cameras on every second post.

Several Jr mining companies were bought as shells and spun into grow companies. Investment flooded in but returns have been dismal and money is draining out while operations are shuttered. A corporate lawyer advised one of my clients that anyone involved with one of these grow companies could face international travel difficulties.
Yeah apparently the money isn’t that good, too many flooding the industry, expensive start up requirements to be licensed
“Benning should fired for not drafting Jack Wise” - Doyle Hargraves
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Like a lot of people I just grow my own. The four plant max is enough to supply anyone not named Cuz for years with just one growing season.

If the money isn't good there must be a lot of downward pressure on retail prices. Are prices dropping and driving the black market out of business?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Fuck growing it. Just buy it and enjoy.

I've grown a bunch of times and it's honestly not worth the bullshit

I toss some seeds in a pot every spring, add Holland secrets fertilizer mix at flower and get outdoor buds by fall that's about as devoted as I get
If you need air...call it in
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:01 pm Fuck growing it. Just buy it and enjoy.

I've grown a bunch of times and it's honestly not worth the bullshit

I toss some seeds in a pot every spring, add Holland secrets fertilizer mix at flower and get outdoor buds by fall that's about as devoted as I get
Can't be all that hard. We have wild help growing all around us here. I let it grow into full bushes on the (former) school grounds.
2022 - Playoff Bound
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

It's not hard at all. Not much more effort required than Cuz describes.

Trimming your buds is a bit laborious, but a good stone and some tunes helps. I think I spent about 8 hours on it this year and I have enough weed for the next 5 years!

I'm still smoking the stuff I grew 3 years ago even after gifting half of it to friends and family!