Movie Thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Strangelove »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:21 pm Signs was great! Doc clearly was smoking shitty grass

They lack opposable thumbs dammit

:evil:

(On their world everything operates telepathically....especially pantry's)
:lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

donlever wrote: Good call Leves.....
Who Doc wants us to think he is......

Who Doc really is......

Who Doc is in the off-season (or during any forum skirmish)......
.....wouldn't ya say Vin? :P
Vin Tanner wrote:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Get your vans America! It’s the future. Your poor is growing leaps and bounds. Nomadland! Great movie!

“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Becoming Led Zeppelin in release at the Venice Flim Festival.

Fully authorized and sanctioned auto-bio of the band including up to date interviews with Page, Plant and Jones and archival discussions with Bonzo.

DeLevering since 1999.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I’ll enjoy that….. 8-)
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Speaking of Music Docs, I watched "Rumble: The Indians Who Rocked the World" - a good background to music history, if maybe a little overstated in places - but interesting.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Not sure if we brought this one up here before but re-watched The Usual Suspects last night (a reasonably acceptable pleasantry of this Pandemic being I can catch up on old films I haven't seen in years and introduce my gal to them at the same time.

Really enjoyed it (once again) and what a solid cast.

Irrespective of his issues Spacey is a solid actor....
DeLevering since 1999.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

donlever wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:44 am Not sure if we brought this one up here before but re-watched The Usual Suspects last night (a reasonably acceptable pleasantry of this Pandemic being I can catch up on old films I haven't seen in years and introduce my gal to them at the same time.

Really enjoyed it (once again) and what a solid cast.

Irrespective of his issues Spacey is a solid actor....
Hes a great actor. What issues has he had? Was it the gay groping thing?
If you need air...call it in
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:49 am Hes a great actor. What issues has he had? Was it the gay groping thing?
...didn't pay a great deal of attention to it but it strikes me that it may have at some point involved underage individual(s).

Allegedly allegedly allegedly...I am not making any statement of fact nor suggesting guilt in any way....allegedly....
DeLevering since 1999.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

donlever wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:53 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:49 am Hes a great actor. What issues has he had? Was it the gay groping thing?
...didn't pay a great deal of attention to it but it strikes me that it may have at some point involved underage individual(s).

Allegedly allegedly allegedly...I am not making any statement of fact nor suggesting guilt in any way....allegedly....
Wasnt that the script for American Beauty? Or was there a real, parallel event stream going down?
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Since October 2017, when BuzzFeed published allegations made by actor Anthony Rapp that Spacey made a sexual advance toward Rapp when Rapp was 14, more than 30 people have come forward with their own allegations against Spacey, with accounts ranging from harassment to attempted rape.

Allegedly allegedly allegedly- cut and pasted from an internet article which was Googled....no accusatory intent made by the CC user.....allegedly...
DeLevering since 1999.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Oh.

Well thats uncool if its true but maybe hes just a little grabby like Biden. He still became president with all those sniffing weirdities
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:14 am Oh.

Well thats uncool if its true but maybe hes just a little grabby like Biden. He still became president with all those sniffing weirdities
Interestingly, in a parallel universe, Spacey was President for a while there as well no?
DeLevering since 1999.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

donlever wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:16 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:14 am Oh.

Interestingly, in a parallel universe, Spacey was President for a while there as well no?
:wow:

You are correct!

bubble bubble bubble

It must mean something
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

donlever wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:53 am

It was during the pound hashtag metoo rage of a few years back.