UFO’s and Dinosaurs vs the Bible

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: UFO’s and Dinosaurs vs the Bible

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Wtf was this thing? Photos taken by a US sub off the coast of iceland in 1971 but more recently released amid disclosure

http://www.curiosonews.com.br/especiais ... 20agora/
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nation ... -1.3715772

STASI: Experts fear alien invasion would be more like 'Independence Day' than 'E.T.'

Fucking aliens...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://www.livescience.com/62015-steph ... uotes.html
"One day, we might receive a signal from a planet like this," Stephen Hawking said, referring to the potentially habitable alien planet Gliese 832c. "But we should be wary of answering back. Meeting an advanced civilization could be like Native Americans encountering Columbus. That didn't turn out so well."
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Well theyre abducting us for some reason and i bet its not to broaden their knowledge. Maybe theyre looking into how we are able to resist the microbial pathogens that are likely deadly for them.

Covid fucks up the aliens i bet
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:42 pm Well theyre abducting us for some reason and i bet its not to broaden their knowledge. Maybe theyre looking into how we are able to resist the microbial pathogens that are likely deadly for them.

Covid fucks up the aliens i bet
Yeah maybe. :)

Twas nice of us to send them the 2 Voyagers to show them how desirable our planet is, along with directions on how to get here.

H'YUK!

Oh, and I sure hope they enjoyed the naked pics! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Bob and Doug go to space

Beauty Eh!

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The real reason the Dude hates Christianity, 50 years ago:

____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 2:17 pm .
The real reason the Dude hates Christianity, 50 years ago:

:lol:

I had to watch that a few times

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

AG Barr attacks secularism

Print
February 27, 2020
Bill BarrAttorney General William Barr has yet again blamed the lack of religiosity in America for all of the country’s problems.

In remarks at the 2020 National Religious Broadcasters Convention yesterday, Feb. 26, Barr grossly misrepresented the American Founders’ views on the importance of religion, while giving lip service to the separation between state and church. He bizarrely claimed:

“Experience teaches that, to be strong enough to control willful human beings, moral values must be based on authority independent of man’s will. In other words, they must flow from a transcendent Supreme Being. Men are far likelier to obey rules that come from God than to abide by the abstract outcome of an ad hoc utilitarian calculus.”

Barr made it clear he does not think that laws should be based on trying to make the world a better place. Instead, he thinks that laws should seek to “control” humans by convincing them that if they do not obey the rules, they are displeasing a “Supreme Being.” There is a word for this approach to lawmaking: theocracy. In Barr’s case, he is a proponent of the Christian Nationalism version of theocracy.

In his address to the religious broadcasters, Barr castigated secular government as “totalitarian democracy,” “based on the idea that man is naturally good.” He defined “totalitarian democracy” as “almost always secular and materialistic.”

The Freedom From Religion Foundation condemns Barr’s distorted reading of secular government. America’s secular government allows people of all religious beliefs, and none at all, to work together to make the country better for everyone, without fear that the majority religious sect will impose their rules on the rest of the populace. Trying to control citizens with rules based on religion is thoroughly un-American and unconstitutional. It’s an embarrassing disgrace for the attorney general to endorse such an idea.

It is equally appalling that Barr implicitly condemns more than half a century of firm court precedent guaranteeing civil rights and liberties to both federal and state citizens (based on post-Civil War amendments to the U.S. Constitution). This includes voting rights, privacy rights such as abortion and contraception and LGBTQ equality, secular public education and other such basic liberties. Civil rights by definition should not depend on the state in which one happens to live — but that’s what Barr espouses when he condemns secular, utilitarian federal laws.

The western world has tried what Barr is proposing. The centuries-long humanitarian catastrophe that resulted — aptly called the “Dark Ages” — is what made the Founders of this country realize that religion and government should never be mixed. We must insist on exactly what Barr is attacking: laws that are aimed at making the world a better place for everyone, justified not by some religion’s promises of an eternal reward, but by the best available data and an appeal to universal moral principles. We must reject all calls for basing laws on religious doctrine. It’s dismaying and shameful that the U.S. attorney general, who is tasked with enforcing the law, is an enemy of true religious liberty
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

^ Not surprised that FFRF grabbed a few sentences out of Barr's speech and twisted the fuck outta them.

Here's the transcript of that speech:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/speech/atto ... oadcasters

The part your Freedom From Religion pals quoted clearly says humans need to be controlled by a set of moral values.

(aren't YOU controlled by a set of moral values Dude?)

Somehow these pants-pooping Chicken Littles contort that to him pushing for a Theocracy? :wow:

But that's okay Dude, I know what you're doing.

Find a headline that seems to tarnish someone in Lord Trump's administration and pass it on.

It's very Reeferish of you, but I forgive you because I know you have redeeming qualities. (smile)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doc, you know I love you bro, but I don’t need religion to find my moral compass.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

According to sociologist Phil Zuckerman, broad estimates of those who have an absence of belief in a deity range from 500 to 750 million people worldwide.

If Barr is correct there are over half a billion non believers world wide raping and pillaging???
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:38 pm Doc, you know I love you bro, but I don’t need religion to find my moral compass.
I'm not sure who you feel is pushing religion on you here, Barr or moi.

But we're not.

Again, Barr didn't say you need to be controlled by religion (as your article claims)

... he said you need to be controlled by your moral compass.

If you have a solid moral compass then Mr Barr feels you are a fine upstanding member of society.

It also means you agree with everything he actually said in his speech.

As for moi?

Why would I want you to be religious?

I've said it before... I'm not religious myself.

Now, would I like to see you begin a friendship with the creator of all things before you go tits-up?

Sure. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.