Pitt Meadows

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Pitt Meadows

Post by vic »

Family is thinking of moving to The Pitt this year, we're currently in Coquitlam but looking to downsize into a smaller house (and cheaper) to help pay off the mortgage and get that debt off our chest once and for all.

Anyone here live out there? What's it like?

Not concerned with nightlife, way past that in my life. Would prefer sitting in yard with friends and family and having a few cold ones with the grill fired up.

Commuting isn't that big an issue either as my research has shown the move wouldn't add anything significant to either the distance or time it takes to get too and from work.

More interested in the neighborhood, the noise from the train in various areas, the "walkability", weather compared to other areas of the LM, the community, what the schools are like (my daughter would start highschool if we moved and she is finishing up grade 7 right now).

I've read that it's not the greatest place for some who are in that "party mode" as Vancouver is so far away and transit still isn't great, even with the new bus service and sky train "close enough" in Coquitlam. We're we'll past that stage in our lives, and my daughter is years away from entering that stage of her life.

Any feedback world be appreciated.

Stay safe and healthy
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Pitt Meadows

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vic! Doyle is a Tri-Cities expert. Anything you need to know from Port Moody to Haney, he can tell you.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Pit is the first word
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Pitt Meadows isn’t in the Tri Cities. I like like parts of Pitt Meadows. I work out on Airport Way. It’s great, nice short commute. I prefer the area around Bonson Park. Friends of our live on Streamstone Walk. Very nice neighborhood in that area. Pitt Meadows is a lot nicer than Maple Ridge. You have to get past 240th before Ridge gets nice though there’s a pretty decent hood north of Dewdney.

There’s also a nice little park and shopping and townhouses right bear the Fraser River in Pitt that’s quite nice. It’s a two minute drive from where I work. I take the dog out for a walk that way on the odd weekend.
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So if I were to rank property values of the Tri Cities highest to lowest would it resemble this:

1. Port Moody
2. Pitt Meadows
3. Maple Ridge
4. Mission
5. Haney
6. Port Coquitlam
7. Coquitlam
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:47 am So if I were to rank property values of the Tri Cities highest to lowest would it resemble this:

1. Port Moody
2. Pitt Meadows
3. Maple Ridge
4. Mission
5. Haney
6. Port Coquitlam
7. Coquitlam
No.

Belcarra
Anmore
Port Moody
Coquitlam
Poco
Pitt Meadows
Maple Ridge
Mission
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I know a dude who bought 7 acres in Harrison Mills near the Sasquatch Inn, Sandpiper golf course. That’s nice up there
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:04 am I know a dude who bought 7 acres in Harrison Mills near the Sasquatch Inn, Sandpiper golf course. That’s nice up there
I really like it out there. An hr closer to our property out there. Two hrs to Kamloops or Kelowna from there.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:41 am Pitt Meadows isn’t in the Tri Cities. I like like parts of Pitt Meadows. I work out on Airport Way. It’s great, nice short commute. I prefer the area around Bonson Park. Friends of our live on Streamstone Walk. Very nice neighborhood in that area. Pitt Meadows is a lot nicer than Maple Ridge. You have to get past 240th before Ridge gets nice though there’s a pretty decent hood north of Dewdney.

There’s also a nice little park and shopping and townhouses right bear the Fraser River in Pitt that’s quite nice. It’s a two minute drive from where I work. I take the dog out for a walk that way on the odd weekend.
We have family in Silver Valley, seems alright, plenty of nice houses.

Last summer I did a double-take when I drove by a black bear moving along the sidewalk though. :drink:

I feel like there are a lot of tree-huggers around there who figure wildlife are more important than humans.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:18 pm
I feel like there are a lot of tree-huggers around there who figure wildlife are more important than humans.
You mean they're not? :/
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cornuck wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:32 pm
You mean they're not? :/
:(
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I once wired a grow show out there...my payment was a QP, an old Chevy van and half the back of that van of stereo parts
If you need air...call it in
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:41 am Pitt Meadows isn’t in the Tri Cities. I like like parts of Pitt Meadows. I work out on Airport Way. It’s great, nice short commute. I prefer the area around Bonson Park. Friends of our live on Streamstone Walk. Very nice neighborhood in that area. Pitt Meadows is a lot nicer than Maple Ridge. You have to get past 240th before Ridge gets nice though there’s a pretty decent hood north of Dewdney.

We have family in Silver Valley, seems alright, plenty of nice houses.

Last summer I did a double-take when I drove by a black bear moving along the sidewalk though. :drink:

Silver Valley is nice, but there's nothing around there. Close to schools is key, as is close to town (including transit, parks, shopping)

If we could find a place in Coquitlam where we didn't need to take the car out to do basic tasks like buying a coffee or getting the kid to school then great. But right now, where we live, even going out for a decent bike ride requires loading them up on the car and driving somewhere where it's fun and not a massive workout.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:51 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:47 am So if I were to rank property values of the Tri Cities highest to lowest would it resemble this:

1. Port Moody
2. Pitt Meadows
3. Maple Ridge
4. Mission
5. Haney
6. Port Coquitlam
7. Coquitlam
No.

Belcarra
Anmore
Port Moody
Coquitlam
Poco
Pitt Meadows
Maple Ridge
Mission
Where’s Haney on that list?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Haney is an area of Maple Ridge. As is Whonnock, Ruskin, Silver Valley, Hammond and Webster’s Corners.