We're All Doomed!™ (the Conquest, War, Famine, and Death Thread)

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: We're All Doomed!™ (the Conquest, War, Famine, and Death Thread)

Post by Strangelove »

5thhorseman wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:35 am
Per wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:01 am
Topper wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:35 pm correlation is not the same as causation

those interpreting the original study clearly need to evolve their thought processes.
They didn’t suggest not taking the vaccine caused the accidents.

They suggested that the common denominator could be distrust in authorities and unwillingness to follow recommendations, perhaps including stop signs, speed limits or laws against drinking and driving.
This part of the article seems the most ludicrous:

The findings are significant enough that primary care doctors should consider counseling unvaccinated patients on traffic safety
Indeed.

Also ludicrous:

Insurance companies might base changes to insurance policies on vaccination data

(they're talking automobile insurance there)

But then ludicrousness runs amok these days.

Devolution.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Automobile insurance is crazy. I mean, we had two cars, and since my wife died my youngest daughter is the only one driving the smaller car. She is 25 and has a job, so I was thinking of just giving her the car, but then I double checked, and the car insurance would cost twice as much for her than it does for me. Ludicrous. So I still own the car and she drives it. :look:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

They don't do auto insurance that way here.

They go by the driver who drives the car most.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

2Fingers wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:57 am
Per wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:01 am They suggested that the common denominator could be distrust in authorities and unwillingness to follow recommendations, perhaps including stop signs, speed limits or laws against drinking and driving.
Exactly - I am not going to do 30km in a school zone. I will do what I want, I won’t be controlled by the government. It’s against my rights. The queen of Canada said it was ok.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/-CCaJLR1zhQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMFrOIebS0k

These governments weren't "following the science."

The mandates applied to the unvaccinated were unjustified and unnecessary.

"You can't attend this Canucks game or eat in this restaurant if unvaccinated. PAPERS PLEASE!!"

... well that was just utterly ridiculous (and a lot of us said so at the time).

Blindly following every demand of dirty fucking lying politicians has always been detrimental to a society/civilization.

A society/state which blindly follows the demands of their dirty fucking politicians is one which is devolving.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:27 pm They don't do auto insurance that way here.

Makes more sense, but how would they know?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Per wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:16 am
Strangelove wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:27 pm They don't do auto insurance that way here.

They don’t know. They are a bunch of buffoons. Half the people out there lie and just put pleasure insurance on their sled instead of to and from work to save money. When they used to have air care people down on the coast insured their vehicles in rural areas where air care wasn’t applicable, to save the fees or the hassle of a failed test. Same thing with kids driving the parents vehicle. Insurance is up the ass for kids.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:05 am

They don’t know. They are a bunch of buffoons. Half the people out there lie and just put pleasure insurance on their sled instead of to and from work to save money. When they used to have air care people down on the coast insured their vehicles in rural areas where air care wasn’t applicable, to save the fees or the hassle of a failed test. Same thing with kids driving the parents vehicle. Insurance is up the ass for kids.
Those people are idiots. If they get sued and ICBC finds out they're not correctly insured, they're fucked. And the whole point of insurance is to not get fucked. It makes no sense.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

5thhorseman wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:18 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:05 am

Those people are idiots. If they get sued and ICBC finds out they're not correctly insured, they're fucked. And the whole point of insurance is to not get fucked. It makes no sense.
Yup, dumb shits. I know someone in the ICBC legal dept. They live for these clowns and it isn't difficult to to prove they are lying. I recall he called me one day because a file he had was heading to court and for whatever reason they had the clown's resume. I was listed as a reference on the CV even though I'd fired the guy. Dumb shit.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I didn’t say they were crafty. I just said it’s done and it’s rampant. We are taxed up the ass and everyone is trying to save a Buck. I don’t do it other than when I used to insure my old Chevy truck at my uncles place because it would never pass air care. I rarely drove it and I was back and forth between the interior, so pretty tough to nail me down.

I’m just saying it’s a real thing. I know a few people way up in ICBC. It ain’t worth getting pinched because your insurance becomes null and void. With all the cameras everywhere and then knowing a dude’s work schedule, you’d have to be a Gomer107.

My sled is insured to the nutsack.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:32 pmI don’t do it other than when I used to insure my old Chevy truck at my uncles place because it would never pass air care. I rarely drove it and I was back and forth between the interior, so pretty tough to nail me down.
Is that the vehicle you used while throwing the Molotov cocktail through your neighbours window at the lake?

"Tough to nail me down" lol.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

5thhorseman wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:16 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:32 pmI don’t do it other than when I used to insure my old Chevy truck at my uncles place because it would never pass air care. I rarely drove it and I was back and forth between the interior, so pretty tough to nail me down.
Is that the vehicle you used while throwing the Molotov cocktail through your neighbours window at the lake?

We should get a crew together and meet up and head into town in the back of that thing for the next hockey riot.
el rey del mambo
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Oh no you di'n't!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol that’s an interesting story

You have an imagination like the Chef.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob trimming the verge like Samwise Ganja
If you need air...call it in
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:33 pm
Oh no you di'n't!
I don't make this shit up ...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12170&p=490451&hili ... ow#p490451