We're All Doomed!™ (the Conquest, War, Famine, and Death Thread)

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: We're All Doomed!™ (the Conquest, War, Famine, and Death Thread)

Post by Per »

Over five million people have officially fallen victim to the coronavirus. But news magazine The Economist estimates that the pandemic's true death toll is four times higher by calculating with almost 20 million excess deaths worldwide. The official COVID toll could just be the tip of the iceberg.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

On the whole, COVID-19 is much more deadly than the flu, and more likely to result in severe illness and hospitalization. "Compared to the 0.01% case fatality rate for influenza, the case fatality rate for COVID-19 is 0.2%," says Dr. Barros.
https://www.health.com/condition/flu/flu-vs-covid
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://twitter.com/drdavidsamadi/statu ... 8580335621
Dr. David Samadi
@drdavidsamadi

The FDA wants the public to wait until the year 2076 - a full 55 years - for them to release the information it relied on to deem Pfizer's vaccine safe for usage.

They said they can release 500 pages a month for the next 659 months.

That makes me want to see the data right now.

5:45 PM · Nov 17, 2021
https://aaronsiri.substack.com/p/fda-as ... ished=true
FDA Asks Federal Judge to Grant it Until the Year 2076 to Fully Release Pfizer’s COVID-19 Vaccine Data

So, let’s get this straight. The federal government shields Pfizer from liability. Gives it billions of dollars. Makes Americans take its product. But won’t let you see the data supporting its product’s safety and efficacy. Who does the government work for?

The lesson yet again is that civil and individual rights should never be contingent upon a medical procedure. Everyone who wants to get vaccinated and boosted should be free to do so. But nobody should be coerced by the government to partake in any medical procedure. Certainly not one where the government wants to hide the full information relied upon for its licensure until the year 2076!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEcNlibVQAEjGo1.jpg
____
Try to focus on someday.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:06 pm https://twitter.com/drdavidsamadi/statu ... 8580335621
Dr. David Samadi
@drdavidsamadi

The FDA wants the public to wait until the year 2076 - a full 55 years - for them to release the information it relied on to deem Pfizer's vaccine safe for usage.

They said they can release 500 pages a month for the next 659 months.

That makes me want to see the data right now.

5:45 PM · Nov 17, 2021
https://aaronsiri.substack.com/p/fda-as ... ished=true
FDA Asks Federal Judge to Grant it Until the Year 2076 to Fully Release Pfizer’s COVID-19 Vaccine Data

So, let’s get this straight. The federal government shields Pfizer from liability. Gives it billions of dollars. Makes Americans take its product. But won’t let you see the data supporting its product’s safety and efficacy. Who does the government work for?

The lesson yet again is that civil and individual rights should never be contingent upon a medical procedure. Everyone who wants to get vaccinated and boosted should be free to do so. But nobody should be coerced by the government to partake in any medical procedure. Certainly not one where the government wants to hide the full information relied upon for its licensure until the year 2076!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEcNlibVQAEjGo1.jpg
They say they're understaffed but one would think they have all that info in digital format.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Schadenfreude has never been a good look.

Same goes for www.sorryantivaxxer.com.

I also used to follow the FB group "Things anti-vaxxers say". Absolutely hilarious, but eventually the holier than thou attitude of the medical professionals commenting there becomes too much.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

5thhorseman wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:50 pm

I also used to follow the FB group "Things anti-vaxxers say". Absolutely hilarious, but eventually the holier than thou attitude of the medical professionals commenting there becomes too much.
Medical professionals are assholes.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Mëds wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:53 pm
5thhorseman wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:50 pm

Medical professionals are assholes.
I guess if you study long enough then you feel entitled to feel superior.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

5thhorseman wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:02 am
Mëds wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:53 pm Medical professionals are assholes.
I guess if you study long enough then you feel entitled to feel superior.
Unlike hockey fans.... ;)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

New covid variant detected in South Africa.
Several European countries are banning flights to and from several African countries.

Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Per wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:29 am New covid variant detected in South Africa.
Several European countries are banning flights to and from several African countries.

When are they going to explain the reason for why this thing is mutating so quickly and all of these variants popping up?

I'm subscribing to the theory that we vaccinated during a pandemic and have forced this before hitting a proper herd immunity to the original virus.

Either that or they need to start shooting the media types that are trying to sow fear like there's no tomorrow.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

I am trying to stay away from putting up any more links this thread Mëds.

However.

Have you seen any of the Dr. John youtube vids?
DeLevering since 1999.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

donlever wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:54 am I am trying to stay away from putting up any more links this thread Mëds.

However.

Have you seen any of the Dr. John youtube vids?
Had to go check who that was (so obviously not a ton). But yeah, I've see a couple. He's quite good.....it's a shame that everyone isn't willing to simply breakdown the evidence and studies the way he is and simply call things as they are in a neutral manner.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Mëds wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:31 am When are they going to explain the reason for why this thing is mutating so quickly and all of these variants popping up?

I'm subscribing to the theory that we vaccinated during a pandemic and have forced this before hitting a proper herd immunity to the original virus.

Either that or they need to start shooting the media types that are trying to sow fear like there's no tomorrow.
The more infections we have the more chances the virus has to mutate. So letting the virus spread unchecked throughout the population (which is what I assume you mean by "proper herd immunity") would actually increase the number of mutations.

How have vaccinations forced mutations, according to your theory?