We're All Doomed!™ (the Conquest, War, Famine, and Death Thread)

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: We're All Doomed!™ (the Conquest, War, Famine, and Death Thread)

Post by Strangelove »

I... NEED IT... to be real!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:33 pm I... NEED IT... to be real!
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Staged, even pilots aren't that big of twats.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Well you must admit it was a nice fantasy...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

A lot of pregnant women have abstained from getting vaccinated out of fear that the vaccine could hurt their unborn child. This is a legitimate concern. There’s a history of new medicines hitting the market that later turn out to have harmful effects on a foetus if taken during pregnancy.

As we get more information about the covid vaccines it has become obvious though that this behaviour, as logical as it is regarding new medicine, needs to change in regard to the vaccine.

There has so far not been any evidence of side effects from the vaccine on unborn children. There is no increase in risk of premature birth, stillbirth or birth defects.

But it has been shown that pregnant women that catch covid are twice as likely to be hospitalized as non-pregnant adults of the same age group. Covid during pregnancy also significantly raises the risk of premature birth or stillbirth.

Therefor it is clearly in the best interest of both the pregnant woman and her unborn child to get the vaccine.

So far three pregnant women have died from covid in Sweden. In two cases the unborn child died as well.
In one case the child was saved.

Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:28 pm Staged, even pilots aren't that big of twats.
:lol:

I love pilots <3

I’ve convinced 3 cowards to get vaccinated now.
True stories, I’ll post about them later… things of beauty (I’m such a goddamn mannippleater).

Tell me your double shoted so I don’t have to come into the bush with my Spidey exoskeleton transformer suit and inject you with its phallic-like needle in the arse muscle (you’ll be sore for days…..days I tells youse!!!!!! :mrgreen: )
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Per wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:29 am A lot of pregnant women have abstained from getting vaccinated out of fear that the vaccine could hurt their unborn child. This is a legitimate concern. There’s a history of new medicines hitting the market that later turn out to have harmful effects on a foetus if taken during pregnancy.

As we get more information about the covid vaccines it has become obvious though that this behaviour, as logical as it is regarding new medicine, needs to change in regard to the vaccine.

There has so far not been any evidence of side effects from the vaccine on unborn children. There is no increase in risk of premature birth, stillbirth or birth defects.

But it has been shown that pregnant women that catch covid are twice as likely to be hospitalized as non-pregnant adults of the same age group. Covid during pregnancy also significantly raises the risk of premature birth or stillbirth.

Therefor it is clearly in the best interest of both the pregnant woman and her unborn child to get the vaccine.

So far three pregnant women have died from covid in Sweden. In two cases the unborn child died as well.
In one case the child was saved.

Pros versus cons my friend.

Risk/reward.

In the end it is not a personal choice anymore.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Arachnid wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:06 am
Tell me your double shoted so I don’t have to come into the bush with my Spidey exoskeleton transformer suit and inject you with its phallic-like needle in the arse muscle (you’ll be sore for days…..days I tells youse!!!!!! :mrgreen: )
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:31 am
Arachnid wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:06 am
Clearly, Topper is not on top of things…

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Someone on here tried to shit talk Topper once and called him "Bottomer"

It was an underrated insult in my opinion
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BoS
AHL Prospect

Post by BoS »

So the US intercepts intel last week that Iran is planning an attack on Israel. Some 300 or so missiles launched from Iran yesterday, and word out of Israel is most were shot down. Jordan had fighter jets shooting them down, whilst Saudi Arabia closed their air space.

Bidan advised Ben last night that Israel has US full support in defence, BUT will NOT condone an attack on Iran.

Iran look like bumbling fools today.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I think Iran felt they needed to 'respond' but also didn't want to poke the bear. They sent 300 missiles and likely expected them all to get shot down. But at least they 'responded' and with luck Israel Netanyahu won't do something stupid now again.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Cheap drones and other weapons that have more than enough to spare, can be sent thousands of miles to deplete the expensive iron dome batteries of Israel... missiles once spent will be hard or even unlikely to be replenished by US and allies. Makes sense.

Netanyahu has been doing lots stupid things to try to drag the US into a regional war. Once that happens, it's WWIII and the world is fcuk'd. Heck, it might already be WWIII. Biden will talk mumble but no American seriously wants to get involved because there will be no proxies for this fight. Even congress is turning on them now.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Iran also seized a ship in the Gulf the same day. Boarding the ship by repelling from helicopters.

It is believed Saudi did more than close their airspace. US and British planes also took part in downing the Iranian invasion.

Iran is becoming increasing isolated by their action.

Time for the US to stop funding "humanitarian aid" so the regime in Tehran can use their resources for military purposes and for another software bombing of Iran's nuclear program.

170 fewer drones for Iran to sell to Russia for use in the Ukraine
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.