We're All Doomed!™ (the Conquest, War, Famine, and Death Thread)

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: We're All Doomed!™ (the Conquest, War, Famine, and Death Thread)

Post by Strangelove »

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/cnn ... 30117.html
CNN announced Wednesday that teen climate activist Greta Thunberg is in the lineup for a Thursday town hall on the coronavirus, baffling observers and drawing heavy scorn from critics.

Thunberg will join former acting Centers for Disease Control and Prevention director Richard Besser and former Department of Health and Human Services secretary Kathleen Sebelius on the panel. The 8 p.m. ET program will be hosted by Anderson Cooper and Dr. Sanjay Gupta.

“Is there anyone at CNN with any level of self-awareness? Featuring Greta Thunberg on a covid-19 expert panel is just beyond words. I actually cannot believe they are this insane/stupid.”

Stephen L Miller tweeted sarcastically, “She’s a virologist now? Amazing. Multiple science degrees at such a young age. An incredible inspiration to us all.”
Lmao CNN you eediots...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Doc - you forget the hashtag - #nottheonion :lol:
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Now she's one of the world's top experts on climate change and infectious diseases!

Just imagine what she will accomplish after she graduates from high school!! :lol:

Fucking fucked up world...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Strangelove wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:28 pm Now she's one of the world's top experts on climate change and infectious diseases!

Just imagine what she will accomplish after she graduates from high school!! :lol:

One could call her a 'stable genius' :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

el rey del mambo
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:28 pm Now she's one of the world's top experts on climate change and infectious diseases!

If she ever attends school.

Is Biden on the panel as well? He likes girls with pigtails.

How the fuck is she getting another 15 minutes?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

If Quebec really desires to separate from Canada, I think now is the time.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:19 am If Quebec really desires to separate from Canada, I think now is the time.
What have they done now?

Can we vote them out of confederation? I'd love to know how many canadians would kick them out
If you need air...call it in
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:48 am

If she ever attends school.
Basically a straight A student.

B in home ec, PE, and Swedish
A in art, biology, chemistry, physics, English, French, history, civics, religion, geography, maths, technology, music and crafts.

She only skipped Fridays, and I assume her teachers gave her assignments to make up for what she missed.

She graduated from the Swedish 9 year mandatory primary school last spring but has not attended school this year.
She decided to take a year off before starting our equivalant of high school.
I assume she should be back in school again next fall.

I think she’ll do just fine. Like many others with Asperger’s she seems to do well in academics, and she will probably be able to find a job that suits her. Could probably go into politics when she gets older. I’m sure the Green Party would love to have her on the balott. Or if she prefers to join Greenpeace, Extinction Rebellion or some similar organisation.

https://www.dn.se/nyheter/greta-thunber ... lla-amnen/
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:33 am
Topper wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:19 am If Quebec really desires to separate from Canada, I think now is the time.
What have they done now?

Can we vote them out of confederation? I'd love to know how many canadians would kick them out
I’ve long suggested that they should have their own team at the world championships. Should be on par with Finland and the Czechs and could challenge for medals on a regular basis. Canada has enough depth to afford losing them and still start all tournaments as the favourites to win.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Per wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:29 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:33 am
What have they done now?

I’ve long suggested that they should have their own team at the world championships. Should be on par with Finland and the Czechs and could challenge for medals on a regular basis. Canada has enough depth to afford losing them and still start all tournaments as the favourites to win.
Canada should send teams from Ontario, BC, Quebec, and maybe a Alberta/Sask/Manitoba Prairie team for the World Cup or whatever the next best on best tournament would be. Give the other teams a chance.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hargraves has altered his appearance a few times during the pandemic. The seven week beard is gone. The hair has grown back after my kids shaved my dome. And now my daughter gave me an eyebrow like Charlie Puth. I’m thinking hard about bleaching my hair this weekend.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 7:00 am Hargraves has altered his appearance a few times during the pandemic. The seven week beard is gone. The hair has grown back after my kids shaved my dome. And now my daughter gave me an eyebrow like Charlie Puth. I’m thinking hard about bleaching my hair this weekend.
Itll for sure help u score wang at the gay bars
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 7:44 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 7:00 am Hargraves has altered his appearance a few times during the pandemic. The seven week beard is gone. The hair has grown back after my kids shaved my dome. And now my daughter gave me an eyebrow like Charlie Puth. I’m thinking hard about bleaching my hair this weekend.
Itll for sure help u score wang at the gay bars
That’s the Chef’s scene. He used to ride the trapeze at the Dufferin
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I imagine Doyle looks like a heavy set Joes Exotic these days singing his country tunes
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau