We're All Doomed!™ (the Conquest, War, Famine, and Death Thread)

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: We're All Doomed!™ (the Conquest, War, Famine, and Death Thread)

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hey! That wasnt derogatory at all...

:scowl:
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:28 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:38 am Let’s face it, Vancouver is a shit show now because we were too welcoming of foreign investment after Expo 86, biggest mistake. We small city syndrome and wanted to compete with Toronto and Montreal. I hate to over development of this city, it’s fucking gross. The city has lost its identity. I’m no racist, but we opened this city up way too much, now my kids and their kids will never be able to afford a house here not to mention I don’t recognize this city anymore. Vancouver definitely doesn’t feel like home anymore. I’m outta here as soon as soon as I retire
I thought you just had one kid.

Yes the city is an urban blight. It’s infrastructure is fifty years behind where it should be, the housing prices have rocketed out of control. I’m gone somewhere between 5 - 8 years. I’ve lived here for all my 50 years and it isn’t home to me either.
One of my own, two step children
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Somewhere...out there....theres a dude thats thinking:

Hey Chef....how your wife and my kids

:lol:
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:36 pm 1000 + cases. They should have tear gassed or fire hosed all those losers on Granville St on Saturday. I’m not racial profiling but there was a high pctg of South Asians down there looking at video and pictures. Then they go back home to their own home of 20. Not surprising Fraser Health and in particular Surrey/Langley/Abbotsford is getting annihilated by Covid right now.
Chilliwack sports organisations are putting all activities on hold as of today. No signs of halting anything in Langley/Abby as of now afaik.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

"'COVID, COVID, COVID, COVID.' By the way, on November 4 you won't hear about it anymore," Trump said as the audience cheered...
https://www.newsweek.com/us-cases-hit-n ... -4-1541912

So I guess the Pandemic is over now in the US of A? :thumbs:
When does the NHL start?

Sadly, it is spiking all over Europe. :(

The second wave is here. :evil:

Pls note the difference in altitude between the first wave (March-April) and th ecurrent one... :shock:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Per wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:10 am
"'COVID, COVID, COVID, COVID.' By the way, on November 4 you won't hear about it anymore," Trump said as the audience cheered...
https://www.newsweek.com/us-cases-hit-n ... -4-1541912

So I guess the Pandemic is over now in the US of A? :thumbs:
When does the NHL start?

Sadly, it is spiking all over Europe. :(

The second wave is here. :evil:

Pls note the difference in altitude between the first wave (March-April) and th ecurrent one... :shock:
One big difference is that the northern hemisphere is moving into colder weather and thus more people are inside. When it started big in March and then moved into spring we had the whole country locked down and slowly people went outside. Now it is cold and rainy (at least in Canada) so epople are having to stay home.

In BC there were over 400 positive cases yesterday, BUT only 1 person required hospital care and 5 were removed from intensive care. Numbers are just that, a number and it can be used anyway you want it to use. 400 positive cases does not bother me, it the # of people in hospital and yes I know more people testing positive will mean more people in the hospital.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

I'm sure you've all heard the news by now, but here it is anyways ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/09/heal ... fizer.html

Pfizer’s Early Data Shows Vaccine Is More Than 90% Effective

Pfizer announced stunning early results from its coronavirus vaccine trial, cementing the lead in a frenzied global race that has unfolded at record-breaking speed.

Canada already signed a deal with Pfizer back in August.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7251593/cana ... s-vaccine/

Canada inks deals with Pfizer, Moderna for coronavirus vaccine candidates

By Amanda Connolly Global News Posted August 5, 2020 8:29 am

The Canadian government has signed new deals with pharmaceutical firms Pfizer and Moderna to secure millions of doses in 2021 of the coronavirus vaccine candidates each company is currently developing.

Procurement Minister Anita Anand made the announcement on Wednesday morning after Pfizer tweeted news of its deal — which is a joint partnership with German biotech firm Biontech — shortly before markets opened earlier that day.

“We are increasingly focused on the next stage of our recovery, including preparing Canada for mass vaccinations,” said Anand in a press conference, stressing the need to diversify supply chains.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I am NOT letting the govt pump me full of nano-bots!

No way Jose.

:twisted:
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:02 pm I am NOT letting the govt pump me full of nano-bots!
too late....
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Cornuck wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:19 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:02 pm I am NOT letting the govt pump me full of nano-bots!
too late....
Yeah, I can dig it, man. You smoke that shit, everything kind of gets weird, you know what I mean? You hear that story about the g**ks putting chemicals in the grass, so we don't fight? So we become pacifists?
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Denmark to cull up to 17 million mink amid coronavirus fears

Denmark will cull all its mink - as many as 17 million - after a mutated form of coronavirus that can spread to humans was found on mink farms.

Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen said the mutated virus posed a "risk to the effectiveness" of a future Covid-19 vaccine.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54818615
el rey del mambo
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

No way Jose.

I'm with you on that. If enough other suckers get it, Covid will be under control and I won't need it.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

BCExpat wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:36 am

No way Jose.

I'm with you on that. If enough other suckers get it, Covid will be under control and I won't need it.
But how will you know if enough people in your area have been vaccinated? You can't rely on the national average.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

BCEP and i dont live in neighbourhoods. My closest neighbour is a herd of black angus on one side and a fox family living behind my shooting range going the other way

He has similar neighbours I'm pretty sure
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Funny thing is in the closest town to me, there is no pandemic. Nobody wears masks and nobody knows anyone who got it even.