We're All Doomed!™ (the Conquest, War, Famine, and Death Thread)

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: We're All Doomed!™ (the Conquest, War, Famine, and Death Thread)

Post by Meds »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:13 am
Mëds wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:06 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:54 am Good responses amigo. It appears one of us is a bit unhinged and hasn’t achieved enough frontier justice in his lifetime. I’m turning into a grumpy old prick like my late father. Swore I never would. :lol:
If you'd have had half the interactions that you've had with Chef I bet you'd be only three quarters as grumpy. :lol:
I’m not sure I’d be at this message board if the Chef wasn’t here.
#Truebromance.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Most of the ultra-rich have insane amounts of charitable donations. For one thing it's a massive tax write-off, and secondly it provides incredible optics.

The philanthropist, Bill Gates, is currently buying up huge swaths of prime farmland wherever he can, so are others in his wealth class. They are also buying residential real-estate by the city block. For one, they know that at the rate governments are printing money it won't be worth the "paper" the ink is on before too long. therefore ownership is going to be the only thing worth more than a pile of shit tickets in the corner. But it also gives them legal control over food sources and dwellings. These are basic human needs that our current system is making increasingly difficult for Jim Bob and Jane Doe to go after on their own.

Control of the majority by the small minority.

Speaking of control.....

Did any of you reprobates catch this a few months ago?

https://www.bclaws.gov.bc.ca/civix/docu ... VVIs#part3

This was rolled out as Farnsworth ended the emergency measures act which took power away from Bonnie and the Horgan government. It flew quite under the radar. They have basically created a new broad sweeping law under Covid measures that supersedes everything else. Check out the part where they legally indemnify themselves for any previous or future errors in judgement that cause harm to society.

But yeah, it's all above board.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Mëds wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:23 am
The philanthropist, Bill Gates, is currently buying up huge swaths of prime farmland wherever he can, so are others in his wealth class. They are also buying residential real-estate by the city block. For one, they know that at the rate governments are printing money it won't be worth the "paper" the ink is on before too long. therefore ownership is going to be the only thing worth more than a pile of shit tickets in the corner. But it also gives them legal control over food sources and dwellings. These are basic human needs that our current system is making increasingly difficult for Jim Bob and Jane Doe to go after on their own.
Farmland, eh? :|

So, I got it all wrong then. I own forest. It’s a more long term investment. The plants I plant will be harvested by my grandchildren... or their children. But if all goes well, an energy company will put up some wind mills there and then I’ll have a steady income from that. Not much, but steady.

Also, the smaller parcel I have is on the outskirts of a city, and now a residential area is expanding - some of the new houses will be like 200 m away from my forest. Give it another 10 years and I can probably divide it into smaller lots and sell off to people who want to build houses...
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

donlever wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:05 pm I don't really consider anything I say to be a conspiracy theory 5th.

Just reporting it as I see it is all. My viewpoint as it were.....

As well, I do not think it is a cabal like insinuation to suggest the mainstream media has lost its ability for impartial reporting and that fact can readily be tied into a 600 million dollar bailout the Government provided them...

I mean these dudes are cookie cutters man, change the channel, turn the page, they're all Stepford wife talking heads saying exactly the same things as the next guy..

Regardless, I can do this without the mockery, if you can't, so be it, I can live with that...
Rex of the National Post - who refused government bailout $'s

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-mu ... our-papers
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

donlever wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:35 am Them there boys chilling with the Rothschilds (and as an appendage to they the great Karl Schwab) then?

Hmmmm....that opens up further discussions and peasant domination hypothesis.
____
Try to focus on someday.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Topper wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:38 pm
donlever wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:05 pm I don't really consider anything I say to be a conspiracy theory 5th.

Just reporting it as I see it is all. My viewpoint as it were.....

As well, I do not think it is a cabal like insinuation to suggest the mainstream media has lost its ability for impartial reporting and that fact can readily be tied into a 600 million dollar bailout the Government provided them...

I mean these dudes are cookie cutters man, change the channel, turn the page, they're all Stepford wife talking heads saying exactly the same things as the next guy..

Regardless, I can do this without the mockery, if you can't, so be it, I can live with that...
Rex of the National Post - who refused government bailout $'s

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-mu ... our-papers
Yeah I think Rex Murphy is my favorite journalist.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Per wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:40 am

So, I got it all wrong then. I own forest. It’s a more long term investment. The plants I plant will be harvested by my grandchildren... or their children. But if all goes well, an energy company will put up some wind mills there and then I’ll have a steady income from that. Not much, but steady.

Also, the smaller parcel I have is on the outskirts of a city, and now a residential area is expanding - some of the new houses will be like 200 m away from my forest. Give it another 10 years and I can probably divide it into smaller lots and sell off to people who want to build houses...
With Farmland, you can grow enough food that you don't really have to worry about the complete collapse of the supply chain for food (as long as you are armed to the teeth to keep looters at bay :roll: ) With trees, yeah, they are nice and eventually will pay off, but they aren't much good if you are starving.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

BCExpat wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:26 pm
Per wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:40 am

With Farmland, you can grow enough food that you don't really have to worry about the complete collapse of the supply chain for food (as long as you are armed to the teeth to keep looters at bay :roll: ) With trees, yeah, they are nice and eventually will pay off, but they aren't much good if you are starving.
But the moose meat is good. And the berries! :mrgreen:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

All covid measures lifted here in Norway from tomorrow.

Oslo removed everything with immediate effect from today.

No social distancing, no masks, no mandatory vaccines, no covid passport.

I’m very thankful for living in a country that hasn’t abandoned sanity completely.

12:53 PM · Sep 24, 2021

https://twitter.com/hodlonaut/status/14 ... 33026?s=20

Croatia seems to calling it quits too.

No more jabs...
el rey del mambo
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I can’t wait to hear the lies that western media will soon be spinning about nigh extinction level cases in Norway.

I can’t find anything on Croatia tho.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Mëds wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:12 pm I can’t wait to hear the lies that western media will soon be spinning about nigh extinction level cases in Norway.

I can’t find anything on Croatia tho.
Ah. Sorry.

Here ya go Mëds ;)

President of Croatia: "enough is enough. No more jabs."

el rey del mambo
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Although it looks like Norway has removed a lot restrictions, I don't see anything where they're treating Covid like the flu.

LINK to Norway Gov't Covid page
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cornuck wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:32 pm Although it looks like Norway has removed a lot restrictions, I don't see anything where they're treating Covid like the flu.

They aren’t. It’s taken out of context. Their healthcare system isn’t being burdened so they are lifting restrictions.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Let's say Norway is treating covid differently than Australia is then.

In Australia the cops are going to peoples houses and asking them if they've posted anything about covid or protests on the internet. And whether they know of any protests being planned.
Police in Australia turn up on doorsteps to quiz citizens over social media posts

Citizens have posted the chilling footage.

https://reclaimthenet.org/australia-pol ... -protests/
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Cornuck wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:32 pm Although it looks like Norway has removed a lot restrictions, I don't see anything where they're treating Covid like the flu.

I think the only restrictions are washing your hands and covering your mouth when you cough, which is more like basic hygiene than restrictions. Norwegians themselves are saying life is completely back to normal, and they are jubilant.
el rey del mambo