We're All Doomed!™ (the Conquest, War, Famine, and Death Thread)

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: We're All Doomed!™ (the Conquest, War, Famine, and Death Thread)

Post by Strangelove »

It's just 2 weeks
It's just a mask
It's just 6 feet
It's just a vax
It's just a booster
It's just a passport
It's just an app
It's just a tracker
It's just a denial of medical care
It's just a hotel
It's just a quarantine
It's a camp
It's just jail
It's just a firing squad
____
Try to focus on someday.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Yeah...my unit manager I mentioned the other day whose wife and he are not planning on getting vaxxed had that EXACT conversation yesterday afternoon...

Two weeks and we'll flatten the curve...

That's precisely how it started...
DeLevering since 1999.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Thanks for advice. I know what i'm doing.
Winters wil be long, but in the short break you can earn all the flowers. 💝🧚‍♀️

The thing is, i love snow.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

About inet connection, not sure if wlan is available in Wrigley, but just a 4 day ride. 👀
Don't care , celebrating "our" cup afterwards.....on a frozen pond.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Mëds wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:51 pm
5thhorseman wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:17 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:13 pm https://www.bitchute.com/video/zkfI5HS8UbHf/

STORIES OUT OF ISRAEL AND THE UK - MOST PEOPLE DYING OF "COVID" ARE ALREADY VACCINATED
The higher the vaccination rate, the more likely people dying of covid will be the vaccinated.

Wouldn't you agree Doc?
But the vaccine works…..
You obviously didn't get the gist of my comment Mëds.

Lets say 80% of the population is vaccinated and the vaccine is, on average, 75% effective. Assuming everyone has equal likelihood of exposure then the pool of vaccinated persons who are not protected is 80% X 25% = 20%, but the pool of unvaccinated not protected is 20% X 100% = 20%.

So the pool of unvaccinated and vaccinated people is equal.

What if the vaccination rate is higher, say 90%. Then the pool of vaccinated persons not protected is 90% X 25% = 22.5%, but unvaccinated not protected is 10% X 100% = 10%.

So suddenly the pool of unprotected vaccinated persons is twice as large as the unvaccinated, because the vaccination rate has gone up, hence, comparing cases/deaths/whatever between vaccinated and unvaccinated makes it look like the vaccine is not working.

This is not a real scenario. There are other factors involved, of course, such as vaccinated persons are supposed to be less likely to die if infected, and unvaccinated persons may be shielding themselves from exposure, particularly in Israel with the Orthodox Jews.

But I'm not addressing the Israel news here. I'm just giving an example of how the math can work to produce something that is counterintuitive.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

donlever wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:42 am Morning 5th.

8-)
Evening Donny. Can't keep up with this forum as life keeps getting in the way :)

It's been real busy with school kicking off as well as minor hockey. The vaccine passport thing is causing havoc as from tomorrow you can't get into an arena without it. I know at least a couple of coaches that are dropping out rather than take the vaccine. It's taking its toll on youth sports with declining participation at the older ages. Kids drop out and don't come back.

I've also got a few friends who are not taking the vaccine but I'm done with debating it. Not worth ruining friendships over. They're still welcome at my place even in confined spaces.

In that sense this forum is a bit of a relief. Diversity of opinion and you can debate all you want without much worry about offending someone. Lots of thick skins here. The rants I hear from my anti-vax friends usually cover every topic under the sun in one breath. You can't even begin a discussion.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

5thhorseman wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:11 pm
donlever wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:42 am Morning 5th.

8-)
Evening Donny. Can't keep up with this forum as life keeps getting in the way :)

It's been real busy with school kicking off as well as minor hockey. The vaccine passport thing is causing havoc as from tomorrow you can't get into an arena without it. I know at least a couple of coaches that are dropping out rather than take the vaccine. It's taking its toll on youth sports with declining participation at the older ages. Kids drop out and don't come back.

I've also got a few friends who are not taking the vaccine but I'm done with debating it. Not worth ruining friendships over. They're still welcome at my place even in confined spaces.

In that sense this forum is a bit of a relief. Diversity of opinion and you can debate all you want without much worry about offending someone. Lots of thick skins here. The rants I hear from my anti-vax friends usually cover every topic under the sun in one breath. You can't even begin a discussion.
Yet you think a passport is required to be in unconfined spaces in public. That makes sense.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Mëds wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:54 pm Yet you think a passport is required to be in unconfined spaces in public. That makes sense.
I've never had a problem with sharing unconfined spaces, even pre-vaccine. Actually, I'm even good with large indoor spaces such as hockey arenas under some circumstances. It depends on the airflow.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

are the self diagnosed gluten intolerant folk the most vocal pro vax and pro passport voices in the crowd?

the same folks who self diagnosed their medial marijuana prescriptions.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:11 pm are the self diagnosed gluten intolerant folk the most vocal pro vax and pro passport voices in the crowd?

the same folks who self diagnosed their medial marijuana prescriptions.
Its for restless leg syndrome

:lol:
If you need air...call it in
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

The third "leg"?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin

"This is not about freedom or personal choice," Biden said. "It's about protecting yourself and those around you." - Joe Biden
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

5thhorseman wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:24 pm The third "leg"?
It was a big thing a while back for stoners to get scripts for grass due to RLS. There were sympathetic physicians around who were quite open to granting folks with twitchy legs a disability and access to medicinal mary-J
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:49 am "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin

"This is not about freedom or personal choice," Biden said. "It's about protecting yourself and those around you." - Joe Biden
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://off-guardian.org/2021/09/02/how ... ted-means/
Just as “three weeks to flatten the curve” turned into around 18-months (and counting), “double jabbed” is now evolving into “triple jabbed”.

To quote Dr Salman Zarka, Israel’s “coronavirus czar”: “We are updating what it means to be vaccinated”

So, there you have it. In Israel, officially, those who have been injected with two doses of Pfizer’s so-called vaccine are no longer counted as vaccinated.

What does this mean?

Well, first of all, it means all those “vaccinated” people can kiss their recently acquired freedoms goodbye, unless they’re willing to get at least one more booster.

According to the Wall Street Journal:

Holders of Israel’s vaccine passports must get a third dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine within six months of their second dose, or lose the so-called green pass that allows them more freedom.”

It should also be noted that the third booster is not considered the last. The Israeli Ministry of Health “has not ruled out further boosters in the future” and the third shot will only extend the “vaccinated” status for six months, not permanently.

So, essentially, the precedent has been set that your freedoms are the state’s to take away on a whim. And, if you comply, they will simply use your compliance as an excuse to take even greater liberties (pun very much intended).

Israel has been the Petri dish for this since the beginning. If it works there, expect the “booster shot requirement” to be instituted in other countries all over the world fairly quickly.

To all the people who have taken the vaccine, and are now realising they may have done something foolish. Sorry, but we did try to warn you this would happen.

Financially speaking, this is yet another boon in a golden year for Pfizer, who can now ship even more doses of their experimental and unnecessary gene therapy to people who are literally legally obliged to use it.

The potentially far more cynical part comes later. In three months or so, when the flu season hits, and the elderly and infirm start dying, as they do every winter.

It won’t be called “flu season”, of course. It will be all be classified as “Covid”. Combined with this new definition of “vaccinated”, the “fourth wave” or the “sigma variant” (or whatever they call it) could now be used to produce a whole new manipulated statistic.

Think about it: Every Israeli citizen who gets sick and/or dies, after being double jabbed but not triple jabbed, will be officially labelled “not fully vaccinated”.

They could therefore claim that Covid is primarily affecting “unvaccinated people”, even if the majority of people getting sick have had two doses of Pfizers mRNA cocktail.

Just as they used linguistic tricks to turn “deaths from any cause” into “Covid deaths”, and “asymptomatic positive tests” into “Covid cases”, they have now created a loophole to turn “vaccinated people” who get sick into “unvaccinated people”.

Worse still, it’s possible that, over the coming winter, people who have been “vaccinated” may die at an even greater rate than normal.

If the theory that the mRNA vaccines may cause antibody-dependent enhancement (ADE) proves correct, a lot of people could be killed by viruses this winter as a direct result of being “vaccinated”…and then be used as evidence to prop up the idea of “vaccine effectiveness”.

In twenty months of obvious scientific malpractice, data manipulation, statistical dishonesty, and full-on linguistic reversal…we may be about to see the worst lie of all.

This is all supposition at this point, of course. But for anyone out there thinking “they would never do that”, I remind you that man was counted as Covid death after shooting himself in the head. There is literally no bar so low that the powers-that-be couldn’t limbo under it.

Even if time proves my theory wrong, the solid, admitted reality of the booster-shot system is bad enough. Freedom forever under a dangling sword of Damocles, and yet another assault on language as part of a years-long campaign to rob our very words of meaning.

And while all this may seem incredibly cynical, if you haven’t become incredibly cynical in the last two years, then you weren’t paying attention.
Lots of links to stats and whatnot in the article...
____
Try to focus on someday.