the paranoia of the canuck fanbase

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: the paranoia of the canuck fanbase

Post by Strangelove »

Hank wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:58 am Where is Blob, btw?
In his brand-everyone-foe frenzy he accidentally put himself on ignore. :(
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:38 pm
He was asked to leave
:eh:

By his wife and kids?
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:49 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:30 pm If you try and have an open discussion and dare to say something was not done right you should not be attacked for that and be told your part of the pee group, wine group and tunneling group.
You feel you are attacked?? :crazy:

Get some help you whiner.

Yeahno, people begin to debate you on some of these things

... and then you run away.

Bingo was right about you!
Sure
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

That's right, it's been said many times that you avoid debate.

You just say things like "sure" and then run away....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob was asked to leave? What’s the 5’-10” 240 lb Sacilian on about now?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
sk8er
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

Hank wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:15 am sk8er, you Trump supporting guzzling zealot!

Just kidding! :mrgreen:

Om.... ignore, enjoy. ignore, enjoy... Om...
Why, I oughta............ ;) ;) ;) ;)
sk8er
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

Reefer2 wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:19 am
sk8er wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:48 am Welcome new guy!
The constant Jim Benning bashing gets real old real quick I know, but if you can wade through the same old crap, you will find good discussion. I come here every day, post very seldom.
The stupid name calling of the management group is as annoying as hell, some are serious, and think they are clever, others are just having fun.
SO, ignore the stupid crap, like, “ pissing away draft picks”, or “way too much money” repeated on a daily basis, because apparently,they could do the job way better, and enjoy the rest.
Interesting, i always find comments like this interesting. If you go overboard in positive points that is OK, and I mean overboard to the point that it is annoying as hell, and some posters think they are serious and clever, but that is OK. BUT if you go overboard in being negative then that is not OK?

So what came first the chicken or the egg? Was it the constant JB is a genius and cannot do any wrong or too many draft picks are being pissed away?. 1 of these cause the reaction so if you want the stupid name calling to stop then the constant management cannot do anything wrong and is a genius should stop as well? No?
Really? Do I have to spell out every over the top remark? I’d be here all day.... one starts, the others chime in ....same shit different day. Are you feeling left out because I didn’t refer to all your needless repetitive puppet shit? I can do that if you like. Happy to oblige. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

I like blob, I don’t agree with a lot of what he says I see his point though, I also like doc and am glad I agree with him cause gawdamn I would not want to try and debate with him.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

sk8er wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:22 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:19 am
sk8er wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:48 am Welcome new guy!
The constant Jim Benning bashing gets real old real quick I know, but if you can wade through the same old crap, you will find good discussion. I come here every day, post very seldom.
The stupid name calling of the management group is as annoying as hell, some are serious, and think they are clever, others are just having fun.
SO, ignore the stupid crap, like, “ pissing away draft picks”, or “way too much money” repeated on a daily basis, because apparently,they could do the job way better, and enjoy the rest.
Interesting, i always find comments like this interesting. If you go overboard in positive points that is OK, and I mean overboard to the point that it is annoying as hell, and some posters think they are serious and clever, but that is OK. BUT if you go overboard in being negative then that is not OK?

So what came first the chicken or the egg? Was it the constant JB is a genius and cannot do any wrong or too many draft picks are being pissed away?. 1 of these cause the reaction so if you want the stupid name calling to stop then the constant management cannot do anything wrong and is a genius should stop as well? No?
Really? Do I have to spell out every over the top remark? I’d be here all day.... one starts, the others chime in ....same shit different day. Are you feeling left out because I didn’t refer to all your needless repetitive puppet shit? I can do that if you like. Happy to oblige. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Sure
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:11 pm That's right, it's been said many times that you avoid debate.

Sure

Actually there is no sense arguing with someone like you, you live to argue. No matter what you have the opposite opinion, its ok, that is your MO.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:51 pm
He was asked to leave

By his wife and kids?
In self defence.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:32 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:11 pm That's right, it's been said many times that you avoid debate.

Sure

Actually there is no sense arguing with someone like you, you live to argue. No matter what you have the opposite opinion, its ok, that is your MO.
Really? :eh:

Try saying Lord Benning is a virtuoso, let's put your theory to the test.
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:36 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:32 pm

Sure

Really? :eh:

Try saying Lord Benning is a virtuoso, let's put your theory to the test.
JB did a good job in draft day, I think the Woo pickup will be good one. FA I am good with the guys picked and I said such.

I am excited about the future of this team.

For the next year we will see youth be given their opportunity.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:09 am Let the puppet shows begin
The guy luvs his socks. Usually around this time, he luvs to roll them out when Canuck news gets kind of slow. Maybe he's bored and has got nothing better to do.
Reefer2 wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:32 pm Sure

Some ppl just luv their Kool-aid.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Topper wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:12 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:51 pm
He was asked to leave

By his wife and kids?
In self defence.
Without Blob's perspective, this board would be in serious danger of turning into a circle-jerk.

"How amazing was Benning's last move?"

"Sooooo amazing. He's ten times the general manager Sam Pollock ever was!"

"Wait, are you implying that Sam Pollock was 10% as good as His Lordship?"

"No, no! 'Ten times' is just an expression. Obviously He's at least a gazillion times better."

Would wear thin even faster than straight name-calling.