The Bubbles Hargraves and Chef Dud review every GM move thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8608
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: The Bubbles Hargraves and Chef Dud review every GM move thread

Post by The Brown Wizard » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:34 am

:lol:

I forgot about some of those things. Lee stormriders were the shit man... Try to find one today. They dont exist
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8202
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: The Bubbles Hargraves and Chef Dud review every GM move thread

Post by Cornuck » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:48 am

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:34 am
:lol:

I forgot about some of those things. Lee stormriders were the shit man... Try to find one today. They dont exist
Just in case anyone wants to re-live their (misspent) youth.... LINK
2019-20 - Playoff Bound

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8608
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: The Bubbles Hargraves and Chef Dud review every GM move thread

Post by The Brown Wizard » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:22 am

Holy fuckin hell corn. It comes with the stains and everything...i bet if you smell the sleeves you catch a whiff of export greens even
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8202
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: The Bubbles Hargraves and Chef Dud review every GM move thread

Post by Cornuck » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:25 am

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:22 am
Holy fuckin hell corn. It comes with the stains and everything...i bet if you smell the sleeves you catch a whiff of export greens even
With a hint of gas / oil under the dank aroma?
2019-20 - Playoff Bound

User avatar
Hank
CC Legend
Posts: 3864
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: The Bubbles Hargraves and Chef Dud review every GM move thread

Post by Hank » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:28 am

Prolly lots of DNA too.
Try to focus on THIS year...

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9564
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: The Bubbles Hargraves and Chef Dud review every GM move thread

Post by micky107 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:28 am

Chef Boi RD wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:05 am
Yeah i lost the mackinaw, Dayton’s etc by mid 80’s. Those who didn’t evolve just became known as urban red necks.
Guess I should change my epilogue word. Na! But sure as hell will remain an urban red neck if for no other reason but
to clomp. That clomping sound gets the women to look down and that never gets old.
"evolution"

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8608
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: The Bubbles Hargraves and Chef Dud review every GM move thread

Post by The Brown Wizard » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:30 am

micky107 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:28 am
Chef Boi RD wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:05 am
Yeah i lost the mackinaw, Dayton’s etc by mid 80’s. Those who didn’t evolve just became known as urban red necks.
Guess I should change my epilogue word. Na! But sure as hell will remain an urban red neck if for no other reason but
to clomp. That clomping sound gets the women to look down and that never gets old.
I prefer the women looking up but thats just me
8-)
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9564
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: The Bubbles Hargraves and Chef Dud review every GM move thread

Post by micky107 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:35 am

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:30 am
micky107 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:28 am
Chef Boi RD wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:05 am
Yeah i lost the mackinaw, Dayton’s etc by mid 80’s. Those who didn’t evolve just became known as urban red necks.
Guess I should change my epilogue word. Na! But sure as hell will remain an urban red neck if for no other reason but
to clomp. That clomping sound gets the women to look down and that never gets old.
I prefer the women looking up but thats just me
8-)
There's sixty nine ways to get it figured out. Or is that 96. I guess it don't matter. Well sometimes.
"evolution"

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8608
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: The Bubbles Hargraves and Chef Dud review every GM move thread

Post by The Brown Wizard » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:37 am

micky107 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:35 am
The Brown Wizard wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:30 am
micky107 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:28 am
Chef Boi RD wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:05 am
Yeah i lost the mackinaw, Dayton’s etc by mid 80’s. Those who didn’t evolve just became known as urban red necks.
Guess I should change my epilogue word. Na! But sure as hell will remain an urban red neck if for no other reason but
to clomp. That clomping sound gets the women to look down and that never gets old.
I prefer the women looking up but thats just me
8-)
There's sixty nine ways to get it figured out. Or is that 96. I guess it don't matter. Well sometimes.
96?
:wow:
Youd have to snake it backwards and shit.

Naaaa better if she gives you 68 and u owe her one
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8202
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: The Bubbles Hargraves and Chef Dud review every GM move thread

Post by Cornuck » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:10 pm

Moved to the bar & grill - either that, or I start deleting posts...
2019-20 - Playoff Bound

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8608
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: The Bubbles Hargraves and Chef Dud review every GM move thread

Post by The Brown Wizard » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:28 pm

I thought if there were numbers involved it remained relevant...96-bure, 68-jagr...

No?
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 16013
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: The Bubbles Hargraves and Chef Dud review every GM move thread

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:37 pm

I’m assuming this was Fred’s idea to move this over here. :sly:
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15648
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The Bubbles Hargraves and Chef Dud review every GM move thread

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:33 am

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:17 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:16 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:15 pm
We should thank fuck we didnt "win" the Karlsson sweepstakes. Hes been a pretty big failure as a shark
It’s early days yet.
Last year was no different. Maybe Barrie can stay in toilet rather than try and come home as well
We are OK with Juolevi, Tryamkin, Woo, Rathbone, Utonen snd a slew of Utican D in the pipeline.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8608
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: The Bubbles Hargraves and Chef Dud review every GM move thread

Post by The Brown Wizard » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:45 am

Chef Boi RD wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:33 am
The Brown Wizard wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:17 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:16 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:15 pm
We should thank fuck we didnt "win" the Karlsson sweepstakes. Hes been a pretty big failure as a shark
It’s early days yet.
Last year was no different. Maybe Barrie can stay in toilet rather than try and come home as well
We are OK with Juolevi, Tryamkin, Woo, Rathbone, Utonen snd a slew of Utican D in the pipeline.
What the organization needs is either one of those to take another step in their development and be knocking on the door or else move an asset or 2 and acquire a dman with top end potential. I can see a move that includes Gaudette being one that would make sense
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 16013
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: The Bubbles Hargraves and Chef Dud review every GM move thread

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:52 am

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:17 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:16 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:15 pm
We should thank fuck we didnt "win" the Karlsson sweepstakes. Hes been a pretty big failure as a shark
It’s early days yet.
Last year was no different. Maybe Barrie can stay in toilet rather than try and come home as well
I like Barrie as a player but I think that would be a poor signing. He’s an all offence d man and good at it but he’s not very good at actually defending. I think having to spilt PP duties with Hughes would be a poor use of funds.

They’ve got to get Demko into 30 games this year. Markstrom will want a raise into the 5 - 6 million range with term. I’m not sure I want to commit that money to Marky long term. I like him but I like the kid too. Just need to see a lot more. He will be cheap labour. Sign a vet roll with him and spend the money on Tanev’s replacement.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

Post Reply