The Bubbles Hargraves and Chef Dud review every GM move thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:41 pm I’ve proven nothing again, sorry to waste the bandwidth
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: The Bubbles Hargraves and Chef Dud review every GM move thread

Post by Chef Boi RD »

When Blob was a kid he was one of those punks who used to terrorize the shoppers at Coquitlam Centre Mall. He was the fat kid bullying the younger kids in the toy section of Zellers
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:44 am When Blob was a kid he was one of those punks who used to terrorize the shoppers at Coquitlam Centre Mall. He was the fat kid bullying the younger kids in the toy section of Zellers
What i'm taking from that:

You got bullied by fat kids in zellers toy dept at coq centre
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:52 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:44 am When Blob was a kid he was one of those punks who used to terrorize the shoppers at Coquitlam Centre Mall. He was the fat kid bullying the younger kids in the toy section of Zellers

No way Bro. More like Blob was a fat punk ass kid loitering in the parking lots of strip malls in Pitt Meadows, stealing candy from corner stores
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:17 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:52 am

No way Bro. More like Blob was a fat punk ass kid loitering in the parking lots of strip malls in Pitt Meadows, stealing candy from corner stores
I just imagine Chef and Blobbie hanging together. A messed up "Boi and Silent Blob" vibe.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

If Jordie Benn is Yukon Cornelius then sure as fuck the Chef is Burgermeister Meisterburger. A huge massive dome with a big bulbous snout sitting on a big sweaty torso and perched on two thin chicken legs and high heel boots. He eats pork legs with his bare mitts and has a greasy grey skullet under the fedora.

No shit I’d pick in that at the Coquitlam Centre. Who wouldn’t?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob did you rule the roost at Coquitlam Centre back in the day?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I’m a lover not a fighter my friend
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:06 pm I’m a lover not a fighter my friend
:lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob do you still have your Lee Stormrider Jean jacket from the 80’s? Dust it off every so often? Throw on and head on down to Coquitlam Centre hang out by the arcade machines?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:28 am Blob do you still have your Lee Stormrider Jean jacket from the 80’s? Dust it off every so often? Throw on and head on down to Coquitlam Centre hang out by the arcade machines?
You never had one? Rock a Mac underneath and the Levi’s 501 jeans, mullet. That was the 80’s costume till I was about 15 or 16.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:41 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:28 am Blob do you still have your Lee Stormrider Jean jacket from the 80’s? Dust it off every so often? Throw on and head on down to Coquitlam Centre hang out by the arcade machines?
You never had one? Rock a Mac underneath and the Levi’s 501 jeans, mullet. That was the 80’s costume till I was about 15 or 16.
Blob, it was the early 80’s, we all did the red mackinaw under the Jean jacket and listened to Rush. We sometimes turned the Jean jacket into a “Brodie” by cutting the sleeves off. Wore Dayton’s or hiking boots. The Doc Strangelove generation before created the look. We caught the tail end of it before the mid to late 80’s mush mash of styles confused things

Regarding the storm rider. The shite fur lined one wasn’t my scene, I preferred the other lined one for winter nights hanging out at 7-11 eating hoagies, smoking bunk weed, drinking Black Label listening to Rush on the ghetto blaster.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol good times. I kinda went preppy mid to late 80s went I went to Fox.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yeah i lost the mackinaw, Dayton’s etc by mid 80’s. Those who didn’t evolve just became known as urban red necks. I got in to soccer by mid 80’s so I guess preppy/slash/no real style dude

It’s funny I still run in to a lot of the urban red neck greaseballs I grew up with, still the same. I guess there’s something to be said about that.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah that’s about it preppy/no style. The chicks weren’t digging the Lee jean jacket and Mac and wallobys or Dayton’s come about 85/86. It faded away. I see the odd greaser from back in the day. A couple of them now have patches on their back.