The Bubbles Hargraves and Chef Dud review every GM move thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: The Bubbles and Dud review every GM move thread

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:05 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:08 am McCaan was rushed into the NHL we all know that. He had a cocky little boy entitlement attitude to go along with his immaturity. Had we left him a year longer in junior he may have been a great surprise for us. We were so desperate for some exciting young players both he and Virtanen were rushed.
and Gillis
You sure about that one? It sounds quite forced on your part, like you didn’t want to
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:08 am McCann - “is a superstar. He’s on Team Canada! The Worlds FFS! To be rubbing shoulders with Tyler Bertuzzi, Adam Henrique, Matthieu Jossph, Kyle Turiris, Anthony Cirelli, Dylan Strome, Anthony Mantha, Darnell Nurse, Damon Severson, Troy Stecher, is a ringing endorsement to the special player that he is!. Foundational!”
How come Gudbranson wasn’t asked?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

How come Loui Eriksson was asked?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:15 am How come Loui Eriksson was asked?
Is he gone yet?

That's like; Are we there yet? I remember on their Labor Day vacation when Christina Applegate said that in the back seat
of the Bundy family red Mustang.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:08 am McCann - “is a superstar. He’s on Team Canada! The Worlds FFS! To be rubbing shoulders with Tyler Bertuzzi, Adam Henrique, Matthieu Jossph, Kyle Turiris, Anthony Cirelli, Dylan Strome, Anthony Mantha, Darnell Nurse, Damon Severson, Troy Stecher, is a ringing endorsement to the special player that he is!. Foundational!”
+1
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:33 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:08 am McCaan was rushed into the NHL we all know that. He had a cocky little boy entitlement attitude to go along with his immaturity. Had we left him a year longer in junior he may have been a great surprise for us. We were so desperate for some exciting young players both he and Virtanen were rushed.
100%

Turning McCann+33 Overall into Tanner Pearson is not great asset management for a rebuilding team.
+2. This is what many of the infants haven’t been able to process
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

... said the guy who liked the Gudbranson trade at the time.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:43 am ... said the guy who liked the Gudbranson trade at the time.
Also the guy who realized fairly soon into Gudbranson’s tenure that he was not much of a hockey player.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:47 am
Strangelove wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:43 am ... said the guy who liked the Gudbranson trade at the time.
Also the guy who realized fairly soon into Gudbranson’s tenure that he was not much of a hockey player.
... because he figured out that narrative worked well with his anti-benning agenda.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:00 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:47 am
... because he figured out that narrative worked well with his anti-benning agenda.
Because he figured out the guy was a garbage fire playing more than sheltered bottom pairing minutes
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:33 am Turning McCann+33 Overall into Tanner Pearson is not great asset management for a rebuilding team.
?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Topper wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:35 am
Island Nucklehead wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:33 am Turning McCann+33 Overall into Tanner Pearson is not great asset management for a rebuilding team.
?
May 2016: The Vancouver Canucks traded Jared McCann, a second round draft pick in 2016 and a fourth round draft pick in 2016 to the Florida Panthers for Erik Gudbranson and a fifth round draft pick in 2016.

February 2019: The Vancouver Canucks traded Erik Gudbranson to the Pittsburgh Penguins for Tanner Pearson.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:32 am
Topper wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:35 am
?
May 2016: The Vancouver Canucks traded Jared McCann, a second round draft pick in 2016 and a fourth round draft pick in 2016 to the Florida Panthers for Erik Gudbranson and a fifth round draft pick in 2016.

February 2019: The Vancouver Canucks traded Erik Gudbranson to the Pittsburgh Penguins for Tanner Pearson.
again
?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It’s like trading a rib eye and baked potatoe for a three day old tuna sandwich. You then moved the tuna sando for a Swanson frozen meal
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:14 pm It’s like trading a rib eye and baked potatoe for a three day old tuna sandwich. You then moved the tuna sando for a Swanson frozen meal

Yeah it's only the worst example of the declining returns Benning seems to muster.

Garrison+7th -> 2nd -> Vey -> Nothing
Mallet+3rd -> Pedan -> +4th -> Pouliot -> Nothing
Kassian+5th -> Prust -> Nothing

Then there's the Kesler tree: