The Bubbles Hargraves and Chef Dud review every GM move thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: The Bubbles Hargraves and Chef Dud review every GM move thread

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:46 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:43 am Ekblad isn’t behind the Nuge or Hischier. Way too soon to call on 2018 and 2019 yet.
It’s pretty friggin’ close!
It’s not bad. I think Dahlin will climb the ladder and so will Jack Hughes
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:51 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:46 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:43 am Ekblad isn’t behind the Nuge or Hischier. Way too soon to call on 2018 and 2019 yet.
It’s pretty friggin’ close!
It’s not bad. I think Dahlin will climb the ladder and so will Jack Hughes
Dahlin yes, Jack Hughes not so sure. Just not seeing any magic at all from the kid. His Bro is on a whole other level which is funny because most thought it would be the other way around
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:42 pm Ekblad is a bum. He’s not even on my Team B list in Canadas World Cup of Hockey squads
:lol:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:53 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:42 pm Ekblad is a bum. He’s not even on my Team B list in Canadas World Cup of Hockey squads
Ha good dig!!!

I am pretty sure his name was circulated on various trade speculation sites a year or so back when he was underperforming. I wonder how close they came to making a huge mistake
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Florida wasn’t going to trade him. That was the talk among the neckbeards. Why on earth would you trade a kid like that?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Vin Tanner wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:21 am Florida wasn’t going to trade him. That was the talk among the neckbeards. Why on earth would you trade a kid like that?
Sometimes Neckbeards have day jobs and sometimes those day jobs are running NHL teams
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Do you guys remember when Max Domi beat the shit out of Ekblad?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:10 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:53 pm
Ha good dig!!!

I am pretty sure his name was circulated on various trade speculation sites a year or so back when he was underperforming. I wonder how close they came to making a huge mistake
It wasn't so much him that was under-performing. It was the entire team, and much of it had to do with Bobrovsky's first season in Cat-Town.....he sucked. There was talk of moving out a big piece to right the ship, and the only two pieces that were on that level of blockbuster were Barkov and Ekblad.....and Barkov wasn't going anywhere.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

UberDough has turned into a stud, should be a candidate for Team Canada. Ekblad has rejuvenated himself nicely
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:02 pm
He’s OK, not stalwart like you’re fantasies imagines he is. I lost all respect for him when the 6” shorter, 50 lb lighter Max Domi beat the tar out of him
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:27 pm
He’s OK, not stalwart like you’re fantasies imagines he is. I lost all respect for him when the 6” shorter, 50 lb lighter Max Domi beat the tar out of him
I have no fantasies here. You have been right maybe 2 % of the time that you needlessly bash these kids. If you were a scout you would have been fired out on your ear.

Why do I care if Ekblad got sucker punched by Max Domi?

Hur dur Tom Sestito, Ryan Clowe hur dur old time hockey!!!

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:06 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:27 pm
I have no fantasies here. You have been right maybe 2 % of the time that you needlessly bash these kids. If you were a scout you would have been fired out on your ear.

Why do I care if Ekblad got sucker punched by Max Domi?

Hur dur Tom Sestito, Ryan Clowe hur dur old time hockey!!!

It’s not a sucker punch when your squaring off with someone getting up in each other’s grill.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Domi got suspended for it. It absolutely was a sucker punch when the other guy has no intention of fighting.

Wake up.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."