The Bubbles Hargraves and Chef Dud review every GM move thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: The Bubbles Hargraves and Chef Dud review every GM move thread

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:37 pm How much laundry soap does Mrs Chef need to clean his filthy ginch at weeks end? A drum of soap and a chipping gun to wash that butt gravy away? Swamp ass 24-7-365 from all the booze and McDonald’s he consumes. It’s called Swass Chef. It isn’t cologne and it doesn’t smell right to most normal people.
Gold bond Chef!

No more die-beetus reek from your swassy sweat pants
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Chef’s plumbing is in good working order. Doyles Boil needs some serious lancing.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ekblad is a bum. He’s not even on my Team B list in Canadas World Cup of Hockey squads
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:42 pm Ekblad is a bum. He’s not even on my Team B list in Canadas World Cup of Hockey squads
He's a big guy who is actually mobile. Managing to be a plus-8 blueliner on a team with a negative differential.

Was he overrated when they drafted him 1st overall? Sure. Is he still, maybe.

Players in Florida are often cruising beneath their true potential because of the perpetuated losing culture there and a bipolar ownership that seems to change direction with each hurricane that blows through.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:42 pm Ekblad is a bum. He’s not even on my Team B list in Canadas World Cup of Hockey squads
Not quite a bum however he has seven million, five hundred thousand reasons for many years, to be classified on cruise control.

Perfect demeanor for Toronto. :hmmm:
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Ekblad is a good hockey player. A legit top pairing guy who is easily a top 10 Canadian D man. He’d be in the conversation to make Team Canada in a best on best tournament. He kills penalties and plays against the other teams best players. He has 41 points despite the fact he hardly gets any PP time. I can’t see Florida trading him. Keith Yandle is a tire fire in his own end. Then you have Mathewson who’s mediocre and Strahlman who’s ancient and a couple of scrubs. They deal Ekblad they may as well burn the whole team down.

Aaron Ekblad has never lived up to his hype as a #1 overall pick but he’s still a very good d man.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The 5’-10” Domi embarrassed the 6’-4” Ekblad by knocking him out and Ekblad has avoided Domi since

For the mere fact that Canada can’t seem to produce top shelf D-men at the crazy rate the Americans can is the sole reason Ekblad makes the team. Hell, even Sweden is producing excellent D-men these days at a better clip than us
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:09 am The 5’-10” Domi embarrassed the 6’-4” Ekblad by knocking him out and Ekblad has avoided Domi since

For the mere fact that Canada can’t seem to produce top shelf D-men at the crazy rate the Americans can is the sole reason Ekblad makes the team. Hell, even Sweden is producing excellent D-men these days at a better clip than us
Domi sucker punched Ekblad. Ekblad is a legit top pairing D man. Probably in the top 20 or 25 D men in the league.

Woe is me Anti Canada? Prey tell Booze Brain.......who has won the last three men’s best on best tournaments ? Pretty sure it’s Canada and I’m pretty sure Canada could put in a B squad that would be one of the best teams too. More than a decent chance it would be Canada vs Canada in the finals.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The NHL ranked Ekblad 31st on top 50 NHL Defefencemen list this year. To give perspective, 2nd rounder Alexander Edler was ranked a few spots ahead of him
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:03 am The NHL ranked Ekblad 31st on top 50 NHL Defefencemen list this year. To give perspective, 2nd rounder Alexander Edler was ranked a few spots ahead of him
“The NHL” is now ranking the players in the league. That’s interesting stuff. 31 isn’t that far off of 25.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ranking the first overall picks of the last 20 years

1. McDavid
2. Crosby
3. Ovechkin
4. Kane
5. McKinnon
6. Matthews
7. Stamkos
8. Tavares
9. Nash
10. Hall
11. Kovalchuk
12. Dahlin
13. Andre Fleury
14. Nugent Hopkins
15. Hischier
16. Ekblad
17. Johnson
18. Hughes
19. DiPietro
20. Yakupov
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Nice work, Chef. I'd switch 6 and 7.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Micky wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:30 am Nice work, Chef. I'd switch 6 and 7.
Yes, agreed. I’d switch Crosby to numero uno number 1 and drop Hall below Kovalchuk. Kovalchuk was a beast in his early days
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Ekblad isn’t behind the Nuge or Hischier. Way too soon to call on 2018 and 2019 yet.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:43 am Ekblad isn’t behind the Nuge or Hischier. Way too soon to call on 2018 and 2019 yet.
It’s pretty friggin’ close!