bitcoin

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Re: bitcoin

Post by 5thhorseman »

Per wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:01 am I've recently bought stock in Sweden's biggest hotel chain, Scandic.
Their stock had fallen roughly 70% since the pandemic hit.

I expect it to go back to normal within a year or two.
They are too big to fail, so I don't see a bankruptcy in the cards.
So your investment is dependent on a government handout? Mmmmmm, how Republican of you (Boeing).
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

I don't know what the fuck is going on but seems like I got the first post on a new page down to a science.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:38 pm .
If you bozos own any twitter stock: SELL
While we are conflating Trump and investing, I'm wondering why all the leading companies of the day, the Amazons, Twitters, Googles, and Facebooks happen to be run by "leftists". Aren't the Republicans the party of business?

Thoughts anyone? Yeah, I know, there are some wackos like Musk who supported Kanye.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

5thhorseman wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:51 pm I don't know what the fuck is going on but seems like I got the first post on a new page down to a science.
As long as you quote your reference, it carries over just fine. I hate it when I reply without quoting and you can’t tell what I’m talking about ;)
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

what are you talking about?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

5thhorseman wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:50 pm
Per wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:01 am I've recently bought stock in Sweden's biggest hotel chain, Scandic.
Their stock had fallen roughly 70% since the pandemic hit.

I expect it to go back to normal within a year or two.
They are too big to fail, so I don't see a bankruptcy in the cards.
So your investment is dependent on a government handout? Mmmmmm, how Republican of you (Boeing).
Well, not necessarily, but sure, the government is trying to help the service sector. I was actually thinking more along the line that they’re the biggest fish in the pond and will likely be able to hang in longer than anyone else. They have hundreds of hotels and own property smack dab in the centre of every city in Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark. Even if things get really bad, rather than going belly up they could just sell off a handful of buildings to raise cash and survive to fight another day.

Real estate in Sweden has actually gone up rather than down during the pandemic. It’s weird. My best guess is that people being forced to work from home all came to the conclusion that if I need to work from home, I need a better home! :lol:
But that means that should it be necessary to liquidate assets they will most likely not do so at a loss.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:24 am what are you talking about?
Numerous things
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

5thhorseman wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:58 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:38 pm .
If you bozos own any twitter stock: SELL
While we are conflating Trump and investing, I'm wondering why all the leading companies of the day, the Amazons, Twitters, Googles, and Facebooks happen to be run by "leftists". Aren't the Republicans the party of business?
____
Try to focus on someday.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

The Beer Belly Putsch tried and failed lol.

In all honesty, they were a bunch of misfits. No chance of overthrowing anything larger than a bookshelf.

Anyways, wrong thread.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

You really think THAT was it Horsey? :lol:

Hang onto your horses...

____
Try to focus on someday.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:00 pm Hang onto your horses...
More waiting? groan
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

5thhorseman wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:58 pm The Beer Belly Putsch tried and failed lol.

In all honesty, they were a bunch of misfits. No chance of overthrowing anything larger than a bookshelf.

Anyways, wrong thread.
Well.... the failed Beer Hall Putsch wasn't the end of the NSDAP... even if many thought so at the time. :?

And you didn't see the pics of paramilitary peeps with zip-tie handcuffs looking for senators to take hostage? :eh:
Most were idiots and misfits, but in their midst were a bunch of trained domestic terrorists trying to pull of a coup.

https://news.yahoo.com/fbi-looking-man- ... 18048.html

... but yeah, probably wrong thread.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

Cornuck wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:07 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:42 pm Griz now lives on his super yacht off the french riviera coast with 4 different bitches all fighting over his sausage
That's the only thing which would explain his absence.
Lol! Funny stuff, but not my reality.

Sorry for my absence in this thread.
5thhorseman wrote: Yeah, don't invest in something you don't even remotely understand. Wonder if griz got out in time.
I would balance that wisdom with taking some risks in life.

I never sold through the crash in 2017. And even those who bought at the top before that crash have since doubled their money (as long as they didn't sell). Anyone who ever bought bitcoin and held it for 3 years is in profit.

But no doubt it is a risk. I'm crazy and that helps.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

griz wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:20 pm
5thhorseman wrote: Yeah, don't invest in something you don't even remotely understand. Wonder if griz got out in time.
I would balance that wisdom with taking some risks in life.
Oh believe me, I take risks. But there's taking risks you don't understand, which is essentially gambling, and taking risks you do understand, which is investing.
griz wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:20 pm I never sold through the crash in 2017. And even those who bought at the top before that crash have since doubled their money (as long as they didn't sell). Anyone who ever bought bitcoin and held it for 3 years is in profit.

But no doubt it is a risk. I'm crazy and that helps.
There's lots of crazy "investors" these days. It's what is creating the froth in the market.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Interesting story last couple of days around Gamestop, the ailing used video game retailer.

Lots of big investment firms have been shorting the stock, essentially betting that the stock price goes down. A bunch of reddit users decided to bid up the stock, creating what's known as a short squeeze. Eventually the big firms were forced to buy back the stock to cover their short positions, causing the price to go even higher.

Six months ago GME was $4. Right now it's trading at $319 for an almost 8000% gain.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/am ... ock-shares

An “Angry Mob” On Reddit Is Pushing Up GameStop's Stock Price And Pissing Off A Bunch Of Wall Street Firms

One financial industry expert told BuzzFeed News the redditors were engaged in a “coordinated attack.”

Investors on Reddit have launched an attack that’s both trolling and serious on Wall Street firms by purchasing shares in GameStop, pushing the stock price up over 480% in a week, costing hedge funds millions of dollars, and skyrocketing young investors’ portfolios and egos.

Popular subreddit r/WallStreetBets (WSB), whose tagline is “Like 4chan found a Bloomberg Terminal,” has over 2 million members reading and posting “stonks” tips and news. Its biggest obsession in recent weeks has been raising the stock price of GameStop, the old-school video game mall retailer.