bitcoin

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Re: bitcoin

Post by 5thhorseman »

Per wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:01 am I've recently bought stock in Sweden's biggest hotel chain, Scandic.
Their stock had fallen roughly 70% since the pandemic hit.

I expect it to go back to normal within a year or two.
They are too big to fail, so I don't see a bankruptcy in the cards.
So your investment is dependent on a government handout? Mmmmmm, how Republican of you (Boeing).
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

I don't know what the fuck is going on but seems like I got the first post on a new page down to a science.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:38 pm .
If you bozos own any twitter stock: SELL
While we are conflating Trump and investing, I'm wondering why all the leading companies of the day, the Amazons, Twitters, Googles, and Facebooks happen to be run by "leftists". Aren't the Republicans the party of business?

Thoughts anyone? Yeah, I know, there are some wackos like Musk who supported Kanye.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

5thhorseman wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:51 pm I don't know what the fuck is going on but seems like I got the first post on a new page down to a science.
As long as you quote your reference, it carries over just fine. I hate it when I reply without quoting and you can’t tell what I’m talking about ;)
Getting old is not for the young...
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

what are you talking about?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

5thhorseman wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:50 pm
Per wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:01 am I've recently bought stock in Sweden's biggest hotel chain, Scandic.
Their stock had fallen roughly 70% since the pandemic hit.

I expect it to go back to normal within a year or two.
They are too big to fail, so I don't see a bankruptcy in the cards.
So your investment is dependent on a government handout? Mmmmmm, how Republican of you (Boeing).
Well, not necessarily, but sure, the government is trying to help the service sector. I was actually thinking more along the line that they’re the biggest fish in the pond and will likely be able to hang in longer than anyone else. They have hundreds of hotels and own property smack dab in the centre of every city in Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark. Even if things get really bad, rather than going belly up they could just sell off a handful of buildings to raise cash and survive to fight another day.

Real estate in Sweden has actually gone up rather than down during the pandemic. It’s weird. My best guess is that people being forced to work from home all came to the conclusion that if I need to work from home, I need a better home! :lol:
But that means that should it be necessary to liquidate assets they will most likely not do so at a loss.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:24 am what are you talking about?
Numerous things
Getting old is not for the young...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

5thhorseman wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:58 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:38 pm .
If you bozos own any twitter stock: SELL
While we are conflating Trump and investing, I'm wondering why all the leading companies of the day, the Amazons, Twitters, Googles, and Facebooks happen to be run by "leftists". Aren't the Republicans the party of business?
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

The Beer Belly Putsch tried and failed lol.

In all honesty, they were a bunch of misfits. No chance of overthrowing anything larger than a bookshelf.

Anyways, wrong thread.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

You really think THAT was it Horsey? :lol:

Hang onto your horses...

____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:00 pm Hang onto your horses...
More waiting? groan
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

5thhorseman wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:58 pm The Beer Belly Putsch tried and failed lol.

In all honesty, they were a bunch of misfits. No chance of overthrowing anything larger than a bookshelf.

Anyways, wrong thread.
Well.... the failed Beer Hall Putsch wasn't the end of the NSDAP... even if many thought so at the time. :?

And you didn't see the pics of paramilitary peeps with zip-tie handcuffs looking for senators to take hostage? :eh:
Most were idiots and misfits, but in their midst were a bunch of trained domestic terrorists trying to pull of a coup.

https://news.yahoo.com/fbi-looking-man- ... 18048.html

... but yeah, probably wrong thread.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.