Just Not ready

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Just Not ready

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:55 am 49 government employees of the department overseeing CERB payments have been fired for illegally applying for and receiving CERB.
What a world...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:16 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:22 am
Topper wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:52 am [ A short barrel shotgun can not be practically carried and easily accessible while keeping it dirt free.
I would love a pocket cannon but all the horseshit involved in owning one, it's not worth it.

My answer is to replace the stock and foregrip on my Mossberg maverick shotty with pistol grips (foregrip has to fold or it catches on everything) and invest in a quality adjustable cross torso sling. The only negative is people get weird when you stroll by with your artillery out for everyone to see..

The solution to debris is to keep your breach closed, a finger cot on the barrel and a can of Remington action cleaner in the truck. Those Mossbergs have simple, reliable action parts that clean up quite nicely with that cleaner
Cross body doesn't work for us in the bush. I know guys with pistol grip mossbergs that modified the side pockets of their packs so the back stitching was replaced with velcro and carried the shotgun in the slot between the side pocket and main pack body. The idea was they could reach back over their shoulder and draw the shotgun as the side pocket breaks away. They'd also stuff a cork in the end of the barrel.

I had a Redhawk on my hip with copper jacketed soft points. Back then I just needed a letter from my employer to the RCMP saying I had a need for it while working in the bush.

Three of us were sitting on a bush strip cut in a gravel bar of the Stikine waiting for the single otter to pick us up and fly us to Smithers when an RCMP helicopter dropped in. Tne cops were cool but their moose and goose compatriats had carrots up their butts, wanted to see our ID and started rooting through our pile of gear. Found the camp 303 and asked to see if the guy leading us had his $5 permit from a sportings good store. He didn't and got a $50 ticket. I had my Redhawk and all my paperwork in a locked brief case in a duffle bag and just kept my mouth shut.
Hey Topps, got any good predator-killing stories to share?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

We had spotted a small black bear around camp early one morning I was awoken to a god awful sound that I thought was the bear destroying our kitchen. I got up, calmly got dressed and the two others I was working with also woke up. I grabbed the camp rifle, one guy put on his pants and shoes so I handed him my handgun just in case, the third guy stumbled out of the tent in nothing but his underwear clutching his camera. Otis, all black bears are named Otis, was chewing on an empty cooler. I dropped him with the rifle.

We had breakfast then dragged Otis into the canoe and dumped him in a swap across the lake. The decision was, who got the back seat of the canoe stareing dead Otis in the eye.

Another camp we had three small black bears we had to shoot over two weeks. We were burning out garbage daily and keeping the place clean. Once shot, we would tie a rope to one of the legs and a loop in the other end. Our helicopter pilot would then sling Otis out to a swamp. Turns out the pilot was having fun, taking Otis up as high as he could and the punching him off. Came back to camp and said, "he flew real well, almost like he'd flown before."

We then started flying out garbage out to a swamp and leaving it there. Three weeks later we went out to burn it and nothing had touched it. Weird.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

"Otis"... isn't that what the Dude used to call Doyle?

Thanks for sharing, anything spooky ever happen, like bigfoot or whatnot? :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The Bigfoot videos are in a vault buried in the yard below detection from the black helicopters.

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

-Topper and friends at work
If you need air...call it in
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I knew a guy back in the day that fought a bear. He was camping with his girlfriend, and the bear attacked the GF, so he jumped on its back and started stabbing it. The bear fought back, and although the bear was bleeding, it wasn't bleeding enough - so it won the battle and left the guy for dead (in a tree is what I remember). Later the GF was able to get help, find the guy still alive and the bear dead. He lived to tell about it, and has the scars to prove it.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Ok, this might sound really bad... but why didn't he just go and find a new GF?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Bill C-11
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Topper wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:16 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:22 am
Topper wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:52 am [ A short barrel shotgun can not be practically carried and easily accessible while keeping it dirt free.
I would love a pocket cannon but all the horseshit involved in owning one, it's not worth it.

My answer is to replace the stock and foregrip on my Mossberg maverick shotty with pistol grips (foregrip has to fold or it catches on everything) and invest in a quality adjustable cross torso sling. The only negative is people get weird when you stroll by with your artillery out for everyone to see..

The solution to debris is to keep your breach closed, a finger cot on the barrel and a can of Remington action cleaner in the truck. Those Mossbergs have simple, reliable action parts that clean up quite nicely with that cleaner
Cross body doesn't work for us in the bush. I know guys with pistol grip mossbergs that modified the side pockets of their packs so the back stitching was replaced with velcro and carried the shotgun in the slot between the side pocket and main pack body. The idea was they could reach back over their shoulder and draw the shotgun as the side pocket breaks away. They'd also stuff a cork in the end of the barrel.

I had a Redhawk on my hip with copper jacketed soft points. Back then I just needed a letter from my employer to the RCMP saying I had a need for it while working in the bush.

Three of us were sitting on a bush strip cut in a gravel bar of the Stikine waiting for the single otter to pick us up and fly us to Smithers when an RCMP helicopter dropped in. Tne cops were cool but their moose and goose compatriats had carrots up their butts, wanted to see our ID and started rooting through our pile of gear. Found the camp 303 and asked to see if the guy leading us had his $5 permit from a sportings good store. He didn't and got a $50 ticket. I had my Redhawk and all my paperwork in a locked brief case in a duffle bag and just kept my mouth shut.
There's this system but if you're scrabbling through heavy bush it'll catch on everything. I'm not really a fan of the shockwave stock but it makes for a quicker draw to firing position than any other stock imo
https://www.mlcustomshop.com/product-pa ... ter-system
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

^ LOL

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

New York State is giving illegal immigrants bus fare to get to the illegal Canadian border crossing at Roxham Road so they can walk into Canada and claim asylum.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal ... -1.6738824

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

We need automated sentry guns along that border...would sure put an end to it quick!

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Yet another Liberal cabinet minister found guilty by the ethics commissioner.

Yet again, one who someone with vast experience who should know better. As the Ethics Commissioner stated in his report.
“As a parliamentary secretary since 2015 and having served for several years on both the Standing Committee on Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics and the Standing Committee on Procedure and House Affairs, Mr. Fergus should be well versed on the functioning of both regimes and the importance of consulting the Office,” Dion said in a statement.
The Ethics Commissioner has had enough of Liberal ministers and senior officials being taken to task by him and is calling for additional mandatory ethics training for all of them.

Unprecedented level of widespread corruption.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/ ... or-all-mps