Just Not ready

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

donlever
CC Legend

Re: Just Not ready

Post by donlever »

BCExpat wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:36 pm That's what happens when you don't have a good specification - Right Lever? :roll: :lol:
Good and specification seem to me somewhat oxymoronic.

:P

...in all seriousness, a well theorized, project specific spec, written by a trade distinct Consultant, especially one willing to dialogue in an informed, reasonable, fair and professional manner with respect to on site versus cut and paste/CAD drawn details and unknown/unforeseen entities is a legit Godsend.

Not every monkey can build a temple.

Not every donkey can write a proper spec.

Not every clown can project manage efficiently and judiciously.
DeLevering since 1999.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

donlever wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:34 pm
BCExpat wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:36 pm That's what happens when you don't have a good specification - Right Lever? :roll: :lol:
Good and specification seem to me somewhat oxymoronic.

:P

...in all seriousness, a well theorized, project specific spec, written by a trade distinct Consultant, especially one willing to dialogue in an informed, reasonable, fair and professional manner with respect to on site versus cut and paste/CAD drawn details and unknown/unforeseen entities is a legit Godsend.

Not every monkey can build a temple.

Not every donkey can write a proper spec.

Not every clown can project manage efficiently and judiciously.
Amen to that. I used to pride myself on providing a really detailed, project specific spec. I've saved the Architects' bacon many times, because I caught stuff in my spec, which was missed on the drawings. It's a job that requires constant research and keeping on top of what is happening with different standards, codes, material manufacturer's products and installation methods. To be done properly, it requires many hours on site to get a true perspective of how things should be specified and to make sure spec requirements are enforced.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Provincial Museum is always a must do in Vic. Took my kid there last summer and was appalled at how PC and pro wagon burner the place has become, but still some cool stuff.

I have no idea why the current building will be closed for 8 years until the new digs are ready. Doesn't jibe with the benefits to tourism gig.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:38 pm Provincial Museum is always a must do in Vic. Took my kid there last summer and was appalled at how PC and pro wagon burner the place has become, but still some cool stuff.

I have no idea why the current building will be closed for 8 years until the new digs are ready. Doesn't jibe with the benefits to tourism gig.
Better politically correct than simply wrong.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Per wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 4:39 am
Topper wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:38 pm Provincial Museum is always a must do in Vic. Took my kid there last summer and was appalled at how PC and pro wagon burner the place has become, but still some cool stuff.

There was nothing wrong with it. While racism is wrong, the history of racism is not - it's a fact. The truth hurts sometimes. Closing down a museum because it's "racist" is a travesty. Human history is fraught with racism, erasing that history means we forget that history and the things that happened as a result of decisions that were based on bigotry. Being able to look and see that bigoted motivation has applied throughout our history towards different cultures, colours, and creeds, is important to prevent repeats of the same.

If the museum is misrepresenting what took place during the NA colonial period, then change it to properly represent the actual facts. Don't close it and blow a billion dollars to needlessly build a new one under the guise of some higher morality.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

It is the equivalent of Holocaust deniers.

Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Mëds wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:56 am

There was nothing wrong with it. While racism is wrong, the history of racism is not - it's a fact. The truth hurts sometimes. Closing down a museum because it's "racist" is a travesty. Human history is fraught with racism, erasing that history means we forget that history and the things that happened as a result of decisions that were based on bigotry. Being able to look and see that bigoted motivation has applied throughout our history towards different cultures, colours, and creeds, is important to prevent repeats of the same.

If the museum is misrepresenting what took place during the NA colonial period, then change it to properly represent the actual facts. Don't close it and blow a billion dollars to needlessly build a new one under the guise of some higher morality.
Of course it is stupid to close a museum, but Topper was complaining that the place was too PC, not that it was racist.
So I was responding to the statement about it being PC.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Trudeau restricts more fire arms that are mostly in law abiding citizens' possession and then turns around and reduces sentences for gun related crimes. He is doing the exact opposite of what needs to be done

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/li ... uxbndlbing
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Considering the regulatory hoops a legal handgun, or any restricted weapon, owner has to go through, they are the least of worries for gun violence. this is Trudeau pandering to the urban housewife inundated with news from the US and unable to know it is a foreign land. It is theatre from the drama queen (It's June so drama queen is an acceptable title for the PM).

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/np-vie ... ng-outrage

At the same time passing race based legal reforms. LOL

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/fi ... -americans

and

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/carson ... e-minister

Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

BCExpat wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:28 am Trudeau restricts more fire arms that are mostly in law abiding citizens' possession and then turns around and reduces sentences for gun related crimes. He is doing the exact opposite of what needs to be done

Just watch. Joe Cracker who keeps his legally purchased rifle properly stored, but missed the memo that it is now prohibited, and illegal will get a harsher sentence that the gang banger who commits armed robbery, and had a "troubled" childhood.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Tciso wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:17 pm
BCExpat wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:28 am Trudeau restricts more fire arms that are mostly in law abiding citizens' possession and then turns around and reduces sentences for gun related crimes. He is doing the exact opposite of what needs to be done

Just watch. Joe Cracker who keeps his legally purchased rifle properly stored, but missed the memo that it is now prohibited, and illegal will get a harsher sentence that the gang banger who commits armed robbery, and had a "troubled" childhood.
It's the Trudeau way. Virtue signalling - that's all it is. Look like you are getting tough on legal gun owners, and at the same time, reduce sentences for perpetrators of gun related crimes because of racism. Absolutely asinine policy :scowl:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The liberal party knows the typical legal gun owning demographic will never vote for them so they sacrifice the few fence sitters to curry wokeism points with their minority heavy voting base
If you need air...call it in
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

...or there's this guy and his distaste for all things Liberal.

https://twitter.com/sheepkingjb/status/ ... 5933384706
DeLevering since 1999.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

donlever wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:32 pm ...or there's this guy and his distaste for all things Liberal.

Fucking roofers and fucking beamers amirite? :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:11 pm
donlever wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:32 pm ...or there's this guy and his distaste for all things Liberal.

Fucking roofers and fucking beamers amirite? :mrgreen:
I wonder what his upcharge for roofing would be for Lever (driving a Mercedes)? :lol: :lol: Lever would have to put a couple of "Fuck Trudeau" bumper stickers on his car to get some reduction in price :lol: . Hopefully Lever doesn't need a new roof anytime soon :roll:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked