Only 99 days

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Only 99 days

Post by Mickey107 »

LOL; $15.00 per hour.

What happens to the foreign worker program. Abuse me thinks.
Thing should be dumped anyways.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

There has been rumblings about this whole "guaranteed income" drivel again. Imagine how the manitoba border would look with that little carrot hanging there for the economic migrants of the world.
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

.... now a $400 dollar rebate to renters

Where is the money coming from?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote:.... now a $400 dollar rebate to renters

Jesus Christ. Lmao watching the NFG cutting their own throats again. A 15$ minimum wage is no good for anyone and will drive businesses out of the province. Short sighted commie idiots are the only ones lapping this shit up. And now they want to reward people for renting houses ? Like Topper says who is paying for all this shit ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Topper wrote:.... now a $400 dollar rebate to renters

I'm not even sure what the point of that is. Is $400 a year supposed to be the difference between affording rent in Vancouver and living on the street? I'd honestly rather they take that money and at least target low income people who need it. I sure as hell didn't need a $400 cheque given to me when I rented in downtown Vancouver.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

..... and here it is..... increase corporate tax and taxes on highest earners.

nothing says Commie welfare state like punishing success

.... and fudge the numbers to predict a higher GDP growth and increase spending accordingly. In other words...

Print Money.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Most polls have the NFG ahead but they did in 2013 as well. I think Christy can pull this out of the fire. Only a loser would think 15$ an hour min wage is a good idea. Commie pricks.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Last election the NDP was miles ahead according to the polls and the Liberals still pulled it out.
This election the Liberals were practically tied with the NDP at the beginning.
Being the party in power usually leads to a negative bias at the start of the election.
The Liberals will do much better than the polls predict on election day.
Really this isn't much of an election, won't even be close, more a coronation.
Welcome to BC, land of Queen Christy. :P
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Who the hell wants the NDP out there? The'yre death to any economy they come near and isn't BC thriving right now?
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I don't want NDP but I do want some better services. The Liberals have slashed too much from well needed services to give tax breaks to the ones that need it the least. A few hundred dollars more for high income people and a little more for companies won't hamstring the economy. Use this money to improve specific services such as health care.

Not taking about wage increases but use it to open more hospital rooms etc.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

The money drives the bus and the unfortunates ride for free. Best not to piss off the driver.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Having seen up close the people in hallways in hospital beds, it is fucking depressing but money is not the only answer here . The Liberals can do better. Like Transit, the medical system needs an overhaul but the NDP would do more harm then good.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Having seen up close the people in hallways in hospital beds, it is fucking depressing but money is not the only answer here . The Liberals can do better. Like Transit, the medical system needs an overhaul but the NDP would do more harm then good.
Blob you are a dinosaur spouting who same tired propaganda from the 50's

What has the political right done for you except raise taxes, cut services, lie through their teeth and padded their own bank accounts.

Only sucker could possibly continually point the finger at two governments out of a century's worth as the reason the provincial economy is in the toilet.

Instead of being a punk why not use your own brain and ask yourself logical questions instead of spouting rhetoric
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

ukcanuck wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Having seen up close the people in hallways in hospital beds, it is fucking depressing but money is not the only answer here . The Liberals can do better. Like Transit, the medical system needs an overhaul but the NDP would do more harm then good.

What has the political right done for you except raise taxes, cut services, lie through their teeth and padded their own bank accounts.

Only sucker could possibly continually point the finger at two governments out of a century's worth as the reason the provincial economy is in the toilet.

Instead of being a punk why not use your own brain and ask yourself logical questions instead of spouting rhetoric
Thank GOD for dinosaurs....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

rats19 wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:

Thank GOD for dinosaurs....
Thank god for asteroids