Only 99 days

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Only 99 days

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

If the Libs can flip the Courtenay -Comox riding then it's a majority. Certainly a possibility with Benninger an ex commander at the military base and a lot of absentee votes still to come in from military personnel around the globe. Would be nice to see the Libs pull this out of the fire.

Horgan looks like he got his bulbous melon held under water too long as a child. Talk about aspergers or ADD. The guy is a train wreck
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:If the Libs can flip the Courtenay -Comox riding then it's a majority. Certainly a possibility with Benninger an ex commander at the military base and a lot of absentee votes still to come in from military personnel around the globe. Would be nice to see the Libs pull this out of the fire.
Here's hoping Blob. :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I hate minorities.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote:I hate minorities.
And... political correctness? :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Finally, my ballot will be counted.

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

There will be no majorities.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

So higher unemployment rate, higher taxes is the new BC for the next 4 years.

Death to all large projects that have any negative environmental impact.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Death to democracy in BC

....butt if you're a government employee or a an unemployed social worker (are there any?), a coalition no one voted for may have something for you.

Best thing the Liberals could do is a Throne Speech that directly caters to the Green Party and make them vote it down. Then ask Guichon to dissolve the Legislature and head back to the pools.

The NDP and Greens are broke.

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Exactly. Apathy will not kill a second time round.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote:Death to democracy in BC

....butt if you're a government employee or a an unemployed social worker (are there any?), a coalition no one voted for may have something for you.

Best thing the Liberals could do is a Throne Speech that directly caters to the Green Party and make them vote it down. Then ask Guichon to dissolve the Legislature and head back to the pools.

Yeah I thought about this too. Pander to the Greenies and get them to flip flop. This could also anger the voters however if we do have to go back to the polls. As in 08 when the federal greaseball liberals tried to jam in a coalition that nobody voted for I wonder how much appetite joe public has for this crap. I guess the NDP armed the lazy , the stupid, the drug addled , the slugs in the nurses union and the bctf and mobilized them for this election. The tree huggers can fuck right off as 90 % of these pieces of shit are little more than unemployed professional protestors who contribute next to fuck all in income tax $.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

David Suzuki is in favour of the NDP-Green Alliance.

Erases any doubt about how bad it really is.

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Yeah I thought about this too. Pander to the Greenies and get them to flip flop. This could also anger the voters however if we do have to go back to the polls. As in 08 when the federal greaseball liberals tried to jam in a coalition that nobody voted for I wonder how much appetite joe public has for this crap. I guess the NDP armed the lazy , the stupid, the drug addled , the slugs in the nurses union and the bctf and mobilized them for this election. The tree huggers can fuck right off as 90 % of these pieces of shit are little more than unemployed professional protestors who contribute next to fuck all in income tax $.
oh but if the greens had gone in with the libs you would be dancing now wouldn't you?

But if the libs do try to pander to the greens to force them to flip flop that will expose the lieberals for what they really are, pathetic liars, thieves and whores for multinationals and elites who will say and do anything to line their pockets at the expense of the young, the old and infirm, the environment and the middle class. All of which have endured ever increasing taxes, higher living costs and cuts to social services.

Sounds like great plan actually. Piss off even more of the public.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Your version of democracy is strikingly close to a plutocracy
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol raising taxes. With the Libs in control we have some of the lowest income taxes in the country. The NDP will fuck that all up. I guess if you make 30k a year it's great
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lol raising taxes. With the Libs in control we have some of the lowest income taxes in the country. The NDP will fuck that all up. I guess if you make 30k a year it's great

Even if that were true and not so completely out of context, it says a lot about your character that you care more that you might pay a few more bucks in taxes than a gutted healthcare and and education system.

Too bad you might have to cut back on the micro brew.