Only 99 days

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: Only 99 days

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:05 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:24 pm Lol - you think that is a melt down? I asked him a legitimate question? I am sure others would like to know as well. No?
Please debate the points made in the post rather than going all ad hominem on yours truly.

Your cooperation in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Yours Truly
Pot meet kettle
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

For the reasons Doc outlined Reef is why we don’t need these cameras turned on. It’s a fucking cash grab. They haven’t even announced what the threshold allowable will be in typical NDP fashion.

Dole out heavier punishment for people involved in high speed collisions at intersections. A slap on the wrist these rich Asian kids gets currently means fuck all to them or their parents.

The reason people are a bit lead footed around town is because they can’t move. There’s way too many vehicles out there and our infrastructure is antiquated.... like 40 years behind where it should be. Ahhh fuck it bully everyone into transit or electric cars and rip down viaducts and put in more bike lanes
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I moved out of Vancouver 14 years ago, for about the first seven years I didn't mind visiting a couple of times a year, now, I dread my visits there. How the fuck do you people sit in that traffic day after day?

Are 50% of the drivers jacked on roids? Vancouver has the highest concentration of driving assholes I've ever seen. I will take an hour to get whereever you need to go, may as well be a bit considerate and lose another 20 seconds.

Fuck me, I drove daily in Jamaica for 5 years where they had 3 traffic deaths every 2 days and we'd say 90% of the drivers drive like little old ladies because 10% drive like idiots
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

If the NDP want a cash grab then I'm okay with them taking it from the Reefers of this world rather than from me via general taxation.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

5thhorseman wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:08 am If the NDP want a cash grab then I'm okay with them taking it from the Reefers of this world rather than from me via general taxation.
:lol:

Somewhere around bridgeport and 3 rd hes snapping his knuckles preparing a "what do you mean by you people" response...
If you need air...call it in
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:06 am For the reasons Doc outlined Reef is why we don’t need these cameras turned on. It’s a fucking cash grab. They haven’t even announced what the threshold allowable will be in typical NDP fashion.

Dole out heavier punishment for people involved in high speed collisions at intersections. A slap on the wrist these rich Asian kids gets currently means fuck all to them or their parents.

The reason people are a bit lead footed around town is because they can’t move. There’s way too many vehicles out there and our infrastructure is antiquated.... like 40 years behind where it should be. Ahhh fuck it bully everyone into transit or electric cars and rip down viaducts and put in more bike lanes
Agree with the second part but this is not a tax grab, the amount of money received is minimal compared to the overall provincial budget.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:56 am Fuck me, I drove daily in Jamaica for 5 years
I remember, when we used to sit, in the government yard in Trenchtown... :mex:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Start tying the fines for excessive speeding to the offenders annual incomes like its done in other parts of the world. Rich children driving Lamborghinis would be different i guess but maybe bring the vehicle owner into the equation. Its pretty close to attempted murder, serious countermeasures are required
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

NDP once again driving the logging industry into the ditch. Chasm Mill closing, Vavenby closing. West Fraser cutting all kinds of shifts.

Curtailments all over the province. Be proud Horgan.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Reality is, the US market is slowing and the US recently won a softwood dispute. Horgam's screw over of license transfers would have eased things a bit, but the market is drying up.

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:30 pm Reality is, the US market is slowing and the US recently won a softwood dispute. Horgam's screw over of license transfers would have eased things a bit, but the market is drying up.
I would think that house prices crashing and stumpage fees have played a role not to mention angering our neighbors to the direct east. The business I’m in is taking a boot in the nuts with the mining slowdowns and mill closures right now.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:20 pm
Topper wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:30 pm Reality is, the US market is slowing and the US recently won a softwood dispute. Horgan's screw over of license transfers would have eased things a bit, but the market is drying up.
I would think that house prices crashing and stumpage fees have played a role not to mention angering our neighbors to the direct east. The business I’m in is taking a boot in the nuts with the mining slowdowns and mill closures right now.
Mining has been a dead business since October 2008. I attend a couple of large Mineral Exploration conferences each year. For the past 4 years, in addition to the overall slowdown, investor confidence in developing a project in BC on a reasonable time line has disappeared.

Time value of money is the weapon of choice for those protesting a project.

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Topper wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:04 pm
Topper wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:30 pm Reality is, the US market is slowing and the US recently won a softwood dispute. Horgan's screw over of license transfers would have eased things a bit, but the market is drying up.
Mining has been a dead business since October 2008. I attend a couple of large Mineral Exploration conferences each year. For the past 4 years, in addition to the overall slowdown, investor confidence in developing a project in BC on a reasonable time line has disappeared.

There seems to be a push on mine development in the yukon since i was last up here. Lots of mining outfits all rigged out with crews heading up. Ige been in to a half dozen so far since i came and theyre all fairly large operations.
A friendlier investment policy than down south?
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Not sure where mining is headed in Sweden.

It's a huge industry for sure, especially since we have like 92% of Europe's iron ore (5% of global reserves).
They are right now moving an entire city, Kiruna, because the mine needs to expand under the city centre, and that will make it unsafe to live there.

But new prospecting often heads into problems with local residents, and especially the reindeer herding Sami. Our version of indigenous people.

Sweden has both cobolt and rare earth metals available, and considering that the Chinese more or less corner the market on those and that they are a vital part of the increasingly important electric car industry, it should be of both national and European interest to create an indigenous industry for it.
Yet some of the best finds are under farmland in Österlen, a very popular tourist destination in the Southern province of Scania. Creating a mining industry there would not only ruin the farmland but could also destroy some of the rustic charm of the landscape, thus posing a threat to the Tourist industry. Those who live there are mostly dead set against opening mines. We'll see how it works out.

With electric cars gradually outcompeting the obsolete gas guzzlers, the need for these rare earth metals will increase exponentially over the next few decades, and at some point I think we will need to be able to get them domestically rather than from Congo or China.

https://apps.sgu.se/kartvisare/kartvisa ... neral.html

My forest is right in the largest precious metal belt, so there are two gold mines nearby. Fairly minor operations though.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:21 pm
Topper wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:04 pm

There seems to be a push on mine development in the yukon since i was last up here. Lots of mining outfits all rigged out with crews heading up. Ige been in to a half dozen so far since i came and theyre all fairly large operations.
A friendlier investment policy than down south?
Like BC, there are a few large exploration projects that get funded. Yukon has always had a much more favourable permitting process.